PDA

View Full Version : One small step = One giant leap

MWCMDarlene
11-10-2008, 06:49 PM
As some of you may know from other posts and replies, my wife is unaccepting of my CDing, but does tolerate it to a small extent (out of sight, out of mind---don;t want to know).

Anyway, for about the last 12-18 months, I have brought my panties from out of hiding and put them in the drawer with my other underwear. When I do wear my panties and discard them in the clothes hamper, she leaves them there, refusing to wash them. So, on Fridays, I do the towels and wash all my panties then. Sometimes, I don't get them all dried or folded and put away by the time she gets home. When that happens, she leaves them out on the sofa, or puts them in my basket of "things to do", but will not put them away.

Well, this past Friday, I had washed 3 or 4 pair and dried and folded them, but was not able to put in the drawer, so they were left out on the sofa with all of the towels I had washed, dried and folded. Went to a football game Friday night, and when I returned home, they were all gone. I thought, "Oh great. She's flipped out and threw them all in the trash." However, when I awoke Saturday morning, showered, and went to the drawer to get underwear, there they were, neatly folded and put away, just as f I had done it myself!

It may seem like a little step for most of you, but for me, that is one giant leap towards more toleration and acceptance.

MJ
11-10-2008, 08:19 PM
then you should do something to show your appreciation for her small gesture towards you.

ColleenW
11-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Enough small steps will get you where you want to be:)

Bethany_Anne_Fae
11-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Darlene, that is the awesome! and yes... now its your turn to do something appreciative for her ;)

*hugs*

Zarabeth

Teri Jean
11-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Darlene, I agree with MJ. Do something nice for her and let her know how much you appreciate her for being helpful. Small steps are the beginning of a long journey.
Huggs Keli

Kelly DeWinter
11-12-2008, 11:50 PM
You spent the time writing here when you should have done something for her ! Where's my ruler, you are so going to get your palms whacked !

Angie G
11-13-2008, 01:52 AM
Yes Darlene now do something nice for her.:hugs:
Angie