PDA

View Full Version : Another Halloween Question....

Danigyrl29
10-08-2007, 08:43 AM
The typical scenario... friend is having a costume party and has invited the wife and me. Wife knows about the dress-up part of my life and wants me to do it for the party. She has even contacted a Drag Queen at her beauty salon to do my makeup!! Here's my problem. I have never been out in public especially with my friends around. If I go to this party all dolled up will it be too obvious? "Whoa man! What a costume. Why did you pick that? How can you walk in those shoes? Where did you get those shoes? Nice legs!!"

Just worried that eventhough I don't do it well enough to pass as a woman, I do do it well enough to pass as a CD. Not sure I am ready for the world to know it. (I know that some will suggest to tone it down, but if I am going to do it, I want to go all out and enjoy myself)

...maybe I just answered my own question

Dixie
10-08-2007, 09:11 AM
It's Halloween! GO FOR IT!! If anyone asks tell them a drag queen did your makeup and gave you some pointers, then you do not have to lie, you just don't have to say you do it alot on your own:D

Rosaliy Lynne
10-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Hey!!! Halloween is party time!!!! have fun - enjoy!!!!
(ps: being out for the party won't hurt your self-confidence either.)

renee k
10-08-2007, 09:57 AM
FORGET A'BOUT IT!!

Go have fun,if I were in your shoes,I'd jump at the chance! IT'S HALLOWEEN.

Huggs, Renee

Di
10-08-2007, 09:59 AM
If it is going to be fun for you go for it....if you are going to be stressed over it...then why do it?..........It supposed to be a fun night.........no one else can tell you how you will feel...so if you can get over worrying about it ...then go for it............if you are going to stress yourself over what if's then don't...hope you can conquer your fear and have fun with it:D...either way...its a party...enjoy!!!

Kate Simmons
10-08-2007, 11:40 AM
It's a costume party Hon and parties are all about having fun. Go for it and enjoy yourself. Case closed as far as I'm concerned.Works for me:thumbsup::Party2::happy:

Mary Morgan
10-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Ditto. If my wife made those suggestions, I'd be sitting in the car waiting to go to the salon.

Wendy me
10-08-2007, 11:51 AM
lol go for it ... good thing you got a Drag Queen on call lol just have fun.............

Sally2005
10-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Do it. It will be fun. Your friends will tease you about it forever. They will ask a lot of questions about who did your makeup, did you shave your legs, who's idea was it? ...etc. You can play dumb and deflect a lot to your wife. For example, "Ah, makeup, I don't know? they just paint it on heavy to hide my wrinkles and yes it is a wig, It didn't look to great with short hair or etc...". The best is to do a theme that includes your wife.

I did this years ago...I enjoyed the attention from all the women. Most of the guys liked it too. One part I remember, was seeing one friend who is a total 'man's man type and the one who always tells everyone how much of a man he is' kind of turn in to a big wimp when he saw me. He sure was uncomfortable. He didn't say anything negative then or later. I felt like it was paypack for the number of times he said something about woman in the past! The most I enjoyed was having one friend's wife not read me even though everything was overdone (later she was all confused when my wife told her I was her 'husband'. ha ha ha

Cristi
10-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Do it! If you miss this opportunity, you'll probably regret it for the rest of your life!

You'll be nervous as heck when you make your 'appearance', but I bet that after about 5 minutes or less of jokes, the conversation will turn to other things and you'll just be there, hanging out with your friends.... in a dress! :D :D

When I did this several years ago, I got a lot of the "Gee, you're walking pretty well in heels for somebody who's never done this before" or "Are you SURE you've never worn makeup before?" type comments, but I was able to laugh them off.

trannie T
10-08-2007, 02:35 PM
It is Halloween.
You have an opportunity to go out dressed.
You will most likely have a great time.
If you don't do it we shall go to your house and take all your panties.

CDBarbie
10-08-2007, 02:40 PM
It's the opportunity we all hope for. You must go. Let your wife help you, You will please her and you will finally do something great for yourself. A halloween party is the perfect venue for your first outing. You are amoung friends, "that do not know the "other side" of you. Go for it, have a great time, learn from the experiance and above all else, show your wife the appreciation she deserves..

annekathleen
10-08-2007, 03:20 PM
It's funny that when we were children, Halloween meant "Candy"
When we were teens, it meant " "Shaving Cream and Egg Wars"
And now, when we are who we are, it means "Cross Dressing"

I think a real cross dresser is going to look a lot more convincing
dressing up for Halloween than a non cross dresser.
The clothes are going to fit just right,
The bras and panties are going to fit just right,
The high heels or thigh high boots fit pretty good, too.
And where did you get those fake boobs?
Whos wig did you borrow? It doesn't look like Gramma's!

JazmyneCD
10-08-2007, 04:23 PM
I was so hesitant about doing it last year (for the second time, actually). Then I thought, "WTF am I worried about? It's Halloween!"

I'm sure people will be more receptive in a party environment, but I was at work where business attire is the norm. In short, I wouldn't even worry about it. You'll feel so damned hot you'll forget about--and won't care--what others may or may not be thinking about you ;)

MarinaTwelve200
10-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Dont worry about "over doing" it. Indeed THAT is part of the costume---gives it the "costumey" look. My "Gypsy fortune teller" was over the top, complete with nails and false eyelashes. As a closeted CDer, I think it would be WORSE to look "too Normal" than an overblown parody of a woman---it LOOKS like a costume and will be taken as that.

Taffy
10-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Do it; do it; do it... You'll only regret it later if you don't.

Chiana
10-08-2007, 10:58 PM
I love halloween. Actually I have dressed up before on halloween and gone to a couple of private parties. No one has condemmed me or treated me differently afterwards. But I am sure that my expertise with dressing was probably obvious, so I am sure I have planted some seeds in their minds. One girl commented that my makeup was "perfect" and she wanted to know how I got to be so good. I still have to work up the courage to do it but I have found that having a little drink boosts my courage. Just be sure not to drive when drunk and be safe.

Delila
10-08-2007, 11:45 PM
I had a party where I was dressed like a ho and my wife was my pimp. The biggest question that I was asked was how I managed such realistic boobs (forms). I just told people that I got them from a costume shop and no second questions were asked. We even had the manliest man that I have ever met there my father in law and all he could talk about was how great my legs were. Long story short go for it nobody will care the will probably forget it within days.

docrobbysherry
10-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Remember, Halloween spelled backward is neewollah. All the good comments were already taken so I thought ----

Joann0830
10-09-2007, 01:20 AM
You are really looking into this way too hard, have fun its halloween,:heehee: enjoy yourself, as far as this dressing up and having someone to help you thats great!!!! How many other halloween parties did you ever go to that you went all out on the costumes. Enjoy the fun and let us know how many people recognized you at first, play it that way, Tell them about the real makeup person and the game, that you wanted to see if anybody would recognize you.
Have fun and realize that you have a great wife who understands and encourages it and if it does not bother her, GO FOR IT!:happy::love:

Joan Merrie
10-09-2007, 06:08 AM
Do it and enjoy. We are having a party here at the house, my wife and I are going to be ho's the daughter is the pimp.

Wenda
10-09-2007, 09:57 PM
OK, so I went to my fav lingerie store, with the owner who encourages me, tried on some things that didn't fit, but she thought it was fun to watch. (Tops only)''She has organized a group of the ususal suspects to go to the Halloween 'Dance" .
She challenged me to come en femme over a week ago, and I have since ordered a swack of stuff from eBay. Then yesterday, I found out my GF had to go to work at 5 AM the next day, so couldn't be my Madam. (I am going as my uber-****ty self, in leather)
I asked the lingerie shop owner if she might be my mistress.
Her over enthusiastic reaction made me a bit uneasy. She knows the absolute best person to go with me. A dominatrix 'with all the equipment; .
Yikes. This could be a runaway! We, the lingerie lady, the dominatrx and moi, are meeting for drinks to see if this is a good idea. I will send the post mortems. w.

spandexgirl188
10-09-2007, 10:57 PM
From previous experience, i know what you are feeling. If you are wondering about what if's you are never gonna do it. Go full out, have fun with it and if they mistake you for a GG then thats a big boost to your ego. Besides its halloween. Nobody will even care that youre dressed up as a woman. If they see trough the costume they will just think its a good halloween gag. Either way, enjoy it.

Jess.

cdbrandi
10-10-2007, 03:45 AM
My wife and I have been invited to a costume party as well, and she has suggested that we go as a bride and groom, with me being the bride, looks like i will be getting a wedding dress after all

Joan Merrie
10-10-2007, 05:35 AM
My wife and I have been invited to a costume party as well, and she has suggested that we go as a bride and groom, with me being the bride, looks like i will be getting a wedding dress after all
LUCKY

MJ
10-10-2007, 01:28 PM
FORGET ABOUT IT!!

Go have fun, IT'S HALLOWEEN. and hey if someone says i got nice legs well i say thank you ... or i love your makeup , hair , nails , heels ..well say thank you ...
thats all .. come on now it's the only time of the year most of you can get out with no repercussions JUST DO IT :thumbsup:

Charleen
10-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Lawd yeah, go for it! Did it last year and got major compliments. Going as a woman pirate this year!

shauna 9
10-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Do it and enjoy.

MsJanessa
10-11-2007, 05:38 AM
Youre supposed to be over the top, it's Halloween--one of the few days of the year you can do that type of thing.

Denise Somers
10-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Halloween is now second only to Christmas in consumer spending and it ain't because kids are eating more candy. Adults are having their own parties as they "laisser les bons temps rouler" and it is all about the costume. It's the one time of year where heavier makeup and sky-high heels are expected rather than excepted. It's a time when people of all walks of life can take their place for one night on stage and become absorbed into their "other" role.

Denise Somers

Jilmac
10-11-2007, 11:07 AM
hi jill here, just wanted to tell you go for it girl. i went to a h'ween party as a girl in 1961 when i was in high school. a girlfriend who knew i dressed, feminized me. i wasn't passable then and still aren't, but that wouldn't stop me from doing it again. when i was at that party i enjoyde myself as a girl, but to those who didn't know that i dressed, it was just a fun costume. i even won a prize for it. so yeah, go all out, be the girl you've always wanted to be. and if your wife is encouraging you, all the better. sometimes a halloween party is the best place to come out. you'll be accepted because most will see it as a very good costume. have fun at the party...Jill

UASIANGAL
10-11-2007, 11:19 AM
After reading everyone's comments, we all agree, you HAVE to do it! I dressed twice. Someday, I'll write about the whole experience. It was priceless. The last time I dressed up, I got 3 other guys to do it with me. I was surprised how much they and their wives & GF enjoyed it. No one suspected I was a CD, it was Halloween, anything goes. The only way someone would know you were a CD, would be if they were one themselves or know the route. I once went to a Halloween party where this guy was really dressed well and in expensive clothes and shoes. He was not passable by the way, but also, he dressed as a sexy girl, no theme, not a costume like supergirl or wonder woman. Dead give away. He took it so seriously! Laugh, pretend, be cheeky, ****ty, down right rude but have fun and laugh at yourself too! And, DO have a theme to your costume...easier to explain it to your male friends. We went as contestants of the Miss Hong Kong beauty contestants but we call it the Miss King Kong contest. I was suppose to be the MC, but the DJ made me parade in the show...and I won!