PDA

View Full Version : What's the longest time you quit dressing?

Dana Carlton
10-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Recently, I've been dressing alot. Almost everyday. In thinking back, I remember a time when I didn't dress at all. I went almost 2 years without dressing. But, once a crossdresser, always a crossdresser. Just curious as to what the longest period of time was that you didn't dress, and then went back to it?

Daintre
10-12-2007, 03:36 PM
The longest I went was about 7-8 months, I tried so hard to keep it gone, but I eventually I succumbed again. Did I have a weak will, or was the desire just to strong? I do not know. :strugglin

rose382832
10-12-2007, 04:32 PM
went 40 + years without dressing till therapist said i should try to find femme side.

Raychel
10-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Just over 10 years for me, After we got married. Up untl about 5 years ago, then I fell off the wagon and right into a pile of lingerie. :devil::devil:

Marla S
10-12-2007, 07:39 PM
went 40 + years without dressing till therapist said i should try to find femme side.
Aren't therapist usually supposed to "cure" CDing :lol2:

To answer the question. I don't know.
Maybe 1 or 2 years. Fantasizing never stopped, though.

Veronica Fallon
10-13-2007, 07:27 AM
I used to be a music road-manager/sound-tech & traveled the country in my RV for several years. Between the limited storage space & the ever-present possibility of unexpected company (inherent in RV-parks), it was very difficult to dress. So I gave it up for the first several months... or tried to anyway. All my pretty clothes were in storage many miles away & I was growing quite depressed at not being able to be myself. That's when I discovered "under-dressing"!
It kept me sane (well... sorta :silly:) until I quit the tour & gave up my home on wheels.

Peace, Luv, & Options,

Veronica

Jocelyn Quivers
10-13-2007, 07:58 AM
I think I went about 1 month when I first entered colleged, and purged my limited clothing supply.

Deborah Jane
10-13-2007, 08:08 AM
I went 4 and a 1/2 years once..But that was a while ago:heehee:

chrissycox99
10-15-2007, 05:57 PM
I quit for 12 years. I was married twice, so I gave it up.
It was a very confusing time for me. I seem more "grounded" when I can dress.

Lisa Rose
10-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Didn't answer your poll. Didn't have a place for 15-30 min, just enough time to take a shower.

Lisa Renee
10-16-2007, 11:55 PM
From the age of 15 to 19. That was the longest I have gone with out dressing.

Angie G
10-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Never quit I went for some time without dressing but never told myself I quit :hugs:
Angie

monika40
10-17-2007, 12:27 AM
I went almost 4 years without dressing. I was in the military. No privacy.:(

vivianann
10-17-2007, 01:51 AM
I quit for 11 years, to make the wife happy, I went into a deep depression, marriage failed and lost all desire for anything that I liked to do, then 2 yrs ago I dug out my femme clothes from storage, and tried them on again, so glad I did not purge. anyway after I started wearing femme clothing, I came out of my depression, and life is getting alot better. When I can not dress up enfemme, I get depressed.

Christine Andrews
10-17-2007, 02:54 AM
Around 4-6 weeks, when I half came out to my mum I felt so guilty and ashamed that I promised I would stop and never do it again. For a while that determination carried me and I didn't think about about and felt a morale boost like a weight had been lifted for about 2 weeks.

After that I began to feel unhappy and my mind began wondering back to crossdressing and for the 4 remaining weeks I became progressively more unhappy, anxious, stressed and like something was missing.

So I started again and I know deep down that my mum knows as I know she accidently found the packaging for some leggings I bought in my backpack when she put some of my college books away whilst I was at work - although I never had the nerve to approach it.

After the way I felt for 4 of those weeks, the guilt and shame I feel for crossdressing is definitely the lesser of the two stages and although self-acceptance is a big issue with me (not helped by a lack of confidence and assertiveness which I'm working on) I know I cannot quit again because for better or worse it is part of who I am and I refuse to go down that emotional path again.

Regards Kirsty Hall

traceyanne
10-17-2007, 03:10 AM
never had to quit dressing but i stopped for a couple of months when my ex found my stash, think it was through shame and guilt. one pair of lime green frilly knickers and i was back on the cd road to where i am now, and very happy at that. dont think i could stop, or even want to

Crissy Kay
10-17-2007, 07:24 AM
I took a break this last summer, for a couple months. I just did"nt feel like it, and it was very warm around here for a long time. Just started dressing again, a couple weeks ago. It felt nice, and I did start to miss it!!!!!

xxx.sabrina
10-17-2007, 07:28 AM
About 3 years or so. I totally rejected myself and threw away all my clothes! I'll NEVER do THAT again!

Suzy Harrison
10-17-2007, 08:10 AM
I didn't exactly "quit" - it was that I couldn't do it for a period of time - 6 weeks.

I felt awful during that period.

I've never felt the need to give it up, or have a purge to get rid of everthing. I've always known it is a major part of me.

Linda C
10-17-2007, 08:13 AM
I dressed often between the ages of 10 to 20 then I became a ski bum - so I barely dresses in my twenties - did it a little in my early thirties. So I went with/out for more than 10 years at one point - but now I am stuck raising kids and CDing has turned out to be a great hobby - who know how much I will do it when the kids get a little older - I can walk around in front of my 1 year old and he has no clue but that is going to change soon - so who knows...:rolleyes:

Ashly
10-17-2007, 08:21 AM
...I think, it was about a week...felt sick during that time ;)

Audrey34
10-17-2007, 11:44 AM
These days, depending on my mood; I dress at least once a week. When I'm in a bad mood (from late August to late September), I didn't dress at all.
-Audrey

docrobbysherry
10-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Aren't therapist usually supposed to "cure" CDing :

Marla, my therapist said, in so many words, " It's a harmless fetish, don't worry about it".

Curiously, since I discovered this site, I only dress once every week, or 10 days. Before, I was dressing every 3 or 4 days. What does this mean? I'd rather talk about it than do it now?
RS

myspace.com/robertsherry

tricia_uktv
10-17-2007, 12:38 PM
A tricky one this as I was in denial (although I knew) until I was 40. I am assuming sporadic appearances at Fancy Dress parties don't count - but even then I wouldn't very often do it because I thought people would find out that I enjoyed it. I was about 40 before I finally accepted I had to do something about it. Isn't that terribly sad?

Annie
10-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I usually dress less often in summer. Probably because I'm more busy at that time of the year and because of the heat. This year for example, I've been almost 4 months without dressing. Fall and winter are the best seasons for me to dress, try on all my leather clothes.

cdbarbara
10-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Since I started dressing about 15 years ago the longest I've stopped was 6 months when I had a new girlfriend. After the newness of the relationship wore off I wanted to dress gain. I've thrown out all my girl clothes several times over the years,but a couple of months later I was back in the womens department. Just can't stop,don't want to,should'nt have to,it's just too much fun!

shauna 9
10-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Around 5 weeks,

Dianne12
10-17-2007, 05:02 PM
When I first met my wife I was completely dressed and went to a singles dance with a crossdressing theme. She and her girlfriend were in baseball hats, jeans, and athletic shirts. Of course my friend and I were in high heals, dresses and makeup. When we decided to get married, she asked me to give up the crossdressing because she did not want to kids to find out. Well... the younges is now in college and the crossdressing has come back. Ten years later

Jordan
10-17-2007, 05:07 PM
I tried for a while but just can't seem to I love to dress up to much

CassieJ
10-17-2007, 05:58 PM
I have been wearing heels regularly for years. The dresses and skirts have been sporadic with year long gaps. I do find when my wife goes out of town, I have too much fun in her closet. Unfortunately, she is much smaller than I am. She knows and supports my activities but somehow it helps me when she is gone for a few days.