PDA

View Full Version : Oh Oh!!

coco8132
10-07-2007, 01:54 PM
I bought a human hair wig on Ebay about a month ago, having calculated the timeline for delivery and the fact my wife wouldn't be home when it arrived. Well, paypal delayed my payment for 10 days, hence shipping was late 10 days. Now the wig is being held to clear customs ...another delay. Now my wife comes home Wednesday. If I don't receive it by then how the hell am I going to explain my buying a wig?

charllote34
10-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Thats a very good question and one that will require a lot of thought......

Kris
10-07-2007, 01:59 PM
I bought a human hair wig on Ebay about a month ago, having calculated the timeline for delivery and the fact my wife wouldn't be home when it arrived. Well, paypal delayed my payment for 10 days, hence shipping was late 10 days. Now the wig is being held to clear customs ...another delay. Now my wife comes home Wednesday. If I don't receive it by then how the hell am I going to explain my buying a wig?

Well you could tell her the truth?? Say it was for Halloween? Use your imagination.

Kris

charllote34
10-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Thats a great answer Chris, or you could say you ordered it for a friend ?

coco8132
10-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I thought about the Halloween angle. Also debated putting a stop order on mail delivery??? I'm extremely hopeful it'll arrive by then so as to avoid the matter.

jaina
10-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Now my wife comes home Wednesday. If I don't receive it by then how the hell am I going to explain my buying a wig?

Be an adult and stop lying to your wife.

Sophie_C
10-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Does someone not know what a PO Box is? :spank:

Wenda
10-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Does someone not know what a PO Box is? :spank:
Many sellers willnot ship to a PO box. Halloween Girl! Got the rest of the costume? HUGE opportunity! Go for it!. w.

angelfire
10-07-2007, 03:20 PM
or maybe the package is discreet, so perhaps it won't say what is inside, so you could say you got something else.

lynn27
10-07-2007, 03:59 PM
stopping the mail for a week or so sounds like a good idea. SO likely won't notice the lack of mail for a few days and you could go down and pick up the backlog along with the wig and resart the mail service...

I thought about the Halloween angle. Also debated putting a stop order on mail delivery??? I'm extremely hopeful it'll arrive by then so as to avoid the matter.

coco8132
10-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Crisis averted. It arrived today and it's great.

Kris
10-09-2007, 09:13 PM

Congrats... I think.

Wenda
10-09-2007, 09:28 PM

That's it!?!? No fireworks! Why do we pay you the big bucks.... oh, sorry, WE don't pay you, glad it worked out. w.

eleventhdr
10-09-2007, 09:41 PM
You do not say what kind of wig this is male or female what kind of wig is it!?

Suzy Ann!

KatrinaAshley
10-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Be an adult and stop lying to your wife.

Some things are better left unsaid.

Whew, close one. I always check and double check for potential problems because things like this CAN happen to anyone. So far I've been lucky.

coco8132
10-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Yes, definitely some things are better left unsaid. As for due diligence, I thought I was ok for timing, but as mentioned paypal delayed my payment for about 10 days which in turn delayed shipping by same.
As for what type it is, human hair, quite long ( below shoulder blades) and dark brown in colour. Feels incredible on. I won't be able to do a full makeover for a few weeks as my SO will be home then. So now I have something to look forward to when she leaves on a biz trip again.....

Lisa Thorne
10-09-2007, 11:24 PM
I always request my shipments to go to the UPS hub to be held for pick up. I never have to worry about timing any more.

janet1234
10-10-2007, 09:25 AM
I have not thought about that.
CoCo, now buy a french maid costume and black heels for Halloween to go with your wig.

Claire3
10-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Guess its abit of a learning curve for you.Sure some of us girls have been there before.One can only look forward and upwards

Melissa Anne
10-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Maybe this experience is a sign that you should tell your wife. I guess only you can decide if that is the thing to do or if it is even possible. If you think she will handle it well or at least tolerate it, I would really consider telling her. Life is too short to spend it sneaking around behind your wife trying not to get caught in my opinion. Good luck!

Melissa

Rita B
10-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Oh what webs we weave when first we set out to deceive!

You could set up a pup tent on the front lawn and stay in it so you can intercept the delivery person when they deliver your wig. BTW, when you order something to be delvd to your home and they ask if the delivery address is different from the purchaser address, you could make up a fictitious name but at the correct address. At least if someone else retrieves it, you can always say that the Post Office made a mistake and that you will take it back or whatever. How are devious are we ?

Rita B

Wendy me
10-10-2007, 11:47 AM

thats why i always shop in person..........

karynspanties
10-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Well if you can't or won't tell her the truth....then tell her there is a package coming and she is not to open it because it's a Christmas gift you bought for her on-line. Then make sure you pick something up extra special for her during the holidays. Simple as that.

Jilmac
10-10-2007, 03:43 PM
tell her it's for halloween. Jill

charlie
10-10-2007, 03:51 PM

You will probably be in luck, as ebay sends the stuff you buy in plain wrapped packages. Then again your wife just might open in for you out of curiousity. I would go with the Halloween thread and get some other clothes that ykour wife will accept. As part of the just in case senerio, find out where a Halloween party is going to be and get two tickets to it!