PDA

View Full Version : I HATE shaving my face!!!

KittyMuffin
06-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Anyone know a good way to get rid of facial hair? Not necessarily permanent for maybe keep it gone for a week or so? And by a 'good way' I mean a 'cheap way'. :) I'm a college student and I wouldn't be able to afford electrolysis... plus how would I keep it covered? I live at home with my parents. I was thinking of using the wax or tape strips that (real) women use on their legs. Will it work on beard hair?

The real problem is it's not as easy as leg shaving. Maybe it's just me but it really hurts to shave my face. I wish their was an easier way.

Chandra Marie
06-15-2004, 04:20 PM
I also hate shaving my face more the just about anything, electrics don't work and every blade I have tryed looks more like a self sacrifice then a close shave. I would love an easyer way if its out there. I'm also on a budget :)

Chandra

eleventhdr
06-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Yes I comlpletly agree with you here on this one I really hate shaving my face. If and when there would be an resonable and inexpensive way to rid yourself of this for weeks then I would surely welcome it. Anyything at all as long as it is resonable. Girls are Lucky in this way they do not have to shave there face at all unless it does become a real problem shaving your legs would be a blessing in comparison at least you could cover them up most of the time noway to do this with your face. Oh well!!.

KittyMuffin
06-15-2004, 04:59 PM
I NEVER wear shorts. I haven't for many years. I was always uncomfortable about it. Not because I shaved them back then but I just didn't liek exposing myself there. I guess I subconsciously felt feminine there and I didn't want kids to laugh at me (but really nobody would have noticed anything).

Darby
06-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Try one of the "protected" three bladed feminine razors. I usually shave in the shower after being in the hot water for a few minutes and my face is like a babies butt (after I shave of course. LOL! If your getting razor burns, get some after shave gel and put it on immediately after you splash your face with cold water.

KittyMuffin
06-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Thank you Darby and it's nice to meet you! I have used Schick Intuition and it's the best that I have used (although still hurts). It has three blades with soap stuff around it. The only problem with the design is that the soap gets used up after about three uses and it's quite expensive to buy new, plus the replacement is the soap-and-blades as one unit.

jenny_k78
06-16-2004, 01:37 AM
In a few weeks I will be parting with my goatee because we return to our regular, monthly weekend drills. I haven't been able to see how I look with one with being in the military and have had the last couple months off and decided to take the opportunity. Who knows when and if the chance will arise in my continued service. I am wanting to see what my fem side looks without it but am dreading the first few days after, having not shaved it for so long. I might just post a before and after pic...... I'll see when the time gets here. :rolleyes: