PDA

View Full Version : Trying to make space!!

Deborah Jane
10-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Hi all!! Well i,ve got a bit of time to myself this morning and thought i would try and make some space in my wardrobe and drawers by having a clearout of stuff i no longer wear. [For those that don,t know, i live apart from my ex wife, but my daughter who lives with me knows and is supportive of my c/ding]!!...The original plan was to throw some old stuff i never wear out to make room for new things, but 2 hours later all i have managed to do is try on things and keep them anyway! Does anyone else have trouble getting rid of their "girly" things, or is it just me?

Jocelyn Quivers
10-13-2007, 08:12 AM
I have some outifts that I've only worn once and that was for about 5 minutes when I first them tried on. My closet is and dresser drawers are currently overflowing. Instead of throwing items out that I rarely wear. I've determined my solution for this is to move into a bigger house with more closet space.:D

Lilith Moon
10-13-2007, 08:31 AM
I have stuff from 20+ years back. Much of it is now completely age inappropriate/unfashionable and I would never wear it in situations where others could see me...but I just can't bin it. I have too many happy memories associated with almost all of the items...just the joy of wearing them..or memories of a particular outing when i was wearing them. Just to get them out and try them on is a great trip down memory lane (yes, they do fit now I'm back down to weight), so why should I throw them out ?

This applies to the rest of my life...I have had quite a few hobbies and have stored most of the paraphernalia from them in the loft and garage...just can't bear to get rid of stuff that feels like part of me.

susie d
10-13-2007, 08:55 AM
I tried the same thing the other day with no results! I was going to sort thru things to refine my wardrobe and since you have to try everything on, it took forever and I gave up after awhile. I'll try again soon since the weather has gotten colder and try to put my summer wardrobe away, but some things are just too cute! Since I'm still in the closet those summer things are still nice to wear around the house when the woodstove gets it too hot in the winter time.....

Susie D

GypsyKaren
10-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Half the fun of getting rid of stuff is that you get to go shopping and replace it all.

Karen Starlene

Deborah Jane
10-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Half the fun of getting rid of stuff is that you get to go shopping and replace it all.

Karen Starlene

That was my original idea!! Think i,ll have to buy a bigger wardrobe 1st

Jackie67
10-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Maybe a Yard Sale so you can go shopping for new things. :heehee:

Eugenie
10-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Well, I'm also in that situation... My wardrobe is so full that it is about to "explode" :tongueout

And it isn't good for my clothes... :o

But I have a hard time throwing away my "femme" clothes... I have no such problem with my male clothes...

I have a "fetish dress" that I bought in 1980... No longer in fashion, but I just love it...

I can't even throw away some of the skirts that don't go very well for my body features :mad:

And my SO is often making comments about that wardrobe of mine :rolleyes:

I guess I will get read of some clothes....... Next time..... :heehee:

:hugs:
Eugenie

Sharon
10-13-2007, 01:10 PM
When I moved into a new house last year, I disposed of many items that had no more interest for me or were just too worn. The best of the items were donated to a charity and the remainder were tossed out. Of course, moving from a house with an overload of closet space to one with very little(at least originally) made this necessary.

Now, if I can just manage to stop buying more.

Wenda
10-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I am doing major house renovations, with an eye to selling the house later this year, so I have been putting things in storage. I am down to the essentials, 12 pairs of shoes, 3 pairs of boots, 4 wigs, 4 or 5 skirts, 3 or 4 pairs of pants, three sets of breast forms and one little drawer of lingerie. Oh, and a drawer of makeup and a box of jewellery. I have given some things to the Salvation Army that I am certain I will not wear, but mostly because they are too small. w.

trannie T
10-14-2007, 12:54 AM
"When I lose some weight those clothes will fit again so it's foolish to throw them away."

That is the mantra I have repeated every year for the past twenty years.

Deborah Jane
10-14-2007, 04:18 AM
Well i,ve done it...I,ve been brutal...I threw something out...Ok it was only 2 skirts and a pair of panties, but it,s a start!!!...Funny thing is i still haven,t gained much space!!..... Plan "B" then...Buy a bigger wardrobe!!