PDA

View Full Version : How many CDs ? Help for the researchers

Marla S
10-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Nobody knows how many CDs are there.
Some of the scientific approaches to find that number are a bit obscure to me.

It might help them if we bring up some creative methods to determine the number of CDs.

My suggestion

Number of high heels sold per year in size 12 and larger
divided by
Number of men with shoe size 12 (US W) and larger
equals approximately
Percentage of MTF CDs:D

(Assumption: On the average every CD buys one pair of heels per year, some more, some less, some don't).

What's your suggestion ?

MJ
10-11-2007, 07:05 PM
first problem is in mens shoes i take a size 8 !! now add 2 you get my size in womans shoes ...so i got small feet sorry lol

Marla S
10-11-2007, 07:07 PM
That's why I wrote "12 (US W)"
Meaning US size 12 Women's scale.

sterling12
10-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Ah, but I wear a 9 1/2! So, I wouldn't be included. All we would have is a survey of CD's with large feet!

The simple answer: NOBODY KNOWS HOW MANY! We get lots of speculation but since we aren't part of the census data, it's very hard to predict.

My only idea is perhaps we could do a survey of Emergency Rooms all over The Country and World. "Please give us the average number per 100 male visits to The E.R. where the patient has been rendered immobile or unconscious, and is found to be wearing one or more articles of feminine clothing." This would make an assumption that all males wearing any type of Female garment are somewhere within The TG Spectrum. Yes, I know it's a stretch but, might be all the data we could gather.

Otherwise, go back to my Support Group's completely unscientific assumption. We figure for each one of us, out and attending a meeting, each Tri-Ess Gurl probably represents about 50,000 non-participants, who will never leave the bedroom.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Brianna Lovely
10-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Well, I wear a 11 W-US (so did my ex-wife, giggle).

Ok, on a serious note...........how many pairs of panties, size 5+ are sold in the USA?

Hmmm, how about this one, how many lipsticks are sold per year, not counting black, that's for goths.
(Ducking), we all know that GGs don't use lipstick, anymore, giggle.

Marla S
10-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Ah, but I wear a 9 1/2! So, I wouldn't be included. All we would have is a survey of CD's with large feet!

Well, I wear a 11 W-US (so did my ex-wife, giggle).

Yep it excludes those with smaller feet, but it also excludes the vast majority of GGs, which is the point of choosing size 12.
Other than that I'd be surprised if the percentage CDs with shoe size smaller than 12 would differ from that with 12 and above, because this would mean being CD is determined by the shoe size ... would answer the Why though. :heehee:

I didn't want to open a math thread again ... but I did it again :bonk::bonk::bonk:

TxKimberly
10-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Sorry,

I'm with MJ - I wear size 9 to 10 in US Womens. Of course you knew the plan wasn't flawless!
I bet you would have better luck looking at how many wigs are sold. I don't know any women that buy wigs these days.

Veronica 1
10-11-2007, 07:43 PM
How about we take the male population of the continent and divide by the number of members on this site. Then we could estimate the number of those who are not members and come up with an educated guess.

Marla S
10-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Sorry,

I'm with MJ - I wear size 9 to 10 in US Womens. Of course you knew the plan wasn't flawless!
Of course it's not flawless, but the flaw isn't the size in the first place.
If 5 % of men are CDs it is likely that 5 % of those with size 9 and 5 % of those with size 12 are CDs. But when I chose size 9 I have a lot off GGs included in my "statistics" as well and I can't separate them from the GMs.

I bet you would have better luck looking at how many wigs are sold. I don't know any women that buy wigs these days.
Yep that could be a good measure too.

SweetCaroline
10-11-2007, 07:52 PM
How about we take the male population of the continent and divide by the number of members on this site. Then we could estimate the number of those who are not members and come up with an educated guess.

I agree. Look at the great number of posters we have. I don't think we should be the least bit concerned about the numbers or percentage of of our population.

Only that we have a population, that it's strong, and we should be proud!

(I still maintain that every man on this planet (at least in our western society) has worn an article of woman's clothing (shoes, jewelry, underthings) at least once in their life's. So let's all make fun of them!:tongueout

Tedi
10-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Shoe size? I'm a womans 11, kinda large. I recently read that Paris Hilton wears an 11. So.. it would seem this method may be flawed.
Pantie size.. I'm a 10.. so's my Mom. I see many many large posteriors out there.
IMHO... Discreetly ask as many men as possible and work the numbers. Shoes and Panties aren't going to answer the question.

Marcie Sexton
10-11-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm a 14 womens size USA...more like snow shoes...

Why if the "experts" really want to know try the direct approach...contact a legit forum, like ours, ask them to approach their members if they would be interested in participating in a survey...providing a link to the survey...

While I'm sure there would be a +/- factor that would have to be figured in, I really think that a reasonable figure could be determined.

While the general consencus is 10% +/- are transgendered. I personally think the number is a bit higher...perhaps 15-20%, which is inclusive of both genders.

For now though I see no one will to approach the transgender community, after all congress is only now looking to protect the gay/lesbian community...

I do hope and pray that some day real soon we all can come out to the world and exercise our voices much like the gay/lesbian community. Perhaps to the point where national canidates convet our voices at the polls...

Jodi
10-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Sorry,

No women buying wigs? I don't think so. My stylist began fitting and selling wigs several years ago. Many of her clients are chemo/cancer patients, but many just want a better looking hair style. She does a brisk business for being in a small city. To my knowledge, I am her only cd customer.

Jodi

DanaJ
10-11-2007, 08:32 PM
What do you count as a CDer? Does someone who dresses as the opposite sex for a play count? How about someone who dresses for Halloween (once only in their life)? Or does it have to be someone who actually does it often, or identifies with the opposite sex?

That's why these numbers you see are meaningless in my opinion. I know lots of guys who have dressed up once or have worn their wive's bra or shoes as a gag, but if a survey asked "Have you ever worn women's clothes before?" they would answer yes, but they are not CDs (well, at least within the scope of this forum).

:2c:

Sally2005
10-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Knowing the percentage would be helpful for businesses to support CDing needs.

Ways to measure it accurately? God knows...

how do you measure something that is often done undercover?

-xray machines random public locations to find the people wearing female stuff under male clothes and who are out in drag.
-credit cards, typical purchases made by males vs. CDers
-breast form sales in north america

:heehee:

SandyR
10-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Size 11 here......maybe we could look at the number of men buying PO boxes..........

SandyR

battybattybats
10-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I think it would be very useful to have a strong minimum statistic. If we can say that x% of the poulation at the least CD's/is TG and that the real figure is likely substantially greater then we have a benchmark to work from. As more come out or feel comfortable answering anonymous surveys truthfully then that number will rise.

MarinaTwelve200
10-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I think it would be very useful to have a strong minimum statistic. If we can say that x% of the poulation at the least CD's/is TG and that the real figure is likely substantially greater then we have a benchmark to work from. As more come out or feel comfortable answering anonymous surveys truthfully then that number will rise.

The shoe idea might work if compaired to the bell/bean curve. The number of women's shoes 12 or over, compaired to the smaller end of the curve---if the number of larger shoes does not fit the normal curve, then the difference, compaired with the male population would give a rough MINIMUM percentage.----The actual percentage would be higher , as some CD males would wear the smaller sizes.

Veronica 1
10-11-2007, 09:23 PM
How about an international anonymous Angus-Reid poll on it? Set up a site on the web and anyone who is interested can vote y/n

Billijo49504
10-11-2007, 09:55 PM
I too wear a size 12W. So it's a biig thing...BJ

sterling12
10-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Had another thought. It is claimed in a lot of the Literature that I've read, that Kinsey and his team were better at getting candor and truth out of The Respondents than anyone before or since.

I also seem to remember that he came up with a population figure for Crossdressers of five percent? I can't seem to remember exactly, and if anyone has his book or remembers exactly, please pass it along.

Kinsey was an acknowledged authority and The Institute did literally hundreds of thousands of interviews. I agree with Batty, we probably need to establish a baseline figure. When you point out voting power, it helps if you can pop a genuine stat on them!

I stated earlier I didn't think absolute figures are available, but quoting Kinsey at them wouldn't be a bad idea for at least a pseudo-percentage.

Peace and Love, Joanie

lmildcd
10-11-2007, 10:42 PM
This might be a better direct approach. How many woman catalog companies ship merchandise to men? This could mean the men are buying gifts for a woman or maybe not.

trannie T
10-11-2007, 10:45 PM
If there really were a lot of crossdressers I'd have a far easier time finding shoes in my size.

docrobbysherry
10-11-2007, 10:56 PM
(Assumption: On the average every CD buys one pair of heels per year, some more, some less, some don't).
What's your suggestion ?[/QUOTE]

Well, I probably buy 3 to 5 pairs of shoes a year. So, a lot of CD's like me might skew your stats. I won't tho, size 11w.
RS

kay_jessica
10-12-2007, 03:48 AM

I think Marla's point is that using the size 12 statistic is an indicative statistic.

Her assumption are
1) that there are not many women with a shoes size of 12
2) that a significant proportion of ladies shoes of size 12 are actually bought by men.
3) that the ratio of male cross dressers is consistent across the shoe size range.
4) that females only have one pair of wearable shoes (I think women tend to own significantly more wearable shoes than males)

Assumption 2 can be further refined with feedback from assumption 1, which is probably an available statistic in the shoe industry already.

I can not comment on assumption 3 other than saying logically I see not reason to dispute this assumption. However, the availability in both quantity and styles of shoes in the 3 -> 8 size range may skew the stats of publicly presenting CDs in that larger CDs may be more intimidated in trying to find "nice" shoes in their size.

As for assumption 4, GGs can you provide a "guide" figure as to how many pairs a GG normally owns.

Having said that, it is not a bad starting point. So are there any CDs in the shoe industry that can get hold of the 3 available stats that are needed to make determination. What we need is the percentage of the population of females with size 12 shoes size and corresponding male statistic, and the overall sales of size 12 female shoes.

Food for though for any budding retail statistician out there

Hugs

Kay

Deborah Jane
10-12-2007, 03:51 AM
Shall i start the ball rolling?...1...Someone has to start, or we,ll never know!!

Kelsy
10-12-2007, 05:46 AM
That's why these numbers you see are meaningless in my opinion. I know lots of guys who have dressed up once or have worn their wive's bra or shoes as a gag, but if a survey asked "Have you ever worn women's clothes before?" they would answer yes, but they are not CDs (well, at least within the scope of this forum).

:2c:

Perhaps the question should be "Have you ever worn women's clothes before and really liked it!!"

Kelsy

Kate Simmons
10-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Getting demographics on crossdresers is challenging to say the least.:happy:

Joanboy2001
10-12-2007, 07:56 AM
I' a US Women's size 11 1/2, Very hard to find.

ANother source for an estimate of the umber of us (cders) may be asking sales clerks at Lane Bryant Store what percent of the clothes and bras do they sell to men?

Joan

Drucilla
10-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Based on what I see most women wearing around here, you could just count the number of people who buy a dress. At least 90% of them must be CD'ers since women apparently have abandon wearing them !!:p

LoriNC
10-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Shall i start the ball rolling?...1...Someone has to start, or we,ll never know!!

2 and i agree