PDA

View Full Version : Wigs with hair pieces...

Darby
06-15-2004, 07:05 PM
I have about 25 wigs that Iove the style/colors of but lately I have been "adding" to them by wearing a clip or long claw hair piece all the way up to a 3/4 hair piece on top of a given wig. Hey, I LOVE hair! Any of you girls do that too?
Sometimes, with the right dress... mmmm! Please let me know.
Darby

Shy Charlotte
07-13-2004, 02:22 AM
Hmm, never occurred to me that I could add on to a wig with those jaw, clippy, hair, um, to wig, thingies, uh, on your head... um, you know what I'm talking about. I should try that out. Maybe be able to squeeze a little more life out of the wigs I have.

Oh, btw kudos on your new 'do Darby. Look great, as always.

Darby
07-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Just wondering. Does the addition of the hair piece or clip make it harder to keep the wig from shifting? If so how to you secure the wig?

I REALLY into hair and I'd love to try this but I have no idea how.

Thanks!

Erica,
Darby here. I'm sorry I didn't go back to check on my question about adding to wigs until now! Also, I LOVE (not yelling) you picture you truely are a beautiful person!!!
I'm really into hair myself. Adding to wigs has been done for a long time (I shoot models and do fashion shooting) and have tried it recently myself. With the claws and clips there are no worries if your wig is a good fit to start. When I add a 3/4 hairpiece to an already long wig it really adds more weight and bulk so I just add a few bobby pins in the hair to keep it connected. My wig lady said for me to criss cross a pair of bobby pins on my head before I put the wig on and then hook the bobby pins from the wig into the ones you have criss crossed on your head. The really lock it in. It works great and I love the feeling of extra long hair!
Well have to go,
Love, Darby