PDA

View Full Version : Why is crossdressing important to you?

Kate Simmons
10-08-2007, 03:59 AM
I totally realize we are all different. We are all unique human beings and we all have different motivations for doing different things. When it comes to crossdressing, we may not understand our motivation and may never really understand it fully but we have a need to do it even though society in general does not accept it and it can cause relationship and family problems. Why is it so important to us that we sometimes seem to risk everything to pursue it?

I've looked at my own CD "career" in my life and being honest with myself have come up with three basic stages I went through.:

1. Wanting to look and feel pretty and wanting to feel special.

2. Wanting to express those feelings by mixing with others in
this way(shopping, TG groups, clubbing, etc.).

3. Getting in touch with those deep feelings, accepting myself and
in the process gaining new respect for others and overall being
more accepting and tolerant of other people, regardless of who
they are.

I understand that sometimes feelings are hard to put into words but those are mine. Also, some of us just do it simply because we can. So, why is it important to you?

This question is mainly directed to male to female CD's but any TG person is welcome to answer.:happy:

Marla S
10-08-2007, 04:13 AM
Well, hard to tell what it has been in the past.

In general I'd say it's a cultural thing.
Typical masculine culture always was and is a bit annoying to me. I didn't really feel comfortable with it. So, I guess I tried/try to get a piece of the feminine culture which just seems to fit more to my personality (not too many other options:heehee:).
If you feel to be or want to be part of a culture, you will show it by your appearance, what I try to do.

Other than that, I don't like what I see in male mode, but it gets much better with a touch of feminine appearance.
I see something in the mirror I like, though it's far from being perfect.

Yes, it's important because I like what I see and what I see is closer to what I feel like than what I see in male mode.
In male mode I see some kind of a stranger.
A feminine appearance makes it more easy to deal with myself.

Patricia Danielle
10-08-2007, 05:14 AM
Salandar number 3 pretty well somes it up for me too, but I've always been an open minded person and pretty well except people at face value.. Patricia..

erickka
10-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Sal, #3 for me also. I also dress to the nines as a way to separate myself from all the stress which my male side is dealing with.It is very relaxing to me to slip into something soft, silky, and sexy.

eleventhdr
10-08-2007, 07:13 AM
The desires never really do go away ever if and when you are one of us then yuou do realize that the very desire to become a girl is never go to go away it is there with you always and anyway the thinking that there is something very wrong with wanting to be wha you really are is what is wrong to be and or become what you are really suppose to be how can this be wrong ever.

Oh well!

Suzy Ann!

Wendy me
10-08-2007, 07:16 AM
it let's me express a whole different person than my "him" side ... my crossdressing includes all the clothes and make up shoes and every thing that goes along with .... but the outside package of wearing or not wearing women's clothing .... that acknowledges my fem side and validates her as a import part of who i am.........

Genevera
10-08-2007, 07:23 AM
I never in my head quite knew if i was a boy or a girl, as I child I leaned both ways, content as a boy but always curious about girl stuff and I enjoyed and felt comforted trespassing into their world. I guess I'm still the same way now.

Ally K
10-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Its important to me because it allows me to express myself to the fullest, even if no one else sees me dressed. I like to feel feminine because it feels right. In guy mode (which I'm in 99% of the time) I'm such a masculine guy. 6'3", broad shouldered... but I have soft facial features that strongly resemble my mother.

I've always loved the feeling of the clothing, the smells, the makeup, the nail polish.. the fact that there are so many more options as far as clothing goes.

Crossdressing keeps me sane. Its so much of a stress release for me to get all shaved and girlied up to spend time as, sort of, a different person. Where I can just forget about everything for a few hours (I don't get to dress for long.. in fact, as soon as my g/f leaves for work I'm going to dress up).

Most of all, its fun.

I dunno if any of that made sense, I just woke up. Heh.

-Ally

Gisele
10-08-2007, 07:49 AM
I do it because it just feels so right. It is hard for me to explain. I have alway felt like a girl inside and never was totaly happy with my body. Turst me I have be very happy to be a man at times.

I now know after all of this time that I am who I am. It's a girl busting to get out. I dress all of the time now except for work (you know what I mean LOL)

I dont want to have a sex change because I am happy with who I am and I can accept it. If others don't then that is their problem.

I love the time it takes to turn into a woman on the out side to match the inside.

Mayliis
10-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Hi Dear,

CD-ing is important because, this helps to be myself. Who I really are... Like acting female mode, i have different sides which are more feminine than man side. But i'm my true wish is to be perfect woman in every side, and do things what womens have to be... Nowadays females.... are so often so masculine... i really don't like it. Woman have to be beautiful and sweet and so so emotional in every sides. I really enjoy these feelings.

Kisses,
Mayliis

Darlene Dippy
10-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Salandra

I'm not sure I understand the why, let alone be able to put into words.

I do know its a great stress reliever, and certainly leads me down the way of No 3.

More of No 3, however a person achieves it, is what the world needs.

Darlene

Lovely Rita
10-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I totally realize we are all different. We are all unique human beings and we all have different motivations for doing different things. When it comes to crossdressing, we may not understand our motivation and may never really understand it fully but we have a need to do it even though society in general does not accept it and it can cause relationship and family problems. Why is it so important to us that we sometimes seem to risk everything to pursue it?

I've looked at my own CD "career" in my life and being honest with myself have come up with three basic stages I went through.:

1. Wanting to look and feel pretty and wanting to feel special.

2. Wanting to express those feelings by mixing with others in
this way(shopping, TG groups, clubbing, etc.).

3. Getting in touch with those deep feelings, accepting myself and
in the process gaining new respect for others and overall being
more accepting and tolerant of other people, regardless of who
they are.

I understand that sometimes feelings are hard to put into words but those are mine. Also, some of us just do it simply because we can. So, why is it important to you?

This question is mainly directed to male to female CD's but any TG person is welcome to answer.:happy:

If I would add one more thing. It simply is how I am wired. It is a big part of who I am. It is not all that I am but it certainly is a part of me, a part I used to bury and hide, but now allow to live fully and I accept who I am.

I can't help being me and I do not want to. I embrace this part of me 100% and guilt free.

Thank God

nikki_t
10-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Because it's fun and helps me escape the reality of my male self. Also, if it was socially acceptable for men to wear girl's stuff then I would have little interest in doing it.

Sasha Anne Meadows
10-08-2007, 10:36 AM
I think genetic research will some day help us understand this more precisely. Logic follows that we in every part of the world and in every culture (though sometimes hidden) that nature must play a role in who we are.

Until then enjoy the ride girls. I think we are so lucky to be who we are despite society's misunderstanding about us.

Eva Marie
10-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Salandra has answered the question most eloquently for many of us. I agree with her self-assessment and also with some others that followed, and will not echo those remarks. My good wife, however, adds that she believes I do it mostly to agitate "The Establishment". Of course, she is mistaken. I'd never do such a thing. (Would I?)

AlanaBCD
10-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Its important to me because it allows me to express myself to the fullest, even if no one else sees me dressed. I like to feel feminine because it feels right. In guy mode (which I'm in 99% of the time) ...

I've always loved the feeling of the clothing, the smells, the makeup, the nail polish.. the fact that there are so many more options as far as clothing goes.

I love that I can be a girl sometimes and then most of the time a guy. It is like the best of both worlds. I definitely have a feminine side. That needs to come out. Being girly makes me feel good sometimes.

I never in my head quite knew if i was a boy or a girl, as I child I leaned both ways, content as a boy but always curious about girl stuff and I enjoyed and felt comforted trespassing into their world. I guess I'm still the same way now.

I always knew I was a boy, but the girl stuff seemed to intrigue me more than my friends. Oh, the smells, the soft silky things, the feeling of being in a bra. And the thing about it is, unless you feel the same, you couldn't explain it to anyone.

Tiffy
10-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Just because it is who I am. No other hidden reason. Though I do not know why it is part of me but it is.

Tiffany

Kate Simmons
10-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Salandra has answered the question most eloquently for many of us. I agree with her self-assessment and also with some others that followed, and will not echo those remarks. My good wife, however, adds that she believes I do it mostly to agitate "The Establishment". Of course, she is mistaken. I'd never do such a thing. (Would I?)Well, I would certainly never do that Eva Marie(Not much anyway:heehee:). Do I give a hoot if the "big guns" get a little rattled once in a while? Well, eh--confinentially Doc(chomps on carrot)--Nah!:happy:

cdkelsi
10-08-2007, 11:17 AM
This may fit in here. I am sorry if I have a question in my answer also.
I dress cause it lets me escape. It brings me great relaxtion and comfort when I see whatever fem figure I can make.
Also though comes great guilt. Y is this and how can I get over it? It only comes though after a sexual thrill. Then I can't stand myself and come close to throwing the girl me all away again only to regret it like an hr later. Is this all normal? An advice is very much appreciated. Thx you.

Ashleigh
10-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I have always loved pretty and lacy things. Ever since I was 5 I needed this and have dressed in some form or another. I also am most in touch with my inner self when dressing. I feel my best when doing so. I now wear some sort of attire 24 hours a day - 7 days a week and I love it!
Ashleigh :doll:

annekathleen
10-08-2007, 12:17 PM
I still think it's more of a sexual and sensual thing for me.
I love the feeling of womans clothing from the underwear, the slips, the dresses, the stockings, the high heels, ....you get the picture.
It's still like living in a fantasy; what it would be like to be a female, to live like a female, to act as a female, to experience life as a female.
I still enjoy collecting womens clothing; if i see a picture of a certain article of womans clothing, I want to purchase that item, and see what it looks like with me wearing it, feel what it feels like when it's on me.

tommi
10-08-2007, 01:15 PM
When I was a teenager it was definetly a sexual thing.
Now that I've gotten older it echos your reasons Salandra and a few others
here. You know every now and then it is just wonderful to feel pretty,something as guys we are not allowed to do.
Lets face it if we were raised in pretty fem clothes would we want to wear men's clothes?:eek:

charllote34
10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
I wish i could sit here and write a meaningful story of why i do this and how it impacts my life , but i cant .The only thing i can say is when i do it im lifted to another leval and it makes me feel fantastic .

Veronica 1
10-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Why is it important to me? It allows me to be myself and to realize that the feelings that I have kept bottled up inside me for so long have a meaning. I can let the girl inside out and by doing so find balance in my life.

Joy Carter
10-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Hi Salanda ! :D

Well, I'm all the things you mentioned in #3 while in male mode.
But I'm one of those who started dressing at age three or four. So I really can't tell you why I'm this way. Other than it feels so right. And it aligns my appearance to my hard wired brain.

Julie York
10-08-2007, 03:34 PM
It jiggles the wiggly bit in my brain. Sometimes it doesn't need jiggling. Sometimes the wiggly bit in my brain is happy to be left alone for months. But when it needs jiggling then that's how I jiggle it and it makes me feel jigglywiggly.

I think that explains it quite well.:meditate:

jibhose
10-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi I'm new I just joined last night. CDing is important to me because I think women are so beautiful when they are dressed up and I feel Beautiful when I'm dressed up. Plus I feel more comfortable when I'm CDing because their clothes are so soft and feel better to me than rugged mens clothes. I act more feminine than my male friends and it feels right when I'm dressed up.

Lisa Golightly
10-08-2007, 03:48 PM
I've always been a girl... I've just lived a life that seemed natural to me.

VTDresser
10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
My wife has allowed me to buy and wear what I please around the house....and lately she has started purchasing me "gender neutral clothing".

Mens tops with flair, pants with a woman's cut, not to mention trimming my fingernails and polishing them with clear enamel. She said what I wear underneath is my business but at least I can wear something that is "socially" acceptable. She did just get me a pair of leather pants from Newport News and a nice pair of satin pants from Blair. I can wear them to work and no one would bat an eye. Ever seen a mens pair of tailored Italian slacks...very close to satin....

And, I feel good to be able to dress, albeit casually at work but full at home.

carrilee
10-08-2007, 07:09 PM
i'm new here but it just me feel alive. it touches something deep inside and brings me back to life.

Carrilee

janet1234
10-08-2007, 08:13 PM
I agree with largely, Tiffany, you are hot.

Rita B
10-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Well here it goes. Hope I don't wind up in the recycle bin.

The older I get the more I feel like a woman. I see people and life through the eyes of a woman. I watch TV through the eyes of a woman. When I go shopping, I do it as a woman. I even pray as a woman.

For me crossdressing is simply externalizing what I have always felt inside. I feel very natural going out dressed in public and it doesn't even enter my mind that someone may "out" me. It's never happened. After being in the closet for over 15 years for the sake of keeping a marriage together, it still feels so natural.

I feel alive and full of energy and at peace all at the same time. When I dress I am woman with all the little vanities and foibles that women have and loving it. I can be soft and kind and gentle and pretty. I can love the world and I can love myself.

Rita B

Jonnie B
10-10-2007, 07:59 PM
For me it's purely a sexual and sensual thing.

I just enjoy dressing up in girl's underwear, knickers, brassiers, suspender belts and stockings, feeling the lovely silkyness and enjoying the view in the mirror.

No desire to 'be' a female or to go out 'en femme'.
Like go out with the above garments 'on' under male clothing though.

Do lust after some of the garments I see in store advertising.

Back when I was a lad (in the 40's) the photos that appear in main stream advertising today, of scantily clad girls in their underwear, were only available in girlie magazines (Spic and Span, Beautifull Britons) that could not be bought by young boys.

jennifer41356
10-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Its simple...I like being female and prefer it to anything else:D

sami1952
10-10-2007, 09:46 PM
crossdressing expresses what i am feeling and felt all my life.It has become part if not all of my life.there is escaping of what i have felt my whole life.It is who i am.

nikki_t
10-10-2007, 10:24 PM
It jiggles the wiggly bit in my brain. Sometimes it doesn't need jiggling. Sometimes the wiggly bit in my brain is happy to be left alone for months. But when it needs jiggling then that's how I jiggle it and it makes me feel jigglywiggly.

I think that explains it quite well.:meditate:

:lol2:

docrobbysherry
10-10-2007, 10:41 PM
As a kind of recent dresser, I don't know. Or, at least, I'm not sure of the reasons yet. But, I DO know I sure like doin' it! At my age, I can't say that about too many things any more.

Cindy N
10-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Because it is what I am. I was born this way so why deny it.

Ðarissa
10-10-2007, 11:00 PM
I find it hard to explain the reason why crossdressing is important to me because the reasons are mixed. I'm actually quite comfortable in mens clothing but even in drab I'm always wearing panties and hosiery. I certainly would never want to go without wearing my lingerie. I also love to dress up when I can but I don't always get to do so. I crossdress because of the sexual / arousal charge I get from doing it, but also because I find womens clothing comfortable and there is a strange pull, a desire to just do it and it seems right, so to speak, to do so.... I also find a certain sense of freedom when I wear any number of women's clothing, even if it's just a pair of panties (if that makes sense)... :p :happy: :heehee: