PDA

View Full Version : Where did you get that cute dress??

leliani
10-07-2007, 10:54 PM
I was shopping in the mall the other day, and saw an attractive women wearing a REALLY CUTE dress! I so badly wanted to try it on, but I didn't know how on earth to ask where she got it from.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them? If you have ever wanted to ask a genetic GG where she got that cute dress / sexy shoes...or whatever. Then I was also wondering how it was you asked...and what kind of a response you recieved...

~leliani~

angelfire
10-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I think we all know the feeling of wanting to know. I've thought the exact same thing, like sitting there on the bus, a girl gets on, and I wonder where she got the top.

AllieSF
10-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I have asked before about the clothes, jewelry and perfume that GGs have worn. Never had a problem and I think that most of them were happy that I asked. How to ask? Just say, "Excuse me miss, but I couldn't help noticing how cute your dress is and I just wanted to compliment you on it and, if you don't mind, ask where you purchased it." Then, just go with the flow. Good luck.

Billijo49504
10-07-2007, 11:23 PM
That sounds like it should work very well. Give it a try, next time...BJ

Leah B
10-07-2007, 11:39 PM
I work at a register sometimes in a store and an area that's teeming with young women. This gives me plenty of opportunities to small talk, and I'll sometimes comment on an article, and more rarely ask where it was acquired (Usual answer: somewhere out of state). Usually, people are glad to hear the compliment, and happy people tend not to react defensively.

I've also gotten better responses when I've used more feminine adjectives to describe things. The neutral "I like your bag" gets a noncomittal thanks (unless a person is itching for compliments). The femmy "Your outfit is way cute" gets big smiles, which surprised me when I first tried it out. I thought I'd come off as creepy. Maybe I come off as gay (or trans?) and am thus less threatening?

Guys tend to give me strange looks if I complimnent (though they'll usually thank anyway), although the "That's a cool t-shirt" usually goes over well, following up with a "where did you get it" seems to quell homophobia, because then my motivation seems less gay.

I don't really care though. If I like something, I generally say so, unless there's no opportunity without being awkward.

Delila
10-08-2007, 12:23 AM
I walked up to a woman once and said my wife has been looking for those shoes everywhere where did you find them. She was very nice and told me where to find them shortly there after I went and got them for my self.

Wenda
10-08-2007, 01:13 AM
I have asked before about the clothes, jewelry and perfume that GGs have worn. Never had a problem and I think that most of them were happy that I asked. .
I agree! The flip side? " Hey, new hair?" "Yes!" "NIce" ...."..too bad he (Hubby) didn't notice..." Yikes!
Think about it... Girls have the most awesome choice of shoes, tops, hair, etc, etc, etc. So, they agonize over all these great choices, make their selection, pay the money, and then make the commitment to wear it.... and NO ONE SAYS A THING/! Well, hello, how frustrating can that be?
You can't come on too strong or femmey, but I have NEVER had a negative reaction to a legitimate compliment to a woman on something she was wearing, and I notice ALL women's clothing, shoes and hair, and compliment them on great choices often.:D:hugs:>>especially anything in leather....or sandals with knee high straps.. or vinyl.. ... never mind... just be nice... wenda.

Alice B
10-08-2007, 02:08 AM
Nothing asked - nothing gained. The act of asking is a compliment.:happy:

Patricia Danielle
10-08-2007, 05:08 AM
Yes by all means tell them they look nice and ask them about it, always worked for me!! Patricia..