PDA

View Full Version : Question for those girls who have had makovers

stacy1111
10-07-2007, 05:24 PM
I am thinking of going for a makeover. What did you do after your makeover? Did you go home emfem? I have never been "out" but would like to wear the makeup home! I'm just nervous...

Thanks

Sallee
10-07-2007, 05:30 PM
I have had them done before events, support group meeting etc. Getting one done is great fun. going out after, priceless. try dinner or a movie or just going to the local TG friendly bar would work, what ever you do wear it for a while you'll for sure enjoy it

jakie
10-07-2007, 05:36 PM
hi girls

you may also ask "home service". In such way no problem to be seen in public when coming back home : you will be in your closed
bye

Ashlee
10-07-2007, 06:26 PM
had my makeover, had lots of pics taken and then washed it all off, changed clothes and walked out happy that i had done it but sad that "she" was gone. this halloween though i'll be getting made up and then driving home en femme, i can't wait to experience that rush!

DanaJ
10-07-2007, 06:39 PM
I have had dozens of makeovers done at local salons. Most of the time I wash up after taking lots of pix, but once in a while I have driven home while made up. If it is dark outside, no one notices because most people are wrapped up in the own little world.

Jodi
10-07-2007, 06:46 PM
I had a professional makeover done at a Merle Norman Salon 7 years ago. I had hesitated for a long time. One day I called. When the woman answered, I asked if they had anyone who would do a male to female makeover. She replied, "sure, I do, I'm the owner. Do you want to make an appointment?" It was as easy as that. I made the appointment and went in dressed. The actual makeover was free, but you are expected to buy some of the products.

The owner, Donna, was very professional. The makeover was done in one of the chairs right in the shop. She first color matched me to get the right hue. She then tried several hues and shades of blush, shadow, eyeliner, lipstick, etc. She then showed me tips and tricks on application. The whole show lasted about an hour.

I did buy some of the products that she recommended. Actually, I dropped about $120. Merle Norman makeup is not cheap, but it is quality and worth it.

It is the best move I ever made. It gave me the confidence to start going out and about with ease.

Jodi

StacyCD
10-07-2007, 06:47 PM
I have only had four 'professional' makeovers. Three of the four times I went shopping at a mall afterwards. The other time, I went to a TG support meeting. If you look good you might as well enjoy yourself!

andreaattimes
10-08-2007, 12:02 AM
I have only had one. I had pictures taken and then changed back into "man" mode. The place I went too has a an option of going out enfemme. The owner and another person takes you out to do whatever you want. I have been thinking of it. If you are going to get a makeover and can then go out and enjoy yourself, then do it.

vivianann
10-08-2007, 12:09 AM
I had my first makeover 12 yrs ago in the morning, and I left in femme mode and stayed that way all day, and night, and have done it that way ever since.

Katelyn
10-08-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm having my first makeover done this week. Unfortunately I won't be able to go out afterwards. It's just to find my colors. I'm going in male mode, but I'm going clean shaven and also taking my wig with me. I just hope I don't charge too much on my credit card...:D

Alice B
10-08-2007, 02:11 AM
Had my make over, photo session and then drove home dressed and felt great. It was almost a 3 hour drive and stayed dressed through the night and most of the next morning until I had to shower and change. Will repeat soon.

Tamera
10-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Hi Stacy,
Whenever I or myself had our makeovers done we were in FEM. We had to wash the makeup off we had on of course before the makeover and then they applied the new.

If you wear tinted glasses to where its hard to see your eyes you could probably get away with just using facial makeup.

Me and the girls had our makeovers done in the morning or early afternoon so we could wear our new face ALL DAY, or even to the CLUB at night.

Of course this would depend on how fast your hair growth comes in.

Have Fun,
Hugs,
Tamera

Mitch23
10-08-2007, 11:32 AM
had mine done in store in full public view. She did one half, i was encouraged to copy by doing the other half. went shopping, then home and tried to practice till i got it right

mitch

CamillaCD
10-08-2007, 02:46 PM
I have had two makeovers. The first one was for learning purposes. It was done in a salon, in plain view of other customers. No comments from any of them. I didn't use the result as it was right after work and I had no plans.

The second time was a few weeks ago at a TG event (party :D). This time it was mainly me being lazy. Anyway, not much beats the feeling of being pampered :happy:. GGs like it, so why shouldn't we too ?

trannie T
10-08-2007, 03:19 PM
I love having my makeup done. I've gone to beauty colleges and had the students do the work. It is great fun, sometimes they put me an a secluded area, sometimes with other customers. The girls enjoy doing it and the other customers find it entertaining. I love being fussed over by the students. I always go out after my makeovers, to parties, clubs or to a support group.

shauna 9
10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Had my make over, photo session and then drove home dressed and felt great.

Mirani
10-12-2007, 05:11 PM
I am a MAC fan .. £20 for a makeover but they take it off of any purchases. Then I always meet a friend and go for a meal.

Some times my friend (GG) also has a makeover .. its more fun to do it together.

SherriePall
10-12-2007, 05:49 PM
My first one was done in the back room of a make-up store. After I walked out into the front (no one else there) and then went and got changed into drab (after pics, of course).
My second one was in the same store with a different girl. I sat out front on one of the chairs. Took forever because it was a day or two after a buy some stuff and get more free promotion started. People constantly in and out. Talk about feeling that all eyes are on you. After I drove to my pedicurist and a couple of other places before I went back to change into the dreaded male.
My third was at my pedicurist after a pedicure. I went in there dressed and left dressed for shopping, etc.
Make-overs are fun and informative.

CarrieAnneEvers
10-12-2007, 05:51 PM
I recommend MAC. They are very TG friendly and many of their stores have a room in the back for doing makeovers. It's expensive but worth it.

Jamie14
10-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Probably 5 or 6 professional makeovers. Each one different and equally exilirating. The last one turned out the best ever! If you're going to pay to get made up, the least you should do is do a little shopping- Lane Bryant, etc is always a safe spot. Find a safe historic part of town for a early evening walk etc. Then, you'll get more comfortable and challenge yourself to try new things. I get really psyched up and almost chicken out on my plans- and then I always push through and say- what the heck. Finding a GG to hang out with or meet up with you right after the salon can build a lot of confidence also- better safe with a friend. I've only been out 1 time without one of my GG's with me.

Sally24
10-13-2007, 02:52 PM
After my first makeover I went out to lunch with my wife, she did almost all the talking. Then we went to a quiet place by the Charles River and took pictures of me for awhile. That was 2 years ago.

This last makeover at MAC was even more fun. I arrived fully dressed, had a super time with my tech, and then went out with a T-girl group dancing in Boston.http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65648

Life has changed alot for me in the last few years, to say the least! There is hope that things will get better for you as time goes on. I am just one of the many examples here.

TxKimberly
10-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I've had two - my first was from Jamie Austin in Boston and the second was from Jon Davis in Austin. I was THRILLED with both and went out both nights! It depends on how confident YOU feel when you are done. If you look in the mirror and see a woman looking back at you, take advantage and go do something - ANYTHING! Go for a drive, go see a movie, go shopping, go for a walk. Do anything besides throwing away the makeover, washing it off, and going home depressed.
Give us some clue what city you live by and we might even be able to help you come up with a "friendly" place to go out.

Richelle
10-13-2007, 06:35 PM
I have had a number of make overs at the comsmetic counters over the year at the local malls. After which I would go shopping. :happy: My aviatar is from Gloumer shots. First, they did the make over and then a photo shoot. It was a blast.

Megan70
10-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Thats the thing that concerns me. I am in no financial position to pay hundreds of dollars for outrageously overpriced makeup thatis triple in cost what yu can get at the drug stores. All our major department stores here have the big three counters with technicians and makeup artists. Clinque', Lancome, Este Lauder, and others, but I will not waste a young girls time and hopes of a commision for a future sale if I just take the makeover, get out of the chair after all that work , say nothing of taking advantage of a free deal. I'll stick with my big 4: Maybellinbe, Max Faxtor, Revlon, and Lancome...thank you.
So girls do you always buy something when she's done?

Megan70 :rolleyes:

VanTG
10-16-2007, 09:26 PM
I am actually having a makeover done this weekend, I am renting a motel room for the night and having the makeover done in the early afternoon so I can experiance the fun all day and night. Although I am still a little nervous about it.

Daphne Renee
10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
I really want to have a makeover.. I just cant really afford it. also I dont know if I have the nerve to go to a makeup counter to get a makeover. I have bought makeup at the counter a few times but never a makover.

RobertaFermina
10-17-2007, 02:53 PM
After my first makeover, I lingered at Carla's (Transform) Salon, then went home. The next day I did my own face with makeup and techniqes I bought and learned from Carla.

The second time, I went out on the town with a few girls from TGSF.

I spent only a bit at Carla's, buying beard cover and a "Jessica" brunette wig.

I spent a bunch on MAC Cosmetics the second makeover. I use the makup alot. Worth it to me.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Sheri 4242
10-17-2007, 03:46 PM
My last one was THE best ever! When my wife and I were in Las Vegas for our "wedding" ceremony (technically a vow renewal) where I was the bride, the chapel hired a professional to do my makeup and hair (it was part of the package we chose). From what we later learned, the man that did my makeup is very well known on the strip for his abilities and has been doing makeup and hair for stars and cast of a number of Vegas shows for the last 15 years. When we were planning our special event, I had asked my wife if she wanted to arrange for her makeup and hair to be done, too, but she had declined. While the man was doing my makeup, my wife was absolutely awestruck -- both by his talent and the results that transformed me. When I finally got to look in the mirror, I was awestruck as well -- the guy did an incredible job!!! Three things: (1.) He used nothing but MAC cosmetics; (2.) He had an airbrush for the final covering of foundation -- don't know what one of those machines costs, but it does a great job; (3.) He spent an hour just on my eyes -- my wife agrees with me that this was the most significant single element as the eyes are both a window to the soul and very telling of your personna. After the service and professional photos, I didn't want to change!!! My wife took a number of pictures later, then we went out to eat at Smith and Wollenski. By far, it was the best makeup I have ever worn -- I just wish we had arranged for some other professional photos after we left the chapel -- "glamor" type in several of my favorite skirts/tops and dresses.

I am in no financial position to pay hundreds of dollars for outrageously overpriced makeup thatis triple in cost what yu can get at the drug stores.

Sometimes it is worth it to pay a little extra -- well, it depends on what you are buying. I'd pay extra for MAC eyeshadows any day over anything from a drug store. (Especially if you wear contacts . . . you might want to try this b/c many of the products carried in drug stores and places like K-Mart and Walmart, even with major brand names, are not the same quality as a product like MAC, or their own sister brands carried in a quality department store. Not only do MAC eyeshadows wear better, there is less of a chance of getting allergic conjunctivitis.) That said, you do need to be careful -- cosmetic counters in department stores can run up a bill in nothing flat. (Ask my wife about getting carried away at a Lancome counter!!! Oh well -- gonna let that lie -- *sigh* :D )

Had my make-up done by a Mary Kay rep. Actually, I did most of it with her instruction.

For most people, that is the best way to learn to do it yourself! There is a SA at one of the MAC counters in Las Vegas that has said she will do the same with me on a future trip.

I recommend MAC. They are very TG friendly . . .

You can say that again, and again, and again!!! I've only been to one MAC counter (sorry MAC-Savannah) where the SA didn't have a great attitude -- but I'll give that SA the benefit of one doubt b/c they did seem under-staffed and over-worked that day. Every other time I have been to any MAC counter anywhere, the SA's have been absolutely fantastic!!! Thus far, Macon & Atlanta, Georgia, and Las Vegas, and several in Florida are at the top of my list!!! The MAC counter in Macon rivalled Las Vegas in being the most accepting. I was en drab one day in Macon Mall but told the MAC SA I needed some concealer and foundation for me. She tells me she admires anyone who can truly be themselves -- then asks if I mind if she tries something on me. I said go ahead -- and she gets a foundation she thought might better fill my need than what I had been using. I thought she was just going to put a small dab on to compare with my natural skin tones. Next thing I know, though, she has applied it quickly and professionally to my entire face, neck, and ears, then hands me a mirror and asks what I think. Wow!!! What an eye for tints and hues this SA had -- and what a great job at application!!!

Dianne12
10-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Reading all of the replys here, I am convinced to find the closest MAC store and go for it!

CassieJ
10-17-2007, 06:42 PM
My wife and I were at the MAC store last weekend and asked for some concealer for me. The SA looked at my skin and appled some to my left cheek. My wife said it looked good so we bought it. Looked great when she made me up Sunday night. I am just too chicken to have a makeover done in the store. I know way to many people that shop at that mall.

Sometimes I wish I had a job that 'coming out' about my CD would have no affect. I can't wait to go to Vegas or New Orleans when I don't know anyone and feel more comfortable trying this.

Cassie