PDA

View Full Version : Going Out In Public

Tanya83
10-06-2007, 11:55 PM
As much as I would like to experience going out as a woman I just can't do it. Maybe someday in the future. Right now I was feeling like showing myself but there is no way I will walk outside my apartment. So I'd like to show some pictures to anyone here. :-) You gurlz are so understanding and helpful and I just want to feel like I'm in public. If anyone would care to PM me I really want to show off this great red dress I got a couple weeks ago. :hugs:

Abbygailrose
10-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Be brave Tanya. You have a great experience ahead.

Abby:hugs:

Billijo49504
10-07-2007, 12:08 AM
So post a picture of your outfit, we would love to see it...BJ

Tanya83
10-07-2007, 12:15 AM
So I should just do it?

Okay, I'm gonna post a pic...

your mailbox is full

angelfire
10-07-2007, 10:38 AM
You can post it in the photo gallery section. It is also members only, so there is no risk of anyone not on the board seeing it. I say just go ahead and post it girl!

SweetCaroline
10-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Tanya. I know going out for the first time is tough, but if you really want it, you will do it. Is there a group in your area that will help? Or maybe do as I did and travel to another city to go out for the first time?

You can read my story of going out for the first time on my Myspace page. Several people have told me it was very inspirational and up lifting...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=242206335

What ever you choose, best of wishes and good luck.

Caroline

charllote34
10-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Tanya i know EXACTLY what you are going through and everyone on here does x

Lisa Golightly
10-07-2007, 12:48 PM
The first photo is always the hardest... Trust me... Publish and be liberated. :)

Sallee
10-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Post it only us girls come here

Chloe Jean
10-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi Tanya

i know what you mean dear- I planning on getting a femmy makeover the end of this month. Its a real big step for us girls. i wish you all the best sweetie.
I've chatting with Rain of FairplayTV - She is willing to dolled me up and turn me into the perfect sissy maid. Lets keep in touch sweetie maybe we can give each other moral support.
:hugs:
Chloe Jean

DeniseNJ
10-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Tanya I know how you feel,... I want to go out so badly but also affraid. I went to a McDonalds drive in dressed last November, never got out of the car but came up with a wild excuse for going there dressed as a girl>>> someday someday!!!:hugs:

Patricia Danielle
10-08-2007, 05:32 AM
Go for it. I finally did and the rush was great and nobody really seem to notice so it was a great experiance for me and plan to do it again! Patricia..

Tamera
10-08-2007, 07:15 AM
Hi Tanya,
1st, Yes I think we all are waiting to see the pictures of you.
2cd, Look for some support groups in your area so you can meet other girls(unless you already know a few). It's a whole lot easier your first time going with someone else. After that you'll feel better about going out by yourself.

I have taken girls out for their 1st time personally. After that they just want more.
Hugs,
Tamera

Chari
10-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Hi Tanya, First time out can be exciting and frightening all in the same moment. My first was just that and some what hectic in that I pre-checked the area in drab I planned on going to for best route in & out, what other women my age were wearing, safe parking, lighting, and exits. For me, wearing comfortable attire was another concern as I wanted to "blend in". Everything went great! Even went to a quick drive thru for a late nite snack to celebrate. Found out, very few noticed me as most are more concerned about their own life. When you're ready, you'll know it's time to go out the door! Be safe and enjoy that first moment. You'll never forget it!:happy:
hugs2U, Chari

Tommie Rae
10-08-2007, 11:49 AM
and it will be much easier. Wear all male clothing, except for one item. Wear women's pants or jeans, but everything else male. Wear a woman's shirt, either a polo style or one that has a placket so it is hard to tell which direction the buttons go. Wear a woman's cashmere sweater. Wear women's round-toed boots or even sneakers. Then try putting together some different combinations. Take a look at what most women wear today - they are dressed fairly casually. You won't look like a drop-dead gorgeous woman, but most of us don't. It takes time and experience to become comfortable with yourself in public, but in time it will seem just like the most normal thing in the world and you will wonder why you worried so much about it in the first place. If you are not quite ready, then ease into it one baby step at a time.

trannie T
10-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I do not get out very often (about once a month) but I have a great time when I do. I'm always scared as I leave the house but quickly start to relax and enjoy the experience. If you want to, go out, if you're still too nervous stay home, do what is comfortable for you.

Eugenie
10-08-2007, 05:05 PM
As much as I would like to experience going out as a woman I just can't do it. Maybe someday in the future. Right now I was feeling like showing myself but there is no way I will walk outside my apartment. So I'd like to show some pictures to anyone here. :-) You gurlz are so understanding and helpful and I just want to feel like I'm in public. If anyone would care to PM me I really want to show off this great red dress I got a couple weeks ago. :hugs:

Being French my quote of an English saying may be a bit approximative: "You have to learn to crawl berore you can walk."

Going out is like everything else... I've found that meeting X-dresser sisters in private was a first step that was not so difficult to make. In fact, the easiest situation may be attending a meeting in a x-dresser support group. I did that long before I built enough confidence showing pictures of me...

Then as you will start to build self esteem for the x-dresser that is in you, you will gain the confidence that you are missing for the moment.

Perhaps, with the help of a sister, you will finally pass that front door and experience that wonderful feeling of freedom.

But beware... It is an addictive feeling... Once you will have had a taste of that freedom, you won't be able to stop going out... You'l crave for it...

The steps I described may not work for you. It mays be that you will follow a different path... But once you will have built confidence in yourself then going out won't be a problem anymore, at least on an individual basis, as there may be other constraints that may stop you from doing it (S/O not accepting, family pressure, job responsibilities)

But if this is not your case, I hope that you will get out there... It is worth it...
:hugs:
Eugenie
PS: posting a photo is fun too :heehee:

christid66
10-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Hi Tanya,
I was as nervous as you about posting on here. All I could (and still can) see is me in female clothing.

However, the responses that I received were amazing and everyone is so supportive that I can't wait until I have the opportunity to do it again.

We're all with you

JoAnnDallas
10-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Tanya83.......I remember the first time I went outside in the Daylight. My heart rate was way way up, I seem to be short of breath, so nervious that if someone touched me I would have jumped sky high. LOL I soon discoverd that no one paid any attention to me and I soon relaxed and enjoyed the outing. You will get there, one day you will just walk out the door and there you will be. Outside in the public, without a care in the world. Take your time, no need to rush.

Hugs,

JoAnn

Evelyn Smith
10-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Going out is scary, but it feels so good! My avatar was taken on my first night out. I was living in Scotland and found a group who met on a regular basis at an LGBT center. There were changing facilities there, so I went and got changed. After the meeting, some of the group were going to a different bar and asked if I wanted to go.

It hadn't been my intention to go outside on my first night, but given the opportunity, I said 'yes'. A short walk to one of the girls' cars, a drive through the streets of Glasgow, and a short walk to the other bar later - it sounded like a dream come true!

Then I saw the police telephone box... I had a camera with me... I'm a huge Doctor Who fan... Time for a quick detour!

My confidence grew enormously over the weeks and months ahead, and I regularly walked from the center to the bar in the company of the friends I made at the center. I won't ever pass for a female, I'm too tall and that means I get noticed and examined, but that group gave me the courage to live my dream. Except for Halloween, I won't ever leave or enter the house dressed as a woman - that's my own rule, no one else's - I'm a very private person and don't want the entire apartment complex I live in to ask questions I don't want to answer.

Anyway, if you can find a group near where you live, and if that group offers changing facilities, then you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying it out. If, as has happened to me, the group isn't the right one for you, keep looking - you will find the right time and place, trust me. Just keep looking, and be true to yourself.

Evelyn