PDA

View Full Version : Going out for the 1st time - and it was great

antonia_bee
10-07-2007, 06:42 AM
Hey girls, I thought I would share a wonderful experience with you all..

I finally did it!!!!

As off this morning, I officially ventured out into the daylight. I had a sudden thought last night that I would bite the bullet and go out…. So I did. I got dressed and went out at 2.00am for a little walk around the block. I was so nervous!! I walked past a few people, but I don’t think anyone noticed…. But it was so good. I loved it so much, I decided that I would go out in the day…

Waking up I got dressed, painted my nails and did my make up. I was worried people would say something. And I hadn’t actually worked out what I would do? I decided to go for a drive and go to a big Matalan nearby and dare myself to buy something. I loved the idea of being able to try on some clothes..!! Anyway, the hard bit was going to be getting out of my flat and down to the car. I didn’t want to bump into anyone, and luckily I made it… 1st obstacle over with…

I got to Matalan, and making sure I walked properly, I went into the store. Hardly anyone around, but I was bricking it. Headed straight to the shoes, and tried on a few pairs…. Was going to buy some until disaster..! A lady beside me had read me, and was staring. I bottled it and walked away quickly…. I went straight out and got back into the car….

But I did it, I made it, and getting read was weird. I should have just flashed her a big smile, and carried on… Anyway, till the next time! Thanks for reading

Antonia
xx

Gisele
10-07-2007, 06:56 AM
That is great news! May I add that you look great in your avatar pic. Wow you look like a GG.

Now that you got the biggest step out of the way it WILL get easier for you. My first step was going to a strip mall on a busy day. I had zero problems.

You are right you should have flashed a big smile and kept doing your thing.

:hugs:Beth

CamillaCD
10-07-2007, 07:36 AM
I am happy for you! You look girly in your avatar.

As for being read, it probably won't be the last time. The choices are as I see it, either get better, or just say to yourself "Who cares, I am having a great time :happy:".

Kate Simmons
10-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Good for you Hon. You look great by the way. That's the way I did it my first time out. Just jumped right into the mix and didn't care what anyone thought, good, bad or indifferent. Sometimes that is the only real way to get your feet "wet". It was all pretty much downhill after that.;):battingeyelashes::happy:

Joy Carter
10-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Don't let others ruin your world Hun. Just go on and be who you are. :hugs:

Angie G
10-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Thats great Antonia you go girl :hugs:
Angie

Patty
10-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Way to go girl :hugs:

charllote34
10-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Thats fantastic what a rush that was for you !!

angelfire
10-07-2007, 10:12 AM
To be honest, I am surprised you didn't get any stares. I mean, you look gorgeous, so I'm surprised people weren't checking you out. Way to go, congrats on the big step forward!

sterling12
10-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Your out now, it will be very hard to go back in The Box.

You will be "read," on occasion, it happens to everyone. What usually happens is that the person "reading," has too much poise to ever say anything, or they just don't care.

Try very hard to have confidence, and always act like you belong. Those two behaviors will overcome 99% of your worries. Remember, your not trying to pass....your trying to blend!

Oh, and avoid groups of teenage girls. They study other females constantly and they are the number one enemy of CD Success. Avoid the malls AFTER school lets out.

Peace and Love, Joanie

janet1234
10-07-2007, 03:46 PM
That bit of advice on teen age girls is most interesting, perceptive.

Jilmac
10-07-2007, 04:10 PM
GOOD FOR YOU GIRL! i'm glad that you had the courage to venture out. by the way, when i saw your avatar i thought you were a gg (genuine girl). i'm not passable and speak with a baritone voice so i know i would be made immediately. this first time was your ice breaker, it will get easier from here on.
Jill

vivianann
10-07-2007, 04:28 PM
congrats on your first time out, it feels like the freedom to fly, now you are hooked on the feeling.
anyway when someone stares just look at them with a smile, and say hi, or hello, it breaks the ice, when I do that then the GG's will usually strike up a conversation with you, not all do, but they will say hi back.

Franki Kate
10-08-2007, 08:53 AM
You have passed your first hurdle. The others will be a cinch.

Mayliis
10-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi Dear,
Congratulations. I'm so happy because of you. Go on, you're so brave-

Kisses,
Mayliis

Emily Ann Brown
10-08-2007, 10:59 AM
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME SIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But wait till you are trying on heels and the lady gives ya that look, and you know she knows....because you are dressed like a guy ! GIGGLE GIGGLE. (Yeah, happened to me before....they don't say I'm crazy for no reason.

Okay, so you have been read. You didn't die did ya? The ceiling didn't fall in on ya did it? A thousand police didn't appear from everywhere and arrest ya did they? Life goes on after a read. Been read before, it happens. If you still want to do it again you will be comfortable quickly and will learn to ignore others. Going out in public isn't for everyone, but if you survived a read the first time then it may be perfect for you.

Emily Ann

trannie T
10-08-2007, 03:33 PM
It's great getting out of the closet isn't it. Like a whole new world.

antonia_bee
10-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Thanks girls for the lovely responses..... Been feeling a bit strange since, but I'm sure it will pass in time...

But onto the next piece of business... I really want to go out for a night out, probably London. Anyone know the best place to go? Been looking around on the net, but can't work anything out. Anyone interested in showing a keen girl a good time?? Without being ageist, hopefully someone around my age??

Thanks again everyone
x

Ruth
10-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Congrats Antonia. The first time is such a thrill. But most of us get read so don't let that stop you. Can't help you with the London scene, I'm a country girl, but I hope you work something out.
Ruth

antonia_bee
10-08-2007, 04:22 PM
here is one photo from yesterday... I think I need to learn how to carry myself as a women... still need some practice

x

Andrea_girl
10-08-2007, 05:35 PM
well done

I wish I was as brave as you

I agree with everyone you look a real Girly Girl

christid66
10-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Just gotta say "Wow". You look great.
As for London.....I hear this is the place to go http://www.thewayoutclub.com/ but unfortunately, I never had the courage to go when I lived over there.

angelfire
10-08-2007, 06:18 PM
That is quite the belt. Looks kinda strange, but it is probably the angle. Cool, but weird.

janet1234
10-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Antonia

Billijo49504
10-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Just look them right in the eye, and say have a nice day, with a big smile. And then see what they do. But as others have said, don't let them ruin your fun...BJ

Christine Kelly
10-09-2007, 06:36 AM
Congratulations, Antonia!
You look wonderful, by the way.
And the next time someone reads you,
just assume that they are going to give you
a compliment on your great style!