PDA

View Full Version : Doing Laundry

Chari
10-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Love to go shopping and always looking for new complete outfits or items that will update my present wardrobe, in preferable wash-n-wear materials. Do you do your own laundry separately or do you mix it all together, both guy and gal things? Thankfully I have an SO that is comfortable with me doing all our laundry together.
hugs2U, Chari

joann07
10-10-2007, 01:05 PM
I, too, wash my femme things (panties, pantyhose, bras, etc.) mixed in with my male clothes.
I live by myself so I don't have to worry about other people seeing my stuff.
And I love hanging my pantyhose on the clothes line to dry in the bathtub. :heehee:

Christie ann
10-10-2007, 01:11 PM
I work out of the house whereas my wife goes off to work...so I am the house wife, and we even refer to my job as such. I do all of the laundry all of the time. I admit, I love hanging up the clothes in the back yard in my strappy tops. Just have to watch the tan lines :)

Kristen Marie
10-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Unfortuantely, except for the panties which I do at home, I bring the rest of my female laundy out. I have a nice "wash and fold place" I bring it to. The ladies there are nice and they do a great job.

charllote34
10-10-2007, 02:02 PM
I wash them depending on colour not gender! Did your mama not teach u that !

tommi
10-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Undies,tees,shorts, go with guy stuff, handwash by itself, everything else according to instructions.:D

bridget thronton
10-10-2007, 03:06 PM
I do my own laundry (why should my wife do it as well as her own)

annekathleen
10-10-2007, 05:36 PM
I wash my female items with my male items.
I make sure that as soon as they are washed,
They are put in the dryer.
And as soon as they are dry,
I put them away!
I don't need the kids coming into town and
bringing their laundry with them, and
finding items in the washer, dryer, or laundry basket,
that I might have to explain!

trannie T
10-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Denim skirts get washed with jeans. Colors are seperated from whites. I wash clothes by washing instructions, not by gender.

Phyliss
10-10-2007, 07:52 PM
It has befallen to me to be the "Laundry Queen"
The secret I have found is, "lots of laundry baskets"
light blue and grey in one
dark in another
white by itself
light colors in another
denim and heavy work shirts in another
Delicates all by them self.
Sheets and towels nestled in yet another.
Gym clothes all be them self.
Yeah thats 8 loads a week, all done in one day.
Spend 15 min separating it all and begin.
As soon as one load comes out of the dryer , fold it and put in the proper pile for storage when all is done
With proper planning you can mow the lawn and get the groceries done at the same time.
Good clothes, ie skirts, dress slacks, nice blouses, dress shirts, all go to a professional cleaner.

Billijo49504
10-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Either the wife or I do the laundry. She does my gurlie thing's with hers...BJ

JenniferR771
10-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I do the laundry sometimes, and all during the winter when my work is slow. i cannot risk my wife finding my girlie items in the dryer--again.

However--when my wife is away--like this week--I wash everything together. I separate the whites and colors--unless--I decide to wash everything together because there are no really nice white clothes this week in the hamper.

shauna 9
10-10-2007, 10:47 PM
I am the house wife, I do all of the laundry

docrobbysherry
10-10-2007, 11:23 PM
You just can't wash male and female items together! If u do, they'll see that they get wrapped around each other every time! And I just hate being the one that tears them apart! I'm just too romantic, I guess.

Suzie S.
10-11-2007, 05:37 AM
Nothing gets separated at our house, except light and dark, or regular and delicates. My wife doesn't have a problem with it at all. :happy:

erickka
10-11-2007, 06:45 AM
I am in charge of washing my own clothes, but I still have to wash my girlie stuff when the wife is working in the evening.It is usually only 2 loads (one white, one colored) so it doesn't take too long to do it.

vivianann
10-14-2007, 11:19 PM
I work out of the house whereas my wife goes off to work...so I am the house wife, and we even refer to my job as such. I do all of the laundry all of the time. I admit, I love hanging up the clothes in the back yard in my strappy tops. Just have to watch the tan lines :)

Christie, you are living my dream, you are the housewife, that is just lovely. I love to do the laundry too, used to fight my ex to do the laundry, I wanted to do it and she did not want me to because I was better at it than she was, I could not get her to do it right.

Rachel Morley
10-15-2007, 12:23 AM
I have a very accepting wife and as a consequence I wash every thing together. Her stuff, my stuff, boy stuff, girl stuff, it all gets mixed together as long as it's the right color and fabrics are similar.

carie
10-15-2007, 12:49 PM
i do my own laundry .. sometimes send it to the chinese cleaners .. easier . they even color match everything .. :happy:

emmajgold
11-11-2007, 02:02 AM
Speaking of laundry - I'm trying to find a wash and fold in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. I've tried searching online but no luck. Does anybody have any ideas of how I can go about finding one of these places?

Thanks!

Emma

rustynail
11-11-2007, 02:16 AM
I have to wait till I have sufficient time to wash and dry it all. So i accummulate a load (I have loads of panties and slips so do not have to wear any too long between washes), then do it all together and tumble dry it before folding and putting it away. I have not yet had the nerve to hgang it on the washing line - slips, panties, bras, nightie, half slips - one of you gurls would steal it?

pamela_a
11-11-2007, 12:49 PM
I do the laundry at home ( I have to, my wife would ruin all my nice things) and it's all sorted by fabric, color, and wash temp. It's not gender specific.

-Paula-

Michelle04240
11-11-2007, 12:56 PM
My wife does the laundry most of the time. It all gets washed together.

Ruth
11-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Any of my girlie stuff that is machine wash goes in with the general wash. Nearly all my lingerie is handwash and I don't like to ask my wife to do that - she doesn't expect me to do hers!

Keely
11-11-2007, 02:34 PM
I usually do most of the laundry. Just finished a load of whites. Among other things I had 8 pairs of socks and 1 male undie, what was I wearing the rest of the time? :heehee:

ColleenCD
11-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Growing up I learned to do my own laundry. Early in our marraige I did our laundry or we shared the task. Now, my wife does the laundry and anything I need cleaned, she does without comment. ( I love that!)

Colleen

Paula G
11-11-2007, 07:44 PM
My wife does all the laundry in the house, but my femme things I do myself. It wouldn't be fair to ask her to do them for me, even though she is accepting of my dressing.

Karen A
11-11-2007, 09:47 PM
I live alone so I wash my guy and girl cloths tougher.