PDA

View Full Version : Less is more

noname
10-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Ever heard the term less is more. It rung true today. I was quite tired and we decided to eat out. Being as I was tired I wore regular boot cut jeans, black turtle neck and mascara. Ok, foundation as well, but not noticable. I thought about doing my hair up but thought, nah... I'm tired just part it and pull it behind the ears.

We were seated when our server says, how you ladies doing tonight. I exclaim, I'm a guy actually. Granted my hair kinda curls a bit in the back as I've started growing it out. He said he's made that mistake a few times since he's moved here from the south. No problem I said, I'm not that conventional anyway. I could tell he felt horrible. Fast forward and I go to use the restroom, returning to my table a server came around with food and nearly ran into me. Excuse me mam, he says.

I proved to me what I've always suspected, being that guys and girls appearances aren't really all that different. How often have we heard saying like, skirts don't look good on guys, men shouldn't wear makeup, or guys look good in short hair? It also goes to show that less can be more.

Anyone had anything similar happen to them?

Marla S
10-11-2007, 04:14 AM
I've already written it elsewhere. Actually I got my first ma'am and my most evil insult when I expected it the least. Aka when I've worn all male outerwear (except shoes) and only a touch of maskara.
Was even more surprising, considering I am quite balding (:Angry3:). In that, yes, less is more.:D

Eugenie
10-11-2007, 07:15 AM
It only happens to me when I'm on the phone. I'm often called "Maam" because of my rather high pitched voice.

I'd like however to expand a bit on the subject of your thread "Less is more".

I've noticed that as I was making progress in my x-dressing I was using less and less makeup and less elegant skirt, at least skirts adapted to the activity I was intending to do rather than ones which would look good but would not be adapted to the spirit of the moment.

I discovered then that with "less" artifices, I was passing better...

So indeed, "Less is more" if one wants to act as a basic GG...

:2c:
Eugenie