PDA

View Full Version : What not to do when the police pull you over

JulieC
10-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Last night, I was channel flipping and came across World's Wildest Police Videos. Most of the time this sort of thing doesn't interest me much; kinda voyeuristic feeding off of people's worst moments. Just as I was about to change the channel, they said something like "When we come back blah blah" and mentioned "and the really weird" while depicting a crossdresser. This was of course annoying in itself, but sending a letter won't help; the show's been canceled for five+ years.

Anyways, when they came back from commercial they depicted two different incidents where drivers attempted to speed away because they were crossdressed and didn't want to be pulled over while dressed. One was a local football coach that everyone knew. The other actually called 911 and told the dispatcher they didn't want to go to jail dressed. In both cases, the original reason the police were trying to pull them over was over minor infractions that would have resulted in nothing more than a ticket. Of course, in both scenes the producers and host of the show mocked the crossdresser.

Girls, I can't emphasize this enough; don't be stupid. If you get pulled over by a police officer while dressed, cooperate. You'll only make it worse if you don't.

Lovely Rita
10-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the advice. I could not think of a more freightening scenario, but I guess the rule applies. DONT PANIC and you may be able to ride it out safely.

One more thing, say your prayers.

melissaabom
10-08-2007, 05:18 PM
I totally agree if an officer get their light on ..pull over !

One can dress in whatever manner as long ...as if it's not in bad taste !

Melissa

Laura C
10-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi I got pulled over last winter by the police. I was in full fem makeup wig heels the works. Anyway He just came up to my window and asked for my dl and registration. He then said I made a right turn on red and I wasn't suppose to. After seeming like a hour he brought my license back and just gave me a warning. It must have been my innocent look lol. Anyway it all went well. and he gave me no problems.

Billie1
10-08-2007, 07:02 PM
I totally agree if an officer get their light on ..pull over !

One can dress in whatever manner as long ...as if it's not in bad taste !

Melissa

But, what you're being pulled over by the fashion police?:confused2:

goofus
10-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Last night, I was channel flipping and came across World's Wildest Police Videos. Most of the time this sort of thing doesn't interest me much; kinda voyeuristic feeding off of people's worst moments. Just as I was about to change the channel, they said something like "When we come back blah blah" and mentioned "and the really weird" while depicting a crossdresser. This was of course annoying in itself, but sending a letter won't help; the show's been canceled for five+ years.

Anyways, when they came back from commercial they depicted two different incidents where drivers attempted to speed away because they were crossdressed and didn't want to be pulled over while dressed. One was a local football coach that everyone knew. The other actually called 911 and told the dispatcher they didn't want to go to jail dressed. In both cases, the original reason the police were trying to pull them over was over minor infractions that would have resulted in nothing more than a ticket. Of course, in both scenes the producers and host of the show mocked the crossdresser.

Girls, I can't emphasize this enough; don't be stupid. If you get pulled over by a police officer while dressed, cooperate. You'll only make it worse if you don't.

Agreed. Pull over. Crossdressing is not illegal (in most places!) and most cops would be much more concerned about you having illegal substances in the car or if you're wanted, etc. than they would about you being crossdressed. Having said that, if the cop *did* harass you for being crossdressed, be sure to get his badge number and complain to his superior as soon as possible after the incident :2c:

Suzy Harrison
10-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Many years ago I got stopped for speeding whilst going for a "late night drive" en-femme. I was so scared I thought I was going to faint !

But the officer was fine, no comments or anything. I was quite happy to get the ticket in the end. So yes, it's good advice, don't turn a tiny minor problem into a major incident.

angelfire
10-08-2007, 07:31 PM
If you think about it rationally, you pulling over is the best option for EVERYONE.

1: You don't get charged with evading arrest, or resisting an officer
2: A police officer often times has a certain 'quota' of tickets they have to give out. If you pull over, you are making it easy on them, and if you do get a ticket, it is alot better than the alternative that comes with speeding off.
3: The officer can continue doing their job. While chasing you if you are running, something bigger or worse could happen that could have been avoided if he weren't pre-occupied chasing down someone who he was just going to say has a burnt out tail-light.

Really, it is the best for you, the officer, and everyone else if you just pull over and cooperate.

Joy Carter
10-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Many years ago I got stopped for speeding whilst going for a "late night drive" en-femme. I was so scared I thought I was going to faint !

But the officer was fine, no comments or anything. I was quite happy to get the ticket in the end. So yes, it's good advice, don't turn a tiny minor problem into a major incident.

Suzy Harrison I'm quite shocked at your behavior. :heehee:

trannie T
10-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Rule number one: Don't be stupid. Do not do anything which will limit the officer's options. It is not easy to talk your way out of a ticket but it is very easy to talk your way into one.

SandyR
10-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Could not agree more. Pulled over July 06, case of mistaken driver. Turned out a would be robber was driving the same car I was. In full Drag, on my way back to the room from a fun night. Check my posts, anyway because I stopped gave no issues, I was on my way. Did spook me big time though.

SandyR

Melinda G
10-08-2007, 09:16 PM
It's always scary. I've been stopped twice, but not for traffic either time. One time I was out walking in a small park, late at night. Cop comes along, shines his spotlight over the park, sees me, and pulls in behind me. Just checked my license, and said, "you can't be in here after dark". Then he left.

Another time I was out walking in the forest on a little two track in the middle of nowhere, not expecting anyone. Along comes a car full of seniors, through the woods. I run and jump in my van and drive away. A little later, a cop stops me. He comes up to my van and says, "We had a report of a man wearing a blue dress like you have on, acting suspiciously". I just said, "Yes, I guess it would look suspicious to some people". He just checked my license, and said, "you're free to go".
I should add, that neither cop made me get out of the vehicle, or tried to embarrass me. Both were cool. Probably closet crossdressers. :D

Billijo49504
10-08-2007, 09:31 PM
I was pulled over this past summer. A rear light was out on an 06 chevy. BUT I have a ccw and was carrying at the time. So I was required to tell the officer. He looked at me, fully dressed and at my license and at my ccw, with the picture of me with a full beard, and shook his head. You sure have a lot of different looks, and laughted. He told me to get the light fixed and said have a good night....BJ

Melinda G
10-08-2007, 09:48 PM
I've said it before. I think we are too hard on ourselves. Most people don't care, even if they make us. It's just not that big of a deal for most people.

Suzy Harrison
10-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Suzy Harrison I'm quite shocked at your behavior. :heehee:

Well Joy, I'm a 'good girl' these days :heehee:

elaineg
10-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I was pulled over in downtown Houston by a cop standing in the middle of the road obviously a speed-trap all he asked was did I still live at the same address as on my Lic. as he gave me the ticket.

KellyCD
10-09-2007, 12:03 AM
I've been pulled over(well stopped really I was walking) by the police dressed and it was pretty bad. They searched me, called like their WHOLE FREAKIN DEPT. over to see. within like 20 mins(yeah I was there THAT long) their was 9 squad cars and like 20~25 officers and I could see they were trying to hold back laughing and finnaly they called my mom to come and get me!! They wouldn't let me leave I was 16 at the time!

Joy Carter
10-09-2007, 12:11 AM
I've been pulled over(well stopped really I was walking) by the police dressed and it was pretty bad. They searched me, called like their WHOLE FREAKIN DEPT. over to see. within like 20 mins(yeah I was there THAT long) their was 9 squad cars and like 20~25 officers and I could see they were trying to hold back laughing and finnaly they called my mom to come and get me!! They wouldn't let me leave I was 16 at the time!

Aw Kelly that had to have been nerve wracking.:hugs:

goofus
10-09-2007, 01:45 AM

Kelly, was this in Korea?

My Lady Marsea
10-09-2007, 02:02 AM

OMG Girl.....You really got the bad end of the stick here. I feel Sooo sorry for you, thank goodness it seems to be the rare thing to happen judging from other comments.
I recently met another T-Girl who is in law enforcement and asked this question about getting pulled over. She said that almost every cop is only interested in the legal aspects IE: valid driver license with some kind of picture, proof of insurance and current registration. At this point you will be treated with the respect you deserve as long as you respect them and their job. She also said (at least around here) that IF you did something that is going to get you tossed in the pokey, they make you (and this is for all) undress and shower and issure you some kind of jail clothing and generally put you in a private type holding cell till the next day or so (giving you time to bail out) and then transfer you to the general jail population. I, of course for one, hope to NEVER find out how true or not this is LOL.

Joan Merrie
10-09-2007, 06:23 AM
I got pulled over several years ago, headlight out(on the car:D) the officer said miss I stopped you for your light out, I need to see your license. i gave them to him. He was shocked. I said, I lost a bet with my wife. He laughed, and said well you look good, but you need to stop betting w/your wife.

erickka
10-09-2007, 06:34 AM
I have several close friends in Fl. who are sheriff's deputies. They all have told me they have "seen it all". On that note, If a cop stops one of us en femme, I really don't think that any one of them would be one bit surprised. Of course, cooperating is always the best behavior for anyone.

Sally24
10-09-2007, 12:21 PM
I had one encounter with a police officer at a rest stop on the highway. When I responded to his inquirey of "Is everything alright?" he shined his light in my eyes for 3-4 seconds. I figured he took that long to clock me. Of course I did look like this

so I thought the delay was understandable. He asked me to leave because he thought I was meeting up there for gay sex. I just wanted to sleep!