PDA

View Full Version : An interesting name situation

Andrea84MN
10-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey to everybody,

It's been a while since I've posted here, or even read this forum on a regular basis. I think that mostly has to do with being busy with school and other reasons...

Anyways, the reason I'm posting now is I've started a new relationship with a girl. She's the first girl I've been interested in since I broke up with my last gf in April. Unfortunately part of the reason the last one ended is because of my cd.

But this new girl is super special and I like her a lot. The interesting situation is that her name is the name I call myself when I dress up. This made for some funny comments from my friends. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and what did you do. I really like the name Andrea but it's awkward sometimes when I'm talking to my friends. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hugs,
Andrea

Laurengrl01
10-11-2007, 10:20 PM
I take it that Andrea does not know about Andrea... if that is the case, I would find a way to discuss this. Although it sounds like you already lost one gf, which seems to indicate that you at least were able to have that (CD) discussion... and that is more than I can say about myself (accolades 2 U). Believe me (after 24 yrs. of marriage) this should be discussed (B4 serious dating/marriage). I didn't think, at the time, that CDing would be part of my life anymore; but I was wrong and this has caused tremendous guilt.
Best wishes with the new gf.
- Lauren

Ðarissa
10-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Hi Andrea.

Good luck with the new GF. Lets hope she is ok with your CD'ing. *crosses fingers*

trannie T
10-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Kindly tell her that the name "Andrea" is in use and she will have to change hers. I am sure she will understand.

docrobbysherry
10-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Kindly tell her that the name "Andrea" is in use and she will have to change hers. I am sure she will understand.

This could be the topic of discussion when u invite her over, and surprise her at the door wearing your full regalia!
Andrea, that's a joke! Or maybe we should call u Drea, from now on.
RS

bobi jean
10-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Good luck sweety but until you do have that talk with her, try not to answer when someone calls her by name, while you are with her