PDA

View Full Version : Another silly question

Kris
10-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Well Hello Ladies,

I have a question for all of you, and I think you will all giggle at it and I am giggling as I type it so feel free.

We all know that I am relatively new to this scene and have gotten most of my exposure here. I have yet to meet a cd'er on this site that doesn't know why I would call a cd'er "she" and you all know what a GG is.

Is this universal CD language?

I am asking because I got an email from someone, who claims is a crossdresser, and asked me if I was bi because I said I wanted to spend my life with a lady, AND then asked me what a GG is. This person is supposed to be 52 years old........

Do you all find this odd, or am I over reacting and being .. LOL PARANOID........ ( didn't i just write about being paranoid how cd'ers are paranoid?) Ironic eh?

:hugs: Kris

SarahLynn
10-06-2007, 01:05 PM
We all know that I am relatively new to this scene and have gotten most of my exposure here. I have yet to meet a cd'er on this site that doesn't know why I would call a cd'er "she" and you all know what a GG is.

"Is this universal CD language?"
Most likely but who am i to say, i still see some that i'm totally in the dark over.

My guess would be that this CD'r is still so in the closet he doesn't visit any place other than the bathroom and bedroom. I'd also be willing to say no one, not even he, knows that he dresses. But then i have to admit that until the first time i visited this site i also didn't know a tg from a gg from a cd from a tv or any of the other abbrev's. Was i stupid or was it just that i didn't know because i was not exposed to the information. I know it was the latter, but who's to say for him.

SarahLynn

Shelly Preston
10-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Well Hello Ladies,

I have a question for all of you, and I think you will all giggle at it and I am giggling as I type it so feel free.

I am asking because I got an email from someone, who claims is a crossdresser, and asked me if I was bi because I said I wanted to spend my life with a lady, AND then asked me what a GG is. This person is supposed to be 52 years old........

Do you all find this odd, or am I over reacting and being .. LOL PARANOID........ ( didn't i just write about being paranoid how cd'ers are paranoid?) Ironic eh?

Firstly

There is no such thing as a stupid question

The answer will always help someone

No is the short answer the language is similar but not universal

and not everyone knows the abbrevations

GG or RG or RW depending on where you hear it

Kris
10-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Firstly

There is no such thing as a stupid question

Wow love, I said silly.. not stupid. I am far from stupid but am not afraid to ask questions to get more educated. :happy:

Thanks for your opinion and information.

Kate Simmons
10-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Most folks with any exposure or any experience withing the TG community know what most of these abbreviations stand for and the so called "CD lingo"(How can you not?), although, even though I was in a TG support group for several years prior to joining here, I never saw the GG tag until I came here. I guess it depends on who you hang out with and what you do. We always referred to women as either genetic women or real women. While many of us call each other "she", it still brings somewhat of a grin to my face and I prefer to call everyone by either their femme name or real name. So, reasons for what you are asking could be due to limited contact with others.:happy:

Tina Dixon
10-06-2007, 01:50 PM
I have been hanging with them my hole life and just last year I found out what a GG was, and thats the truth and I'm sticking to it.

Julie York
10-06-2007, 02:01 PM
I think like any 'communities' they develope their own language and short terms for things that they all know. So if you have not been in that community long you won't know the slang words. But you'll pick them up. Maybe the person you spoke to has not been able to read many websites etc.

The "He" "she" business.....I can explain that....(pick me pick me!...waves hand in the air)........

The crossdressing world is generally occupied by people PLAYING at being female, or people who WANT to be female. So therefore, to be polite and join in the game of pretend, you uphold that illusion by calling someone 'she' . In the case of a T.s. you show empathy and understanding by addressing someone as 'she' because that is how they see themselves.

Outside of the game.....i.e. amongst themselves, women generally refer to their husbands, boyfriends etc as 'he'.

Hope that helps.

Rachel Morley
10-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Hi Kris, :hugs:

Pretty much. Once you expose yourself (not literally :heehee:) to our community and start interacting either online, or in person, you soon discover the acronyms and that people like to be addressed as the gender to which they are presenting, even if their presentation is less than perfect.

Regarding this person asking if you were bi ... well that's because they are naive about why some women are attracted to crossdresers. I'm married to a woman who is attracted to feminine men. Crossdressing to her is a natural extension of being a girly guy. She tells me that no matter how I look she can still "see the boy". A girly boy admitted, but a boy no less.

Here's an thread Marla did a while back called: "Accepting GGs: What makes us different?" Click HERE (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21159) to read it.

Hugs
Rachel

jaina
10-06-2007, 04:58 PM

I've been out for many years, wrote 2 books, been involved in outreach for ten years.
I NEVER heard the term GG untill I found this site.

Priscilla Ann
10-07-2007, 11:35 AM
GG...that stands for "girlie girl"...right?.....just kiddin...I remember when I first started chatting online I thought lol was lots of love...You live and learn...sometimes...