PDA

View Full Version : Merill Norman store went out of their way for my makeover!!

Katelyn
10-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone!I thought I'd share this story with you. I got my first professional makeover yesterday and the store owner & SA went way out of their way to give me that makeover. First off, i'll give you a little background: I live in a small city where you get to know quite a few people. Also, in the line of work I'm in, I can't exactly be found out. With that said, I took a risk going to the ONLY place here. A local TG friend convinced me to go and she went too for support. (Thanks Marsea!) The store closed at pm, and the owner arranged it so I could go in at closing time. I then got my makeover done. The SA was so nice! I felt comfortable. I then put on my wig to see how I looked. Marsea said I looked great. Then came the sad part. I had to take it all off because I went in guy mode:sad: Anyways, i bought $160.00 US worth of makeup, and they also made an additional $60.00 from my friend. I also gave a small tip to the owner and SA as a token of my appreciation for what they had done. in short. It was wonderful. BTW, As soon as I dress up again, I'll post pics either here or on a new thread in the Pic and Vid gallery.

Chloe Jean
10-11-2007, 03:23 AM
Clarissa

Sounds like you had a wonderful time dear!! Where is this store? I'm a planning to get a professional makeover real soon. Just waiting for the cooler weather- like you i can't afford to be outed. Want to have very smooth body-
arms, chest, legs (nylons make girl's legs look very sexy). My femmy desires are getting stronger all the time- all I think about lately is getting dolled up.
Looking forward to seeing ypur pics- When I finally get madeover I plan to add pics too.
Hugs
Chloe

Katelyn
10-11-2007, 03:35 AM
Each store is privately owned. Here's the website. Go to store locator to see if one's nearby. All these stores like MAC, Clinique, Mere Norman, Etc. are all really expensive, so be prepared. I paid $160.00 for just foundation, blush, 2 dual color eyeshadows, mascara, eye liner, lipstick and 3 brushes. Good luck! :hugs:

morgan51
10-11-2007, 07:17 AM
I went to a MerleNorman store in Billings Montana and was highly impressed by the sa there I was treated with utmost respect and helpfulness I would highly recomend them. Morgan:happy:

Karan
10-11-2007, 07:21 AM
My experince with Merle Norman has been very positive.

uknowhoo
10-11-2007, 07:22 AM
:cheer: YAY Clarissa :cheer:

I'm so happy for you! What a lovely experience!

Thanx for posting. We'll look forward to seein' the pics. ;)

xoxo

Tammi

S. Lisa Smith
10-11-2007, 01:41 PM
I love Merle Norman!!! I have never had a problem with the ones in my neck of the woods. But...since they are individually owned, it is always best to check first. You will always drop some cash, but to me, it's really worth it!!!

caryn m
10-11-2007, 02:16 PM
i was in a merle norman store in buffalo ny (in drab) in march with my wife, she was getting a few items, and the sales person jokingly (i think) asked me what she could get for me? on a whim is said how about a foundation to match my skin type, so she spent about 10 minutes matching my skin tone and upselling me some loose powder to go with it. it was really nice how she looked after us. but i think my wife was embaressed but she got over it and it was a really great experience. caryn

Kim_Bitzflick
10-11-2007, 05:27 PM
I had the same type of experience with my Merle Norman store.

I guess they realize a sale is a sale.

Katelyn
10-11-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm really glad to hear that others have had a great experience too. I know there are other places out there that do the same, but I know that I'll probably go back there in the future for more stuff.

Jodi
10-11-2007, 08:52 PM
That does not surprise me. I got my first makeover at a Merle Norman boutique. The owner was super. She is now out of business. Had something to do with her divorce and the property settlement.

I only know of one instance where a Merle Norman boutique refused to serve cd's. That is the one on Peach Street in Erie. I don't know if it is still there. The owner didn't realize just how much business she could have done with Erie Gala being there and the Erie Sisters being in town.

Jodi