PDA

View Full Version : Came out.

vivianann
10-08-2007, 03:52 AM
I came out to an old friend today, I stopped over at his house while I was wearing a floral print dress, and nylons and a wig and makup. I was a bit nervous when I rang the door bell, it took awhile for him to get to the door, because he is 87 yrs old. He answered the door and looked at me with a who are you look. I then hi I am (male name) and then the look went to shocked. after he regained his composure, he then said come in. first thing he said is, I hope you are not gay, I reassured him that I was not gay, and he said good, I wont ask you to leave, have a seat I am curious why you are wearing a dress. I told him why, and he undertood. then he asked if I got my plumbing changed yet I said no, then he asked are you going to, I told him no. I did tell him that I was going to get facial feminization surgury. He then started grinning then laughing a little, then he said I am not laughing at you, then he said I am glad you are here wearing a dress, because it brings back memories of when his mother put him in dresses til he was 6 or7 years old, he said those memories are flooding in his mind and it seems like it was yesterday, then he said I loved the feeling of wearing those dresses, then he said I understand why you wear dresses, they feel wonderful. After talking a while he said you make a beautiful woman, and then told me I had beautiful legs. He also complimented my hair. Then he asked me if I would go to dinner as his daughter, so he can introduce me as his daughter to his favorite waitress. I thought about it for a moment and then said yes. He then said you made my day. so we went out to dinner, he introduced me to the waitress as his new daughter, the waitress was very encouraging and sweet,:hugs: then hugged me, then told me I was pretty, my friend was on cloud nine. All went well this evening, we talked for an hr after we got back to his house, when I was leaving to go home, he asked me to come over more often, then you are more than welcome to come over dressed as a woman. I had a wonderful day and evening.:D I am glad he was understanding.

Kris
10-08-2007, 06:31 AM
I came out to an old friend today, I stopped over at his house while I was wearing a floral print dress, and nylons and a wig and makup. I was a bit nervous when I rang the door bell, it took awhile for him to get to the door, because he is 87 yrs old. He answered the door and looked at me with a who are you look. I then hi I am (male name) and then the look went to shocked. after he regained his composure, he then said come in. first thing he said is, I hope you are not gay, I reassured him that I was not gay, and he said good, I wont ask you to leave, have a seat I am curious why you are wearing a dress. I told him why, and he undertood. then he asked if I got my plumbing changed yet I said no, then he asked are you going to, I told him no. I did tell him that I was going to get facial feminization surgury. He then started grinning then laughing a little, then he said I am not laughing at you, then he said I am glad you are here wearing a dress, because it brings back memories of when his mother put him in dresses til he was 6 or7 years old, he said those memories are flooding in his mind and it seems like it was yesterday, then he said I loved the feeling of wearing those dresses, then he said I understand why you wear dresses, they feel wonderful. After talking a while he said you make a beautiful woman, and then told me I had beautiful legs. He also complimented my hair. Then he asked me if I would go to dinner as his daughter, so he can introduce me as his daughter to his favorite waitress. I thought about it for a moment and then said yes. He then said you made my day. so we went out to dinner, he introduced me to the waitress as his new daughter, the waitress was very encouraging and sweet,:hugs: then hugged me, then told me I was pretty, my friend was on cloud nine. All went well this evening, we talked for an hr after we got back to his house, when I was leaving to go home, he asked me to come over more often, then you are more than welcome to come over dressed as a woman. I had a wonderful day and evening.:D I am glad he was understanding.

I am so glad you had a nice evening, and how wild is it that his mother dressed him when he was a child.

I wonder though why he wanted you to go as his daughter... why not his hot chick new girlfriend? :heehee:

:hugs: Kris

Christine Kelly
10-08-2007, 06:59 AM
What a beautiful story!:happy:

Emily Ann Brown
10-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Nothings but hugs and congrats from me....way to go !

Emily Ann

Gisele
10-08-2007, 07:39 AM
That is such a sweet story. I am very happy for you.

Franki Kate
10-08-2007, 08:48 AM
What a great time of sharing. I am sure you both are very comfortable and will have numerous outting , later. He sounds like a very great friend to have. Is it not wonderful to find that some of our fears about friends and society are not well founded?

Dixie
10-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Wow Viv that's great!!

Dawn D.
10-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Just curious Vivian, what prompted you to come out to this friend? Was it a whim or was it something else? I'm not being critical of your decision, I'm just really curious as to why? Also, glad to here you had a really good time!

Dawn

Wenda
10-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Just curious Vivian, what prompted you to come out to this friend? Was it a whim or was it something else? I'm not being critical of your decision, I'm just really curious as to why? Also, glad to here you had a really good time!

Dawn

I am also curious, lots of questions: have you come out to other friends, is he a lot older than you, etc. Please let us in on the rest of the story. thanks, btw, great story. So glad it worked out. If you had put him into cardiac arrest, what would you have done? w.

CamillaCD
10-08-2007, 02:54 PM
That was a new and wonderful twist to coming out, I love your story!

Julie York
10-08-2007, 03:15 PM
87 years old?

You could have given him a heart attack! :eek:.

KNOCK KNOCK:

"Who are you?"

"It's ME!.......I'm xxxx."

"Oh............HearArrrrgh!!!!!"

:D

Kate Simmons
10-08-2007, 05:58 PM
I just hope I'm still that cool when I'm an old guy by cracky.:happy:

crunchysoda
10-08-2007, 06:17 PM
That's an interesting story, I am happy for you. It's unfortunate he cared so much about you being gay or not. If you were he probably wouldnt have been so accepting. He was accepting of you because he related to you.

Joy Carter
10-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I hope this don't mean that you are no longer interested in old cars. :heehee:

vivianann
10-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I am so glad you had a nice evening, and how wild is it that his mother dressed him when he was a child.

I wonder though why he wanted you to go as his daughter... why not his hot chick new girlfriend? :heehee:

:hugs: Kris

I prefer to go as his daughter, I would be uncomfortable to go as an old mans girlfriend. I am not going to ask why.

janet1234
10-08-2007, 08:18 PM
really fun, but did the waitress make you?

vivianann
10-08-2007, 08:42 PM
I dont know what prompted me, but I had a feeling that it would be alright, and I did it on a whim, I happened to be in the neighborhood, and was driving by his place, and decided to stop at that moment. I sat in my car for about 5 minutes before I got out and went to the door.

Dawn

I am also curious, lots of questions: have you come out to other friends, is he a lot older than you, etc. Please let us in on the rest of the story. thanks, btw, great story. So glad it worked out. If you had put him into cardiac arrest, what would you have done? w.
Yes I have been coming out to other friends recently. 2. He is 40 years older than me, I have known him about 25 years. we have restored cars together, and prospected for gold in the mountains. 3. that would have been scarry if he would have had an heart attack.

87 years old?

You could have given him a heart attack! :eek:.

KNOCK KNOCK:

"Who are you?"

"It's ME!.......I'm xxxx."

"Oh............HearArrrrgh!!!!!"

I am glad he has a strong heart, I would have been devastated if I would have caused him a heart attack.

[QUOTE=alarmclockgirl GG;1035212]That's an interesting story, I am happy for you. It's unfortunate he cared so much about you being gay or not. If you were he probably wouldnt have been so accepting. He was accepting of you because he related to you.
I do not have a problem with his concern about the gay issue. because I am not gay, I love women with a passion.

I hope this don't mean that you are no longer interested in old cars. :heehee:
Thanks for your concern about my car hobby. I cannot give up my car hobby.
I am probably the only crossdresser that owns a 69 Dodge Charger General Lee.

sterling12
10-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Congratulations! For you and your friend. I think you both took a nice leap over another of life's hurdles.

Have fun at dinner! How about an "action report?"

Peace and Love, Joanie

uknowhoo
10-08-2007, 10:29 PM
What a lovely story, Viv. :hugs: I'm glad it worked out so well for you. xoxo Tammi

vivianann
10-09-2007, 12:30 AM
really fun, but did the waitress make you?

I could not tell, if she did, she did not let on, and there was not a parade of wait staff coming by the table to get a look, it went very well and like I said earlier, the waitress was very sweet. She had to know, because I dont pass that well, I will find out I am sure, because he wants to take me there again.

Joann0830
10-09-2007, 02:27 AM
The Story is Fabulous and I have to say that your kind thoughts and your composure to be able to share with a friend like that was Grand. It was really funny how he was able to share with you, I will bet, something that he had hidden in the back of his mind about his past, that he never told anyone. I will also bet he felt great talking about it with someone like yourself who he felt comfortable with and that could truly understand. As far as going as his daughter with him to dinner, That topped it off as maybe he does not have children or he does not have children who really visit him at all. The Great thing is that he had company, and you should be commended.

I always said that we are Special People, because this feeling that we have makes us a better person and teaches us not to judge anyone as we do not want us, to be be judged by anyone, but assist us in enjoying life and understanding others and the feelings of others and you did prove it in what You Did. :love: Joann

JoAnnDallas
10-09-2007, 10:54 AM
His reply that his mother used to dress him in dresses until he was 6, was normal when he was going up. Up till WWII, many boys until the age of 6, would be dressed by their mothers in dresses and knickers. I have seen many references to this style of upbringing in boys.

Christie ann
10-09-2007, 11:16 AM
That is such a cool story. To be accepted by an old friend and then out to lunch...in public. I can only hope my friends are that kind.

BarbaraTalbot
10-09-2007, 11:30 AM
His reply that his mother used to dress him in dresses until he was 6, was normal when he was going up. Up till WWII, many boys until the age of 6, would be dressed by their mothers in dresses and knickers. I have seen many references to this style of upbringing in boys.

My dad is 70 now. He is very embarrassed by early photos of himself in long dressing gowns with his long curly blond hair. He was a very adored late in life baby with two sisters that were teenagers when he was born. His mom didn't give him his first haircut until he was at least 5.

Kind of a fun story about telling your friend.

vivianann
10-10-2007, 11:36 PM
thank you for all your kind words and encouragement, and I like what joann has posted that we a special peaple, that 87 yr old man that I came out to has children all boys, and he told me he always wanted a daughter, and that I can be the daughter that he never had, that meant alot to me. I have always loved the older generation of men and women, because I always know where I stand with them, and they have always been kind to me, and I enjoy their life story from their early years.

Eugenie
10-11-2007, 07:23 AM
This was a great move that lead to a great feeling of friendship.

I wish I had as much courage as you had. A few month ago, my best friend and his wife rang at the bell of my flat on a Sunday morning. I was "en femme", fortunately without too much makeup, just some lipstick...

I answered the interphone and told them that I wasn't dressed, that they could come up and make themselves comfortable while I was puting on some clothes... As I was saying that I thought that I could make my coming out with them... But at the last moment, I chikened out... I quickly cleaned the lipstick on my mouth, and put on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt...

I still feel sorry that I didn't take that opportunity to come out to them...

I hope that I will have the guts to do it the next time they will come again...

Congratulations to you and I admire your friend for his oppenness.
:hugs:
Eugenie

Teresa Amina
10-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Very cool story, just need some pictures of you two now :happy:

Annesah
10-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Vivi; Thank you dear. Your thread and posts have made my day! :love:
Annie

charlie
10-11-2007, 07:02 PM

What a wonderful story Vivian! You must truly look great and passable! It was sweet that he wanted to introduce you as his daughter!

vivianann
10-14-2007, 11:54 PM
I dont think I pass that well, but I know that some peaple do not read me, but alot do.

docrobbysherry
10-15-2007, 12:08 AM
And they all lived happily ever after, the end! Or maybe, just the beginning?
RS