PDA

View Full Version : little black dress

ubokvt
10-07-2007, 09:56 PM
In the past, I have read several threads on borrowing you SO's clothes, well this weekend I had a strange twist on this story. My SO and I were invited to a wedding. My SO is very close to the groom's mother and want to look very good for the occasion. She spent the week going through her closet looking for just the right dress, and settled on a rather plain black dress. She spent the next two days trying to get the right accessories for her outfit, but when all was said and done, she still felt she hadn't got it quite right, no matter my input. Well, the day before the wedding, I come home from work, and she comes out of the bedroom and says she has just found the perfect dress in our closet. I look, and its that special little black dress I bought for me to wear to the next social. It did look great on her, but it was my dress, and I hadn't even had a chance to wear it. I tell her it is mine and she replies, The dress is perfect for her, it fits great, and would I mind if she wore it to the wedding. What could I do, It did look great on her, so I said ok. So the next day we go to the wedding, and she goes all out and god did she look good. We get to the wedding and everyone is commenting on her dress and how good she looks. At the reception she is the belle of the ball, dancing and partying till they turned the light off, looking fantastic the whole time. And me! I was so envious! She was doing everything I wanted to do, and she was doing it in my dress, the one I been saving me. MY DRESS Even though we had had a great time, and I love her to death, I did feel a loss and in some way the dress doesn't feel as special now. Having read those earlier threads I thought I understood the feelings expressed, but having lived it, having felt it for myself, I can say I didn't really understand, and I can't explain it to those that haven't felt it. I was my dress and it was special:sad:

Charolette time
10-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Solution,:D one of you have to put on some lbs then you wont have that problem:devil:and tell the so she owes you a new one, :hugs:Charolette

Wenda
10-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Get over it! If you read most of the posts here, most of the girls would kill to be in your situation!
It is YOUR dress, YOUR SO, and she knows she borrowed the dress from you. Holly Crap Catwoman! that is as GOOD as it gets! Your Dress was a star, and will come back to you with all of those positve vibrations and memories!!!!
Ask her to help you wear the dress the way she did when she was 'the belle of the ball'. Try to capture some of the magic that she found in YOur dress. Go Girl. w.

Claire3
10-08-2007, 02:01 AM
My ex borrowed one of my tops to go out clubbing.wow,soo flattered.Still proud of it.Cant help it if ive got great taste:hugs:

Alice B
10-08-2007, 02:03 AM
That was not a loss, but as gain. Be very happy with it.

Taffy
10-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Get her one of her own, a matching one...

Deborah Jane
10-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Get over it! If you read most of the posts here, most of the girls would kill to be in your situation!
It is YOUR dress, YOUR SO, and she knows she borrowed the dress from you. Holly Crap Catwoman! that is as GOOD as it gets! Your Dress was a star, and will come back to you with all of those positve vibrations and memories!!!!
Ask her to help you wear the dress the way she did when she was 'the belle of the ball'. Try to capture some of the magic that she found in YOur dress. Go Girl. w.

I agree..I,d love that to happen to me..You are so lucky!!

CDBarbie
10-08-2007, 01:55 PM
I simply must agree with Wenda. Count your lucky stars. I do understand, you bought the dress for your special occasion, but if your wife loved it that much, then you obviously have great taste and an amazing opportunity to truly share something special with her when you wear the dress to your next social. Wear it with the same enthusiasm and pride as she did, and have a truly special night..

Mitch23
10-08-2007, 02:06 PM
I would be so happy if that happened to me - it must be the ultimate acceptance by an SO - sadly we are very, very far from it in this household. I'm not even allowed to have my clothes in the house, I have to 'hide' them with a friend. In fact my wife refuses to admit to herself that i even have clothes, let alone wear them .... think yourself lucky

Mitch

Katelyn
10-08-2007, 02:16 PM
One time My ex-gf loved a dress so much that we saw at the store, I decided to buy each of us one. That solved the problem of her ever taking my dress. Also, I was a size smaller.

trannie T
10-08-2007, 02:27 PM
You have a great dress.
You have a great wife.
Your problem is what?

Melinda G
10-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Just a minute here, while I tune up my violin.:D

I'll lend you my little black dress.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7145/hal1pc8.jpg

JulieC
10-08-2007, 05:20 PM
In the past, I have read several threads on borrowing you SO's clothes, well this weekend I had a strange twist on this story. My SO and I were invited to a wedding. My SO is very close to the groom's mother and want to look very good for the occasion. [...] I thought I understood the feelings expressed, but having lived it, having felt it for myself, I can say I didn't really understand, and I can't explain it to those that haven't felt it. I was my dress and it was special:sad:

On the one hand, I can understand your feelings. It also does lend a great deal of insight into how women feel when we wear their clothes without permission (though of course in this case she had your grudging permission).

That said, I tend to agree with most of the people above. This is really a minor thing on the negative scale, and a biggie on the positive scale. My wife has pilfered one item of my femme clothes (plus various pantyhose), and I'm *happy* she has. Take this as a positive. There's quite a number of women who would be very offended at the idea of wearing their husband's dress.

One potential flip side to this; this could grow into the two of you regularly sharing each other's clothes! How wonderful that would be!

Andrea_girl
10-08-2007, 05:22 PM
A dress is not just for christmas!!

Girls share dresses and other girly stuff

Di
10-08-2007, 06:31 PM
I can understand you being envious.....but when you wear it to your social no one will know the dress has made its debut....count your blessings........you have an awesome dress....and an awesome wife:D

Staci
10-08-2007, 09:00 PM
You are a lucky girl to have that happen. If my wife borrowed one of my dresses she would look pretty funny. She wears about an 8 and I wear a 20. I whould be honored to have my wife ask to wear something of mine. I seem to remember she borrowed one of my women's watches once but that is it.

Glenda58
10-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Now you know how she feels when you wear her cloths.

switcheralso
10-09-2007, 06:06 AM
I would feel good if my wife wore my clothing...I did start wearing her clothing first...

Jill
10-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Enjoy the fact that she loves your dress, looked great in it and had a good time in it. Just relax and enjoy it. You didn't wear it to the wedding, you chose not to so let someone else enjoy it. Just have fun with it! If it were me, I'd be even more anxious to wear it later and feel glad that I had it.

jarts55
10-10-2007, 02:09 PM
If that happen to me I would feel that I was the luckies person on earth. Be thankful for what you have. A dress is a dress, but a wife like her is a treasure.

Joanboy2001
10-10-2007, 02:23 PM
I don't have a little black dress, but I agree that your one lucky duck

Joan

Michelia
10-10-2007, 02:31 PM
But this one I do not get. Why would your dress lose its enchanment if your wife wears it?

Michelia

RobertaFermina
10-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Whether anyone understands you or not, its the same deal...they'd have to live your life to get it.

So what if you feel sad over a "high class problem" ? Sad is sad.

Normally, sadness is about loss.

What I see you lost: the feeling that the dress belonged to you. Someone else wore it to an occasion before you. It'll never be the same as wearing a "virgin" dress, when you finally wear it.

I hope joy over your connection with your wife through this dress makes up, in some way, for what you have lost.

:hugs:

:rose: Roberta :rose:

krisinpink
10-10-2007, 07:43 PM
I offer my girl stuff from my closet and jewelery box all the time. I feel especially great when she finds something she can wear!

Dragster
10-10-2007, 07:56 PM
I feel a certain happiness, a warm glow and a closeness to my wife when I wear her clothes (no, she doesn't know). I would be overjoyed to think she might feel the same when she wore mine. It would show that she accepted me at last. Sadly, I doubt that it will ever happen!

Tony

Sally24
10-10-2007, 08:52 PM
She has stored a beautiful memory of a great day in your dress. Think of that when you wear it. Also, girls do share their things with their friends. They want them to be happy, maybe even more than they want themselves to be happy. That is a more female way of looking at the world. Try that on for size and see if it fits your soul.

If not......forget all that rubish and go out and buy yourself a gorgeous cocktail dress!

Stephenie S
10-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Dear Ubok,

I thought you might get some posts like you did. But you ended up gettin' a lot more than I thought you would. You do have an enviable situation, you know. And it is nice to share.

But . . . . it WAS your dress.

I think this illustrates how some GGs must feel when we invade their closets, especially without their permision. That's something to think about.

You do have a great wife, you know. Now we all know it too. And you have a great dress. Now we all know THAT too.

Lovies,
Stephenie