PDA

View Full Version : Not so new but new for me/telling children

Kelli Taylor
10-08-2007, 12:29 AM
I partially came out, if that makes any sense, to my two daughters the other night. Stayed up until 2 am explaining to the best of my ability about some of the things that go with being a cd. did not explain though the fact that i go out dressed among other things. so far so good , they still call me daddy and they say they still LOVE me. so that's good. I will if you all would like I'll keep you informed of any updates. By the way they are 14 & 11. I've always held the belief that if they asked for whatever reason that I would be as honest as I could, considering their age. cross your fingers.

Delila
10-08-2007, 12:30 AM
One of the biggest concerns that I have had is how children respond. It would be great if you could keep us up to date. And congratulations on your courage to come out.

Wenda
10-08-2007, 01:21 AM
My kids were older when I rediscovered dressing and came out. As long as you don't stray into anything really deviant or mutant, I would expect that your kids will likely not be overly stressed. "Normal" is about three standard deviations wider than it was twenty years ago. At 14, your daughter probably has classmates who wear items of clothing from the opposite gender, unless her school is very strict.
As long as you keep it positive and passive, I think it should work out.
All the best, wenda.

Kelli Taylor
10-09-2007, 06:47 AM
So far so good, everyone is still in good spirits. Not much has been said since THE night I came out to my girls. But I have noticed from my younger daughter that she has become a little closer, maybe it's just me but it seems that way. Anyways, I will stop rambling. TaTa

kelli

uknowhoo
10-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Congrats Kelli :cheer: I'm glad it's gone well so far, and hope that continues! xoxo Tammi

Joann0830
10-09-2007, 07:33 AM
I just explained to someone else that when it comes time just tell them how long you have had these feelings and how long you kept this secret because you could not talk to anyone. I have had my feelings since I was around 6.
This also opens up a door between you and your children that there is nothing that they cannot talk to you about, and you explained to them because you have that much trust in them. I really think you did a great thing by what you did, Please also explain that this makes you a better person because you do not judge people but accept them for who they are.
The reason for the rest of my post is they sometimes talk to each other and maybe come back with more questions. At 59 and widowed since 2001 I feel
that I had accomplished my goal with my girls and I do get many compliments about how I raised them. Joann
My Heart and Prayers are with you and your family

Chari
10-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Good for you Kelli ! Coming out to anyone takes courage, but it's alot more difficult telling family about your CDing. Now that they know - always be there for them!
hugs2U, Chari

Kelli Taylor
10-14-2007, 12:59 AM
thanks for all of the support girls. you always seem to make someones day a little brighter.
kelli:love:

Deborah Jane
10-14-2007, 03:34 AM
Congrats Kelli..I came out to my 15 year old daughter a few months ago and we,ve become much closer since...She even lives with me now!!