PDA

View Full Version : Order of operations

Allana_Hamilton
10-10-2007, 03:57 PM
This may have been asked and answered before, but I need some advice on what order I should follow when getting made up and dressed.

I'll be wearing a wig and glue-on nails, so I need to factor those in too.

Thanks!

Melissa Anne
10-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi Allana,

I don't think there are any set rules but I always put my nails on very last. It's just easier since I don't have long nails all of the time and it takes me a while to get used to them. I think it is easier to put on makeup and clasp my bra together without having my nails on. It is also MUCH easier to put on pantyhose or stockings without them on. I used to put the nails on first and I can't tell you how many times that I ruined a pair of perfectly good pantyhose:mad: with my nails or had a nail pop off while trying to pull up my hose. For me it's just easier to do them after everything else, including my wig, is on. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Melissa

Rita B
10-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Melissa is right. Nails should go on last, after the wig, and after the lipstick, and after a nice glass of Beringer!

Rita B

Allana_Hamilton
10-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Melissa is right. Nails should go on last, after the wig, and after the lipstick, and after a nice glass of Beringer!

Rita B

I was planning to have a cosmo to reward myself for getting it altogether!

Billijo49504
10-10-2007, 09:23 PM
If you put on the good clothes, before the makeup, put a towel around your neck, like a bib. That way you won't get makeup on your good clothes....BJ

Joann0830
10-11-2007, 01:52 AM
I used to do theatrical makeup and Tristen actually quoted what we had for a sign that we put up for the Ladies in plays and shows. Nails are last because,Nails poke holes, scratch, pop off and also remember nail color(Polish) smudges, Just make sure that you wash those hands good to keep the fine powders off your nails before we have to apply the artificial nails or they dont stay on. Joann0830:heehee:

monika40
10-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Shower and shave. Deoderant and perfume. Bra, forms, panties, pantyhose. Make-up. Blouse skirt/jeans. Wig. Nails. Shoes. Out the door.:heehee:

MsJanessa
10-11-2007, 05:34 AM

Rita B

Absolutly right----if you have ever tried to put on clothes or false eyelashes with long fingernails you know what we are talking about.

erickka
10-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Yeah! Monika's got the system down pat! That's my order, also.

Denise Somers
10-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Great question Allana,

The way monika from Las Vegas laid it out is very easy to follow. The only thing I'd change is putting on the shoes last since a freshly-pressed-on or just-glued-on nail might chip or come off as you push the strap through the clasp that are found on so many women's shoes. I'd do the nails last, polish them the color you want, hop in your car, and let them dry as you drive towards your event. The last Halloween party I went to I had really long nails and actually did them in the bathroom where I changed since I went to the event right from work. If you're at home then I'd do them there and let them completely set and dry in the car.

Denise Somers

"Mary"
10-11-2007, 12:38 PM
If one wears a corset, it may be best to put in any shoes that require ties or buckles before tightening the corset.

Diana