PDA

View Full Version : What if it was okay.......

Jamie14
10-07-2007, 02:04 PM
My wife (ACCEPTING BUT DOESNT WANT TO PARTICIPATE) asked me a very interesting question the other day that has perplexed me somewhat:

What if it was okay in today's society to do what we do? Dress up/wig/makeup/whatever? Would it still excite me as much if I grew up in a culture that was okay with crossdressing? I get so excited at crossdressing opportunities like today (grey blouse, black skirt, strawberry blonde hair, heels, full makeup!! Stuck in house but en femme- tht's okay!))

Now, don't jump on me- i know many of you are fearless and don't care what others think of you anyways. But, for those of us hemmed in somewhat by society (I've only been out in public @12 times in the last five years- and i know there are so many that won't venture out)

Would you do things differently if it was widely accepted?

I told her I think I would still be very excited about it but that i would obviously do it LOTS MORE!!!

Kate Simmons
10-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Not for me Jamie because I'd be who I am and do what I do anyway.It's just something I like to do and choose to do. It would, however, be interesting to see just who would do it if it were otherwise accepted.:happy:

Emma England
10-07-2007, 02:26 PM
If it was accepted, then the phrase crossdressing would not exist.

charllote34
10-07-2007, 02:32 PM
If it was acceptable then would it be any more fun? hmmm but then would i still love it ? ABSOLUTELY !!:happy:

Marla S
10-07-2007, 02:47 PM
YES, definitively.
I would think about it far less than I do now and would use the "excess" mental energy to think about other important things.

I told her I think I would still be very excited about it but that i would obviously do it LOTS MORE!!!
My personal experience, from my desperate attempts to "normalize" it, tells me the opposite.
I admit though, that my view and experiences are also corrupted by own and outer restrictions.

Acceptance means normality, normality means less excitement but more inner peace.
"LOTS MORE", maybe, maybe lots less, depends on what's the core of all this. Hard to tell ... we will know once it is normal.

jaina
10-07-2007, 02:48 PM
There is a huge misconception the this is for fun and thrills.

Shelly Preston
10-07-2007, 02:50 PM
I wish it was ok

Then for so many girls here the closet would not exist anymore :D

Victoria Anne
10-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Yes I would dress as it is who I am and how I feel most comfortable.

Sophie_C
10-07-2007, 02:54 PM
What the question your wife is begging is whether most most of it is about people getting their rocks off on the 'wrongness' and inappropriateness of it all.

And, for those people who do (the 'sissies' - see this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59020) for an example of what I mean), they'd probably completely lose interest in it, since no one would care anymore. Their fetishization of it all is hinged on people finding it inappropriate and 'wrong.' They get off on the 'humiliation' effect of doing what they do and that would cease to exist.

But, I do not believe they're anything more than an extreme minority of the community.

That being said, I think a lot more people would just dress as they care to.

Most people (including I) would be completely full-time, which is a stark contrast to never being out and never caring to be out due to the consequences, my entire life.

I (and many people here, I presume), have always had to make efforts to make myself come off as more masculine than I really am and it would be a relief to just 'be myself', so I'd just do that.

crunchysoda
10-07-2007, 03:24 PM

I think there must be at least *some* who enjoy it for the "risk" and "naughtyness" of it all. I think that this might be just *one* of the reasons my bf likes it.

What's wrong w/wanting to do something because it is "non acceptable", It's safe rebellion in comparison to other things (he has kept it inside the home, except wearing undies, but no one can see those.).

Marla S
10-07-2007, 03:31 PM
What's wrong w/wanting to do something because it is "non acceptable",
Nothing, as long as one doesn't complain about that it is not accepted. Otherwise a "safe rebellion" is not the reason to do it.

angelfire
10-07-2007, 03:31 PM
What's wrong w/wanting to do something because it is "non acceptable", It's safe rebellion in comparison to other things (he has kept it inside the home, except wearing undies, but no one can see those.).

Safe rebellion at this point, for some it is. I mean, its like some people smoke or do drugs because it is illegal and makes them feel like they are taking a risk. So for some, yes, it would be that factor, the factor that it is a risk in doing it, or the people who are into humiliation.

But then there are the people who genuinely like the style. To be honest, if it was totally and 100% acceptable, I think I would still dress. I wouldn't go full time, but I'd dress each day as I felt. If I wanted to wear a skirt and a nice top, then I'd wear a skirt and nice top. The next day if I wanted to wear jeans and a band t-shirt, then I'd do that. Or if I wanted to wear a skirt and a band t, then I'd do that. Really, I'd just dress however the mood struck me.

crunchysoda
10-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Nothing, as long as one doesn't complain about that it is not accepted.

This is true. My bf has never once complained about it, heck he hardly talks about it at all. Only if I bring it up.

Some people just like to complain, about anything.

Safe rebellion at this point, for some it is. I mean, its like some people smoke or do drugs because it is illegal and makes them feel like they are taking a risk. So for some, yes, it would be that factor, the factor that it is a risk in doing it, or the people who are into humiliation.

But then there are the people who genuinely like the style.

I realize that, that's why I said *some*, not all, or even most or anything. He certainly could be in the minority. If you notice he rarely posts. I have nearly ten times the amount of posts he has, he makes fun of me for it. <shrugs>
He is a minority amongst a minority, and well so am I. That's ok w/me.
:D

Paula G
10-07-2007, 03:40 PM
If it were acceptable it probably would not be as exciting, but I would be much more comfortable with being myself in the world.

Ruth
10-07-2007, 03:42 PM
There's a point about some people doing "extreme" forms of CDing for kicks, and yes, I think if it were permissible it would lose its attraction and they'd move on to something that was out of bounds.
But a lot of the CDers here, like myself, would welcome the freedom to dress as they feel they should look, whenever and wherever they want. And no, I wouldn't be in a flowing dress and full make-up every day because I doubt that I would always be in the mood. I'd have my jeans and T-shirt days too.

vivianann
10-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I would would dress enfemme everyday, in fact I am preparing to live 24/7 enfemme, so it would be nice if society would be accepting of what we want to wear. I hope society does accept us dressing how we please.
I prefer to dress enfemme because it is how I identify with my inner self, it feels normal, I feel more at ease, when I comb my hair, put on makup, and bra and breastforms, and panties, and hose, I feel complete.

Karren H
10-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I'd quit... and become a secret agent or an astronaut.... criminal.... something exciting!!! lol

K

Jilmac
10-07-2007, 04:37 PM
in some cultures it is totally acceptable for men to impersonate women. unfortunately uor society has placed a stigma on us. however we are living in a double standard society where women can dress in men's clothes without being labeled. would i dress and go out if it was accepted? yes. would i feel any less of a thrill? no. i have gone out en femme but only to tg meetings and only twice. will i be going to more tg meetings? yes. there i am accepted as "one of the girls" regardless of wether i'm passable in public or not. we will have a long wait for society to change its double standard, and stop "labeling" us as "crossdressers", and start accepting us as productive members and people of our ownsociety. Jill

SusanMarie
10-07-2007, 04:49 PM
If it were 'widely accepted' , I would go out more often. Dressing is more 'normal' for me than exiting. Don't get me wrong, it is fun; womens' clothes in general are much more fun than mens. In fact, I feel more... 'crossdressed'...in male mode.:heehee:

vivianann
10-07-2007, 04:53 PM
If it were 'widely accepted' , I would go out more often. Dressing is more 'normal' for me than exiting. Don't get me wrong, it is fun; womens' clothes in general are much more fun than mens. In fact, I feel more... 'crossdressed'...in male mode.:heehee:

That is exactly how I feel. I am crossdressed when in male mode, and as for dressing it feels normal also.

BarbaraTalbot
10-07-2007, 05:17 PM
if it was completely normal all of the sudden and I could stroll about like Max Klinger just doing my normal everyday things, and no one thinking it was in anyway abnormal. What fun to get compliments on shoes from women we know now, but who of course have no idea about my dressing. I'd be much more free to notice and comment on others fashion choices. And they would get it that I really do like the line of their skirt, or cut of their hair, or the height of their heel, and that it isn't some kind of weird come-on.

Kris
10-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I'd quit... and become a secret agent or an astronaut.... criminal.... something exciting!!! lol

K

You kill me Karren. You LIE! You must have brown eyes because I believe you are full of ......... $h*t

docrobbysherry
10-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I dress up to get my, "rocks off". However, not because it is forbidden fruit. I just love the look of an attractive woman. The fact that I can appear to be one, and feel like a sexy lady all dolled up, is an off the map turn on for me.
( See what I mean at: myspace.com/robertsherry). I get nothing from the "fetishization" of CDing, except guilt! Personally, I would love to be able to wear a few ladies items out occassionally. Not to try to pass, just to enjoy the feel of ladies things! Maybe I'm not typical of "rocks off" CDers. No ideas about that.
RS

What the question your wife is begging is whether most most of it is about people getting their rocks off on the 'wrongness' and inappropriateness of it all.

And, for those people who do (the 'sissies' - see this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59020) for an example of what I mean), they'd probably completely lose interest in it, since no one would care anymore. Their fetishization of it all is hinged on people finding it inappropriate and 'wrong.' They get off on the 'humiliation' effect of doing what they do and that would cease to exist.

But, I do not believe they're anything more than an extreme minority of the community.

That being said, I think a lot more people would just dress as they care to.

Most people (including I) would be completely full-time, which is a stark contrast to never being out and never caring to be out due to the consequences, my entire life.

I (and many people here, I presume), have always had to make efforts to make myself come off as more masculine than I really am and it would be a relief to just 'be myself', so I'd just do that.

Karren H
10-07-2007, 06:59 PM
You kill me Karren. You LIE! You must have brown eyes because I believe you are full of ......... $h*t

Ok I'd be a crossdressing secret agent!!! Happy!! :D

Karren

Kris
10-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Ok I'd be a crossdressing secret agent!!! Happy!! :D

Karren

I see you as someone who would find SOMEWAY to rebel.. or do something outrageous for shock value. You are a girl who needs a LOT of attention and being a criminal just wouldn't be enough for you.

Yes, I am happy now! :D

:hugs: Kris

Jazzmine
10-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Hey it's widely acceptable now!

You can walk out your front door dressed anytime you choose. No-one will stop you!

We don't walk out that door because WE don't want the world to know the real us!!!

Hugs Jazzmine

Angie G
10-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Yes I would still dress but I would be dressing and going outside To the mailbox to the mall to the park to work and on and on :hugs:
Angie

ColleenShivas
10-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Very interesting question! If "widely accepted" meant no sigma attached, I would be dressing regularly for work. I find some aspects of female clothing extremely comfortable - panties that provide gentle support, but do not bind, ride up or put a 1" band of strong elastic around the waist; dresses that hang freely from the shoulder with little constriction at the waist. Would I add the other less comfortable items that we associate with a well-dressed woman - makeup, coiffed wig, bra and breastforms, heels ...? Sometimes, just as I would sometimes wear t-shirt, jeans and sneakers.

KatrinaAshley
10-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Maybe. It's fun to get away from things and be someone else for a few hours. Women have that luxury now, changing styles to suit their present mood. All this would do is expand our wardrobe in a similar fashion.

I think the question should be if it was widely accepted and everyone did it for as long as they can remember, would we really 'feel' different enough when dressing?

Bridget Fitzgerald
10-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Sometimes I'd dress to be practical, other times to be pretty. Kind of the way my wife does.

Charolette time
10-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Karen you didnt mention becoming a Hockey player,Charolette

Diana
10-07-2007, 10:58 PM
If crossdressing were accepted as being "normal", I would be having an absolute ball. I would be out in the stores buying all sorts of real fem attire, dresses and skirts and such. I would dress the way woman did back when I was a kid (1950's). I would wear trousers once in a while. But, I would really have fun wearing dresses and skirts of all lenghts. :happy:

Diana

Genevera
10-07-2007, 11:40 PM
I'd probably dress a little more but no real significant change in my life

erickka
10-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Sure I'd dress more. If it were accepted, it would be a much more relaxing experience for me, since I wouldn't have to constantly, in the back of my mind, keep my guard up.

Rosaliy Lynne
10-08-2007, 10:23 AM
My wife (ACCEPTING BUT DOESNT WANT TO PARTICIPATE) asked me a very interesting question the other day that has perplexed me somewhat:

What if it was okay in today's society to do what we do? Dress up/wig/makeup/whatever? Would it still excite me as much if I grew up in a culture that was okay with crossdressing? I get so excited at crossdressing opportunities like today (grey blouse, black skirt, strawberry blonde hair, heels, full makeup!! Stuck in house but en femme- tht's okay!))

Now, don't jump on me- i know many of you are fearless and don't care what others think of you anyways. But, for those of us hemmed in somewhat by society (I've only been out in public @12 times in the last five years- and i know there are so many that won't venture out)

I would not dream of jumping on you. Well, ok - maybe I would - grin - but not that way. <evil grin showing> Nut to seriously answer the question, I would dress openly anyway. About the only place I don't dress now is at work. If, on the other hand, it were socially accepted, I would even work en femme.

If it was acceptable then would it be any more fun? hmmm but then would i still love it ? ABSOLUTELY !!:happy:

I have always enjoyed the clothes, jewelry, styles. Yes it is fun but fun is not the reason I dress. I dress because this is who I am. I know it even if I can't explain it.

Still there is a certain amount of fun and thrills. Especially when you get compliments or, as once happened to me while awaiting friends, a big manly man steps up and asks if he can have his picture taken with you. That was truly thrilling as it validated the woman I was presenting as being.

K

Karen. You are a doll and a lovely woman but you are a poor liar. hahahahahahaha

Comment: I would love my closet sisters to be able to come out with the rest of us. Only when society becomes enlightened, however, will that happen.

Di
10-08-2007, 10:27 AM
I wish it was ok

Yes free to be themselves

Michelle04240
10-08-2007, 04:50 PM
I would do it more. I love women's clothes, all the choices in shoes, painted nails....:happy::happy::happy:

I'm sure I'd have my jeans and t-shirt days, but I would most definitely wear a lot more women's things and feel just as good about it.

Jamie14
10-13-2007, 02:33 PM
A crossdressing secret agent! A job i would do for free. Some very interesting replies. Having though about it, I would defintely do it more and really appreciate the freedom seeing as trips out these days are not as frequent as I wish and they sure seem to take a lot of planning. Thanks for your thoughts.........Jamie

Sinthia
10-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Knowing that the articles of clothing that I wear are meant for a woman and not a man is a major part of the reason that I crossdress. Letting my feminine feelings out every now and then keeps me in a happier mood. I do not get angry and upset as much when I can wear whatever I want whenever I want. So if it was acceptable to wear womens clothing in public whenever we wanted without people thinking that we are wierd or strange, I believe that I would still wear dresses and skirts and panties and bras. It helps me keep my sanity and happiness.

Jamie14
10-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Knowing that the articles of clothing that I wear are meant for a woman and not a man is a major part of the reason that I crossdress. Letting my feminine feelings out every now and then keeps me in a happier mood. I do not get angry and upset as much when I can wear whatever I want whenever I want. So if it was acceptable to wear womens clothing in public whenever we wanted without people thinking that we are wierd or strange, I believe that I would still wear dresses and skirts and panties and bras. It helps me keep my sanity and happiness.

I totally agree about how much better I feel after getting a chance to dress up- it takes the edge off for a while. Of course, then I get mad a couple of days later at work when I get stuck in drab seeing a beautifully dressed woman at work- so jealous- love the sound of their high heels on the flooring- wish it could be me!!!!!

Jamie14
10-14-2007, 06:13 PM

You can walk out your front door dressed anytime you choose. No-one will stop you!

We don't walk out that door because WE don't want the world to know the real us!!!

Hugs Jazzmine

The problem over here in the states for many of us is the real world is kind of a scary place- and people finding out can lead to negative consequences at work. Those of you that are free to be yourselves are the luckiest people in the world. i know you probably think I could be one of those people but it is just not tht easy- work, family, etc- it's just not tht easy to let Jamie out more than a few times a year:sad:

Meredith
10-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Amen; I would dress all the time.

I wish it was ok

Carol123
10-15-2007, 02:18 AM
Yes it would be a great relief to be seen as a female all the time .... and I would go broke buying the clothes that I love to wear

Suzie S.
10-15-2007, 04:56 AM
Yes, I would probably dress more than I do now, and get out of my closet occasoinally! :happy: Regardless though, there's still a guy under this dress, and many guy things I like to do. :heehee:

insearchofme
10-15-2007, 05:14 AM
If it were acceptable I wouldn't be on the forums right now. I'd be doing my hair and makeup getting reading for work!

Nicki B
10-15-2007, 05:24 AM
What if it was okay in today's society to do what we do? Dress up/wig/makeup/whatever? ...Would you do things differently if it was widely accepted?

I wish it was ok

You mean - it isn't? :eek:

Have you tried - or are the mental chains actually self applied? :confused:

IME, that's true. Other people don't stop you... (Except partners, who are often scared for us?)

The problem over here in the states for many of us is the real world is kind of a scary place- and people finding out can lead to negative consequences at work. Those of you that are free to be yourselves are the luckiest people in the world. i know you probably think I could be one of those people but it is just not tht easy- work, family, etc- it's just not tht easy to let Jamie out more than a few times a year:sad:

Maybe... But how can it change until the world knows a) we exist, and in numbers, and b) we're not scary freaks (well, unless we want to be)? :strugglin

faltenrock
10-15-2007, 05:52 AM
I would still dress the same way as I love to do.

Mary Morgan
10-15-2007, 06:54 AM
If dressing were widely accepted by society, then we would probably have started earlier and dressed much more often. I suppose it would like so many other things we do. When I first started driving a car it was exciting, today it is a pleasure, a necessity, but not exciting. To me, dressing would probably only be exciting when stepping out of the new "norm". But I'm willing to give it a shot. Where do I sign up? The risk is an unpleasant side-affect. I'd trade it for the risk of being out of style.

Joan Merrie
10-15-2007, 07:02 AM
24/7, I wonder what I woul look like loading a backhoe, wareing my 5in thigh highs, & short shorts?

SANDRA MICHELLE
10-15-2007, 10:03 AM
It is OK! We put the limits on ourselves with what we feel is OK and not OK. If society was more accepting than I would be en-femme 24/7/365.

Andrea_girl
10-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Same here

If it was acceptable i would be the first one out there, and I would do it as much as possible

Ðarissa
10-15-2007, 10:44 AM
A world where you can wear any item of clothing no matter what, without any gender bias is one I really would like to live in. It's crazy to think all these awesome items of clothing are supposedly for females only. Why the hell do people think we want to wear this stuff.... it's because the females get all the best stuff. LOL.

If you put the whole clothing deal in a different perspective and change clothes into food for example the idea of gender based stuff sounds really stupid... It would suck to go to a restaurant and not be allowed to order from the female menu. Imagine that, not being allowed to order spaghetti because it's 'femme'. It's ridiculous to think of being scared to order the spaghetti. OMG next time I WILL order the spaghetti and I don't care if the other people look at me like a freak!! Then you chicken out and get the dried up, rubbery men's meatloaf. YAY! I'm a man and I get the shitty meatloaf! IMHO the whole idea of having gender based clothes should fly out the window and go away forever. Heh.

I get all ranty and riled up just thinking about it and I feel that in this day and age we all should be able to wear what we want. Oh well, I guess I'm a dreamer.

Maybe I should answer the original question and stop being bitchy. LOL. I get a thrill from wearing just panties or pantyhose, let alone fully dressed and if the world was fine with me doing this, id still get a thrill but it's not just a thrill for me, it's also something I enjoy and I feel comfortable and relaxed and sometimes even a little bit... oooh I can't say. *blushes* Obviously I would still do it. I love it and only death will stop me from doing what I like.

rosethorn
10-29-2007, 09:30 PM
I think that if crossdressing were acceptable, most people would probably take it for granted in some cases. I also think that if crossdressing were acceptable, I would have a vastly enlarged wardrobe, and I'd probably need an apartment with lots more closet space to hold all of my clothing(both drab and drag). Yeah, I think that would be a lot of fun.

JazmyneCD
10-30-2007, 12:19 AM
Interesting question.

Because women can pretty much wear anything they feel like and get away with it. I wish it were the other way around, too.

Joni Beauman
10-30-2007, 12:29 AM
I'd be in a skirt or a dress but for those days mingling with the brambles (field work), or splitting wood in winter - ooh...bring out the pantaloons. Joni

Joann0830
10-30-2007, 12:41 AM
your wife is under the understanding that this is something that you get turned on with, because its forbiddin, the reality is we all get excited because we can express our True feelings of who we are deep inside. Everyone gets excited when they get fancy New Clothes and can dress to the nine, when they Go Out. Most woman when they go out buy a new outfit to make them feel Special and so they get excited over a New Outfit. Watch as they tell their friends and even show you. If it were accepted every day and every minute, in the beginning it would be a great feeling again because you can be who is inside you. And show how beautiful you can look. Long after you would still feel excited because you would be able to dress totally the way you know you should be dressed appearence wise. Most CDM (Cross Dressing Males) when dressed in male mode really dress nice but not there Best. But when in FEM Mode they really express themselves. There is a site and I am sorry I cannot remember that shows you before and after shots and You will see what I mean. The men show up looking casual then when they get dressed up WOW! We are here because we can express our true feelings, and want to Just be our true selves, did you ever see a site where men can ask questions about appearence and style. Thats the way I have looked at it. Joann:heehee::love:

Joann0830
10-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Why is it that a female can where a mans white Dress shirt, a mans Boxer shorts, a mans Jeans, a mans Boot, a mans sweatshirt, get her hair cut into a crewcut, get a job where she can wear a hard hat in mans flannel shirt and Jeans and boots and its okay. But if a man was to wear earings in both ears and I will say posts not big earings, had his nails done professionally and I am saying just manicure and clear polish and wore a silk shirt or a bright sweater
or pants ETC. He gets labeled. Someone in my class that I was instructing said but if you identify yourself as a female and I said and what about my wife wearing mens jeans, and my daughter wearing boys boxers does that constitute them identifying themselves as males. This has always been a sore subject for me as a female can wear whatever but a male cannot and is this
a subject of a mans rights being restricted and violated:2c: Sorry to all If a got on my soapbox :heehee::love: I need a drink after that:drink::love:Joann
Darissa brought up solid points also