PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice- San Diego Areas

Alice B
10-07-2007, 02:09 AM
As I have mentioned in earlier posts, my wife was going out of the country for 3 weeks. Tonight I took her to LAX and now have total freedom. I have never been out in public except fr halloween and now have the chance. I would like to go to a resturant/bar in my area or a close area, but am not sure where I can go alone and feel safe and welcome. Looking for sugestions as to where to go, what evenings are safe and what to expect. Help please as I want to make this large step.

fsigirl
10-07-2007, 02:15 AM
Alice !! I dont believe this ! I am in the exact same situation as you are - my wife is out of the country for a couple of weeks and I'm in the San Deigo area as well !

What do you say !

-s

Laurengrl01
10-07-2007, 02:22 AM
Alice, First off, I don't think for a second that you would have any trouble "passing" (if that is your intention). I understand that your city has a world class zoological park... I don't think anyone would bother you there... they are (should be!) too busy looking at the animals.

fsigirl
10-07-2007, 02:30 AM
Oh no Lauren, San Diego Zoo is much too crowded and..well, maybe Alice would be ok there, I'd feel way too uncomfortable.

Alice, there is a bar downtown somewhere that CD girls meet - wanna try? Ooh, as I write this I feel shivers about drumming up the courage myself.

Its such a HUGE conincidence that I should read your message - today was the FIRST time ever I went out dressed - of course, it was just a quick drive to the beach and back - but the walking to my car to and back was just absolutely thrilling !

MonikaW
10-07-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm not in San Diego myself, but do visit often. In fact I was just there a couple of weeks ago and had the opportunity to fly home as Monika (See Flying Enfemme (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67723)). I usually hang out at the SRO Lounge on Friday and Saturday nights. It's located on 5th Street. I usually just go where ever I feel like dressed. I've been to the Zoo and Old Town in addition to shopping and just hanging out.

Alice B
10-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Things like the Zoo and Balboa Park are out. I know far too many people that frequent these areas and I would feel very uneasy.

fsigirl. Contact me via private message asap and let's see what we can arrange. As long as you don't mind being out with an older girl. It could be fun.

Evelyn Smith
10-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I usually hang out at the SRO Lounge on Friday and Saturday nights.

Are there changing facilities at the SRO? I don't leave the apartment dressed, so I need somewhere to change once I get out.

Sally24
10-09-2007, 12:02 PM
If you are not comfortable close to your home you might consider driving up or down the coast to another metro area. I usually keep about 45 minutes between home and my outings dressed.

MonikaW
10-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Are there changing facilities at the SRO? I don't leave the apartment dressed, so I need somewhere to change once I get out.

No there aren't any changing facilities. I guess one could use the bathroom there to change.

Caitlintgsd
10-10-2007, 02:16 AM

About the only place in Hillcrest with a changing space is at the Caliph. Sherman's the owner, he rents out lockers (more like closets) and has a monthly fee for a key to the area if you don't need a place to store your stuff. The area is fixed up with decent lighting, mirrors etc....

Michelle 51
10-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Alice I'm almost tempted to go with you girls because i've never been out in femme neither but that can't happen but i'm waiting for you to tell the rest of us how it went. Go girls justabit

LA CINDY LOVE
10-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Alice B and Fsigirl if you girls got that much time on your hand then you should do it right and not half step.

If you girls come up to LA I will show you the time of your life and how good it feels to walk on the wild side.

This weekend dradstrip66 is having a big Halloween party go to
www.dragstrip66.com to check it out. also the Oxwood inn is really starting to jump you will love this place lots of Cd's and ts of all kinds and everyone is very friendly you will dance the night away this weekend.
www.oxwoodinn.com

Know if you would like a dinner I know of a place were the chef is a CD and party's with us just let me know and I will get you girls all the info you.
www.fritziespastagrill.com ask for chef APRIL she will take good care of you both

LA CINDY LOVE

tvvixion
10-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi Girls,
I am going to las vegas for halloween anyone else from San diego or LA going?

charlie
10-10-2007, 03:55 PM
As I have mentioned in earlier posts, my wife was going out of the country for 3 weeks. Tonight I took her to LAX and now have total freedom. I have never been out in public except fr halloween and now have the chance. I would like to go to a resturant/bar in my area or a close area, but am not sure where I can go alone and feel safe and welcome. Looking for sugestions as to where to go, what evenings are safe and what to expect. Help please as I want to make this large step.

Hello Alice B!
Looking at your picture makes me think that you should have nothing to worry about. You are a good looking girl and tastefully dressed. Going to any outside resturant or coffee shop would be a great way to test the water so to speak. San Diego is a pretty open place anyway. I live in Long Beach and go there often. Try out an outide coffee place in the gas lamp district at night.

leliani
10-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Sigh....I'm in the same situation as you...or I will be in JANUARY!!! LOL. My wife is going on a trip, and so I'll be alone for a whole MONTH. I too am in the San Diego area...so if your going to be free again this January let me know!

I would appreciate any advice you could give after this weekend to me though! Like the places you went and things like that...

I'd love to be GF's with both you and fsgirl though! my e-mail in trns_vestite@yahoo.com...

Here's hoping to the start of a beautiful relationship!!!

~Leliani~

Alice B
10-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Lots of nice comments and ideas. Especially like the idea of going to an area away from home where I won't be known. Things like the Gaslamp District are far to risky for me as I know lots of people that frequent the area. I did go to SRO's last Sunday and it was fine. Very few people there, no TS or CD's, just 6-8 gays. They were very friendly, welcomed me and made me feel at home.

I have been to;ld that Martini's is a good place and may give it a go this weekend. I also have a GG friend that knows about my dressing and wants to come down next Wednesday and take me to LIPS for bitchy bingo. I know the place is accepting, but reluctant to go alone to this place.

Those of you that want to are free to contact me directly to see if we can get together, while I have the freedom. It ends on the 24th.:love: