PDA

View Full Version : Who do you see

charllote34
10-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi all. I have just been looking through the various pictures of you all, and i wondered if like me when you look at yourself cross dressed who do you see ? do you still recognise the man or do you see something else?

Eugenie
10-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Well, I tend to see "her" in the mirror and to look at "her" with "her" eyes...

Let me explain: indeed when looking at the woman in the mirror, it is rather easy to see a woman, it only requires some practice with clothes, wig and make up to produce an image that looks rather faithfully as a woman.

However the male brain tends to look at this image of a woman with "male eyes", not as a woman would look at herself... Indeed I don't think that women often get turned on by their own image in the mirror...

Well it happens to me also that my image turns me on... :heehee:, but I try more and more to pay attention to things that a real woman would look at in the mirror. Idon't always succeed, but I try hard...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Alice B
10-09-2007, 02:32 PM
I see me.

Kate Simmons
10-09-2007, 02:37 PM
What do I see? Good question Charllote, I had to think about that one. I see the same person as Sal or Rich, just a different view maybe. I see a person who, after 60 years, is finally in touch with himself and happy for once.:happy:

Marla S
10-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I see there I someone ... me.
Often I like what I see, sometimes I am not all too happy, but at least there is someone.
That makes the difference.

Kris
10-09-2007, 02:49 PM
.. Indeed I don't think that women often get turned on by their own image in the mirror...

I try more and more to pay attention to things that a real woman would look at in the mirror. I don't always succeed, but I try hard...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Eugenie,

I loved your answer and want to comment - because of society making model type women the "desired" ones, most women do not see beauty in the mirror - they only see faults. ie.. I need to loose weight, my butt is too big, my boobs sag.. gravity works. :happy:

Maybe that is part of my attraction to cd'ers. Most of you ladies are proud of yourselves enough to WANT to post pictures all the time. Rarely does a gg look at a picture of herself and not comment negatively. And you give positive feedback.

:hugs: Kris

charllote34
10-09-2007, 02:59 PM
I love all your answers .For me the acceptance part being able to pass is one i cant answer myself to my reflection as i see me , however if this helps all you ladies i do believe that in most casses people tend to see what the expect to see , and i see a hell of a lot of very good looking girls on here .
Someone once said its all done with smoke and mirrors ( and a good wig!!) :D

Dana Carlton
10-09-2007, 03:30 PM
After all these years of dressing, I guess I have developed two different images. When I look into the mirror (when dressed), I do not see the "man" as you stated. I do still see me, but not the "male" me. I see the "female" me. The same holds true for when I am not dressed. I see my male image reflecting back.

I see myself as I feel. The mirror does what it was invented to do.....reflect back an image. It just depends on what image I'm trying to portray.

Sally24
10-09-2007, 03:41 PM
After all these years of dressing, I guess I have developed two different images. I see the "female" me. The same holds true for when I am not dressed. I see my male image reflecting back.

I see much the same way. When in full female mode I see the feminine "me". On a good day, with the right outfit, I am attracted to the image, but not excited by it. Even in male mode I sometimes see more of the woman than the man. Body image is a funny thing sometimes.

Lisa Golightly
10-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Mmmmmmm... I never really did see a boy... Just these eyes... I only ever really see my eyes.

CarmenG
10-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Well to begin. I am not one of your daily posters but I do visit often....
I tend to see how I feel; let me explain.
When I am in a good mood and I want to go for a drive I see, a woman I believe I can be. When I feel odd and it was a struggle to get dressed, then I see the man in a dress and wondering what am I doing.......
Lately I look beyond the dress, beyond the mirror so to say and ponder if this is all of me.... life's journey has brought me to this point and I am who I am.
I read your post and I feel good, I read your post and I feel sad for we all conquer and lose but we all get back up to conquer again
MY SISTERS ALL AND THE NORMAL ONES TOO......:love:

Daintre
10-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Sadly when I look in the mirror, I see me, a male trying to be female. Once though, when I dressed and looked in the mirror, I saw my sister's face looking back, I could not believe how much I resembled her. I was very elated that day.

Teresa Amina
10-09-2007, 05:06 PM
What man? :D I see the Me I want to Be :happy:

sara_also
10-09-2007, 05:11 PM
When I look in the mirror, when dressed enfem
I see a prettier face
I see a better figure
I see a nicer smile
I see a person more concerned about looking better

As a male,
I see a blah face that needs a shave
I see a slight pot belly
I see a person that doesn't smile much
I see a person that really doesn't much care how he looks

I see a different person that seems to enjoy life more, and has a different outlook on many things.

Darla in Pa.
10-09-2007, 05:19 PM
I see my male self because that is what I am used to seeing, But if i walk away and turn around it is like Wow makes me feel all good inside that doesn't make alot of sense but it works *S* Darla

Wendy me
10-09-2007, 05:22 PM
i see my better half ....

Deborah Jane
10-09-2007, 05:25 PM
I like to see Debs...Sometimes i do:D..Sometimes i don,t:(..I think it all depends on what mood i,m in!!!

MarinaTwelve200
10-09-2007, 06:18 PM
I look SO different from my male self, that I see another person entirely, although she looks a little bit like my sister at times.

Its only in the last two years of so that I actually get a handle on what "Marina" actually looks like. She appears to me as her own person.

Dragster
10-09-2007, 06:22 PM
I've only had a make-over and wig on once (at a dressing service), and although I didn't see it at the time, what I saw in the photos was an older version of my daughter!

Tony

christid66
10-09-2007, 06:25 PM
When I look in the mirror, I'd love to see a good looking convincing woman....but my eyes aren't that bad yet

Angie G
10-09-2007, 06:30 PM
I see Angie the other woman in the house :hugs:
Angie

Deanna2
10-09-2007, 06:31 PM
I see a guy in a skirt and love it.

Andrea_girl
10-09-2007, 06:33 PM
I see me but a more acceptable me,a more pretty me. A me that looks right

I also see my mother

Paula G
10-09-2007, 06:37 PM
It depends how far away I am from the mirror.:D

Honestly speaking, when I look in the mirror dressed I see the other side of me, the side that is hidden from the world at the moment.

JULIE33362
10-09-2007, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=Andrea_girl;1036322]I see me but a more acceptable me,a more pretty me. A me that looks right

MY MOM NOT AS HOT AS ME

Tina Dixon
10-09-2007, 06:42 PM
It depends on how good I do my make up.

Joy Carter
10-09-2007, 06:49 PM
I see and feel Joy ! Then I look closer and "Ewwwww". LoL

christid66
10-09-2007, 07:07 PM
You must be looking at me Joy !

shauna 9
10-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I see shauna the other woman.:yrtw:

docrobbysherry
10-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Guilty as charged!
When I look in mirror and see Robert, I'm often unhappy with my image. A skinny old balding guy.

When I look in the mirror and see only Sherry, I'm often stunned! I must hide all traces of Robert to be satisfied. That stunner in the mirror is why I dress!
myspace.com/robertsherry

jenny logan
10-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I see that which I have longed to be ever since I can remember. I see how far I have come and yet see how far I have to go before the image in the mirror completely matches the feelings and longings in my heart. Like most of us, a work in progress and a hopelessly complex melange of feelings and emotions all striving to come to some sort of acceptable balance between our fantasy world and the real world. The bottom line is I like what I see and the more I see it, the better I am for it. Now if I could just lose those last 20 pounds!!

Jenny L

jibhose
10-09-2007, 08:29 PM
I don't really look in the mirror because my goatee and mustache ruins the whole experience. I look down and see the clothes on me and thats all I need to feel beautiful.

eleventhdr
10-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Myself only she is me and i am her and we are all together koo koo a choo

Suzy Ann!!

ArleneRaquel
10-09-2007, 10:44 PM
I see a gorgeous African American Woman with Hot Red Hair & a Body to match. Then I put on my glasses & :eek: :love: & :hugs: Beyonce Welch - Off to Get My Eyewear Prescription Changed. :thumbsup:

vivianann
10-11-2007, 01:05 AM
When I dress with all the padding in place the breastforms on, makup on wig on pantyhose on I see a beautiful sexy woman in the mirror, I love the way I look enfemme, and it seems alot of GG's see that too, because I get alot of compliments from them. I was in a gas station this afternoon in male mode to get a drink, the cashier who has seen me enfemme many times before looked me up and down and told me that I look better as a woman than I do as a man, and then told me to get home and clean up get a dress on then come back, so I did, then I went back and she said now thats better, you look better as a woman. I have to agree with her.

Joann0830
10-11-2007, 01:29 AM
When I look into the mirror
I see the Girl I should have been
I see the smile which I never have when I am male
I see a me playing dress up with my two GG cousins when I was little
I see all my GG friends in grade school who saw inside me as their friend
I see my Moms face as she always wanted a daughter
I see a more caring,understanding and Loving Parent to my two Daughters
I see what the woman I date like the most about me, being in touch with my Feminine side

But most of all I see me smiling as this is the way I want to be.
:love:Joann0830:GE:

Chari
10-11-2007, 09:11 AM
No matter what the packaging, I see me becoming more of the real me and loving it!:happy:
hugs2U, Chari

Evelyn Smith
10-11-2007, 10:21 AM
One of the most boring nights in my 'dressed' life was in a room with no mirrors...

I see me, and I'm impressed with how good i can look!

Melinda G
10-11-2007, 10:40 AM
I see a fine looking woman, that turns me on.:D

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/354/cd007oh7.jpg

Lovely Rita
10-11-2007, 11:07 AM
I see someone completely different. If you saw me in drab you would understand why.......LOL.....Big LOL

Sonia Kiss
10-11-2007, 01:08 PM
What a great question! Isn't it a thrill to see the woman in the mirror? I could go on and on about that, but let me share a couple of experiences where I've been startled to see the man in the mirror.

One is when washing off makeup. A few times I've been in the state where I've gotten used to seeing the woman in the mirror and thinking of that as me, then had this startling experience in the bathroom. I see myself (woman) in the mirror, I bend over the sink to clean my face, and when I straighten up again and see my reflection, there's a man there!

And then one time was when I got a new wig that showed more of my face. My first couple of wigs had hair that kind of hung on the sides of my face, and I guess I had gotten used to thinking of that reflection as me, Sonia. Then I got a new wig with the hair curled back away from my face, so it was much more open look than any wig I had worn before. For a while with this new wig, it was like my brain wouldn't recognize the reflection as "Sonia", and so would then recognize it as the next closest match, "the guy."

Sonia

charllote34
10-11-2007, 01:14 PM
What a great question! Isn't it a thrill to see the woman in the mirror? I could go on and on about that, but let me share a couple of experiences where I've been startled to see the man in the mirror.

One is when washing off makeup. A few times I've been in the state where I've gotten used to seeing the woman in the mirror and thinking of that as me, then had this startling experience in the bathroom. I see myself (woman) in the mirror, I bend over the sink to clean my face, and when I straighten up again and see my reflection, there's a man there!

And then one time was when I got a new wig that showed more of my face. My first couple of wigs had hair that kind of hung on the sides of my face, and I guess I had gotten used to thinking of that reflection as me, Sonia. Then I got a new wig with the hair curled back away from my face, so it was much more open look than any wig I had worn before. For a while with this new wig, it was like my brain wouldn't recognize the reflection as "Sonia", and so would then recognize it as the next closest match, "the guy."

Sonia

Absolutely spot on with your answer thats exactly the way i feel , sometimes when i see "charllotes" reflection i cant believe thats me and what a great moment that is !

Veronica 1
10-11-2007, 08:26 PM
When I look in the mirror, I'd love to see a good looking convincing woman....but my eyes aren't that bad yet

LOL I know I look better when I take off my glasses and let my imagination run with the blurry image in front of it.

Mary Morgan
10-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Depending on the photo, I see my mother, or one of my sisters. Sometimes I am surprised at the resemblence. Sometimes I am just pleased that I see someone who is more feminine than masculine.

Mary Morgan
10-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Depending on the photo, sometimes I see my mother, or one of my sisters. Sometimes I am surprised at the resemblence. Sometimes I am just pleased that I see someone who is more feminine than masculine.

Rachel Morley
10-11-2007, 10:03 PM
I see much the same way. When in full female mode I see the feminine "me". On a good day, with the right outfit, I am attracted to the image, but not excited by it. Even in male mode I sometimes see more of the woman than the man. Body image is a funny thing sometimes.
Ditto for me too. I see "me" but I see more of what I feel inside. I always feel more feminine than I look that's why I like to wear women's clothes in (girly) boy mode to try to get the image and feeling more in line. En femme is the higher end of the scale of the visual manifestation of what I feel I am ... regarding my gender expression.

However, being en femme can have it's problems too because I can sometimes look in the mirror and think I look good and I like what I see, but then the next time I will be wearing the exact same outfit, wig, makeup etc and I think I look hideous and manly :(

Kristen Kelly
10-11-2007, 10:15 PM
The mirror is my friend, I see Kristen no matter how I'm dressed, the difference now is much less than it was in the past, as I wear my own hair longer and go out without the wigs, wear small hoop earring out in my pierced ears in drab, and am out in lowrise women's jeans all the time.

I was out one night to a keroke bar and was enjoying the music standing in front of the stage when in the mirror behind the performer I saw this interesting good looking woman in the mirror, when I turned to see where she was I found out it was me......made my night for I felt great after that.

Taniawilde
10-12-2007, 12:06 AM
I See ME!!!

Claire3
10-12-2007, 12:19 AM
I see Claire and i think she's a smasher!:love:

Jillm
10-13-2007, 08:02 AM
If I take the time to dress right I see a lovely woman, someone I like to see, but a lot of the time I don’t spend enough time on my makeup or I put on the wrong outfit and bam, it hits me, look at that adams apple, or look at that farmers tan and so on and I just see the male me in a skirt.

Valerie
10-13-2007, 08:11 AM
What I find startling is that my outlook changes. Not only the person I am looking at in the mirror is different, but my whole self is transformed into someone who likes being who s/he is much more.

Valerie

christid66
10-13-2007, 08:19 AM
It's strange because only a few months ago, I couldn't even look at myself in a mirror or (believe it or not), dress in front of our dog, let alone anyone else.
Now, I had to start looking at myself in a mirror to put make up on but that doesn't phase me at all now....and I've worked out the dog doesn't care what I'm wearing - as long as he gets his food, water & let out when he needs to!

Gisele
10-13-2007, 08:20 AM
I see my mother when she was younger. I'm a dead ringer for her but she has a few more pounds than I do.

Lilith Moon
10-13-2007, 08:23 AM
On good days I see the female me as I would like to have been. Bad days...a man in a dress.

I know that there is much talk here about our oppression due to the prejudice and preconceptions of many people. I'm aware of the question many of us ask...why can't men look pretty as well? I know there's nothing inherently wrong with wearing clothes traditionally worn by the other gender. But I still feel uncomfortable on those occasions when I see myself as a man in a frock. As do many here, as evidenced by the question asked so many times in our pictures section "Do I pass ?"