PDA

View Full Version : Funny Moment Whilst Buying Perfume Today

Girly Sara
10-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Hi there girls n guys!

Had quite a funny experience in a perfume outlet this afternoon (The Perfume Shop here in the UK) which i want to share with you.

Me and girlfriend Michelle walked into the shop and was immediately met by a young, enthusiastic female SA who asked if she could help us. I asked if they had a particular type of perfume. The SA said "Who is it for?" Didn't really think this was relevant but i said "it's for me, instead of my girlfriend for a change!" lol At this point it was quite obvious she hadn't had this type of experience before! lol She looked at me quite wide-eyed and said "OK" (with quite a flustered, nervous look) and proceeded to give me a perfume tester to try. As i was sniffing the perfume, the SA was busy taking an interest in my french-manicured nails and looking at my girlfriend. My girlfriend then joked "I may buy some aftershave for myself!" lol

I think the SA was a bit nervous and wasn't thinking straight as she was then asking me if i'd be interested in trying a men's aftershave? I politely said "No thanks"

Anyway, i bought a nice perfume set, thanked the SA for her help and then walked out.

The fun us girls have when out shopping, huh? lol (shame i wasn't enfemme though) Anyone else got a funny or general shopping experience to share with us all.

Sara x

charllote34
10-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Ha Ha thats very funny!! oh well if enough of us do it, it want be such a shock for the poor SA !!

Katelyn
10-10-2007, 02:23 PM
LOL. That's funny! :lol2: Thanks for sharing.

Marla S
10-10-2007, 02:39 PM
LOL. Funny. Thanks for sharing.

I once was asked what I want for my birthday. I said that there is particular perfume I'd like to have, the women's scent of it.
What did I get ? The men's scent :straightface:

It is one of the big mysteries to me why there have to be men's and women's perfumes.
There are scents you like and those that you don't like.
Is this gender specific ?
If so, why isn't there a strict separation of men's food and women's food ? There are partly the same receptors involved, finally.

I don't have to understand this, have I ?

Brianna Lovely
10-10-2007, 04:25 PM
It is one of the big mysteries to me why there have to be men's and women's perfumes.
There are scents you like and those that you don't like.
Is this gender specific ?

The chemicals put out of the skin, by men and women, are different. So, the same fragrence will not smell the same on a man as it does on a women.
Also, cultural eating habits can influence what oils/sweat/waste toxins, are emmited by the skins pores and this will effect the same parfume on different women.

I went to a Macy's store, to the Christian Dior counter, for some parfume. I sampled the J'Adore and loved it (I was in drab at the time). The SA asked if there was anything else I was interested in and I told her about my makeup problem, in hiding the redness on my cheeks. She tried several different things, then gave me samples of the ones that worked best. She told me that they were having a sale on the J'Adore line and I ended up gettong three dofferent size bottles, for the price of one.
She gave me her card and said to come in anytime, if I had more makeup questions. A wonderful woman, for sure.

Marla S
10-10-2007, 04:38 PM
The chemicals put out of the skin, by men and women, are different. So, the same fragrence will not smell the same on a man as it does on a women.
Don't know if this is gender specific or rather specific to the individual, but according my experiences men's perfumes smell usually like a sharp cleanser or rotten leather on men's and women's skin, whereas flowery fragrances remain flowery whether worn by men or women, though the scent might differer a little bit from individual to individual.;)

Just imagine that you want to buy a bread and you get ask: For a man or a woman ?
For men we have the tartly with mold, for women we have the sweet with honey.
That is the same degree of absurdity like for fragrances IMO.

Staci
10-10-2007, 09:29 PM
A few weeks ago my wife and I were traveling and we will usually treat ourselves to something fun. This time we decided to buy some shoes or boots. I found a gorgeous pair of brown suede knee high boots with 3" heels. She found a nice pair of sandals. Now her sandals are size 6 and my boots are size 12. I took them to the counter and the sales girl takes out the shoes first and says 1 pair of size 6 shoes. Then she takes out the boots and says something like Hmmm size 12. A size 6 and a 12. Have fun. My wife thought it was funny. The girl clearly knew the boots were for me. I called to my wife to let her know I was done and she joined me. We both looked at the sales girl and gave her a big smile. It's kind of fun when you know they know it is for you.:heehee:

Billijo49504
10-10-2007, 10:13 PM
I tolds he SA at the Lancome counter, that the Hypnose was for me. She just went ahead and gave me a sample to try, from the tewter. Then I told her, I'd take two sets, one for me and one for my lady. She didn't know what to say, other than thank you...BJ

DeeInGeorgia
10-10-2007, 10:49 PM
The Monday night of Southern Comfort Conference, I was going home from the mixer dressed in drab because I had come from work to go to the mixer, and I stopped at a Walgreens store to pick up a different color eye shadow. I made my selection and headed to the checkout counter. The female checker who was in her 20's sadi "You're getting some makeup" and I replied with a smile "Doesn't everybody?" She said jokingly "Really?" and I replied "Well if you saw my ID you would see why I need makeup. I then pulled out of my wallet a GA state ID fith my fem picture on it and showed the picture to the girl. She go this "What did I do " look on her face. I paid and left with a smile on my face.

Dee

vivianann
10-11-2007, 12:18 AM
womens perfume smell great on me, That is what I wear all the time, I do not like mens cologne, my ex used to get mad because the fragrances would smell good on my skin and not good on hers, it was funny how the chemicals in our bodies would react so different to the perfumes when we would try them

Girly Sara
10-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks for all the responses, girls! It's always interesting to hear other people's experiences :happy:

Sara x