PDA

View Full Version : Halloween tips

Veronica 1
10-10-2007, 09:00 PM
With Halloween coming I was trying to think of something dramatic, and remembered an old movie and screen star who would be perfect, if I could pull off the dress and makeup.
I guess that if anyone should have any halloween dressing tips, it would have to be Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. Here is what I found. Click on Fun House and scroll down to beauty tips.
(I really wish I could wear the first costume. :sad: )

http://www.elvira.com/

LisaElizabeth
10-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Ronni,
'Elvira' isn't too hard, IF (BIG IF!!!) you are thin enough to begin with.
A tight corset, a padded 'pushup' bra, a little silicone enhancement, some MAJOR hair removal and 'Viola!!'
Instant Elvira, with just a little work, a lot of hair removal and hours spent trying to perfect your makeup!! lol
Have a lot of fun!!
Lisa Elizabeth (Still too large to even try elvira...)

kassandra richard
10-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Well paint me red and call me embarassed. I had no idea that Elvira's alter ego was Cassandra Peterson. Wrong spelling, but that's okay :) She is drop-dead gorgeous in either persona, but I'm really smitten by Cassandra. Then again, I have a thing for redheads.

Kassandra

MJ
10-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Ronni,
A tight corset, a padded 'pushup' bra, a little silicone enhancement, some MAJOR hair removal and 'Viola!!'
Instant Elvira, with just a little work, a lot of hair removal and hours spent trying to perfect your makeup!! lol
Have a lot of fun!!

maybe next year IF :---
a . i lose another 100 pounds
b . i find a tight enough corset
c . MAJOR hair removal ....DONE already
d . Makeup no problem

now that the Canadian Thanksgiving is over with and Christmas around the corner if i don't eat anything ...then buy next Halloween i should be perfect ... or become one of the skeletons :tongueout

MarinaTwelve200
10-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Dont forget Elvira's "inspiration"---VAMPIRA She might be eaisier for a CD to do than Elvira.----He THIN waist might be a problem though.

Charleen
10-11-2007, 06:38 PM
the thing with Elvira is the cleavage! I don't think that any adolescent male knows what her face looks like! Vampira would be easier as she was not that well endowed.
Piece of trivia-Vampira sued Elvira for infringment claiming that Elvira ripped off her look. She lost.

MJ
10-11-2007, 07:13 PM
the problem is Vampira has a tiny waist there is no chance there lol

Veronica 1
10-11-2007, 07:59 PM
No kidding. There is no way in the world that I could pull off a 17" waist. :eek: Elvira's cleavage is another problem but with a little tape, my sillycone forms (Just got them tonight :D) and a bit of creative makeup I will have to do my best attempt. My other concern is the wig, don't want to buy one for a one time use and hate cheap costume wigs.

MarinaTwelve200
10-11-2007, 08:51 PM
No kidding. There is no way in the world that I could pull off a 17" waist. :eek: Elvira's cleavage is another problem but with a little tape, my sillycone forms (Just got them tonight :D) and a bit of creative makeup I will have to do my best attempt. My other concern is the wig, don't want to buy one for a one time use and hate cheap costume wigs.

Why not wear TWO wigs? A shorter up high, style atop a long wig. Either wig would be useful on its own, but together they could emulate Elvira's style. That way you have wigs you can use any time when Elvira is no lnger needed.

Veronica 1
10-11-2007, 09:07 PM
That is a thought. It would give me a variety of looks and would not cost tooo much on ebay.

Daphne Renee
10-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I probably could be elvira. Although it would take some work. I think elvira is probably taller than me. Maybe some really high heels might work. After Halloween though I still need to walk so thats probably not such a good idea. :)

Melissa Pink
10-13-2007, 09:04 AM
I have dressed up as Elvira for Halloween. The fun part was wearing an ample set of falsies. The time I did it I wasn't going out dressed up except for Halloween and Mardi Gras. I was very a very naughty Elvira and had a great time.

docrobbysherry
10-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Ronni,
Have a lot of fun!!

Those r all pretty easy for me except; she has about a 10" neck, and I'll have to make a special Elvira face. I have more corsets than fingers!
myspace.com/robertsherry
RS