PDA

View Full Version : Mid life crisis in both genders

Kerrylee61
11-10-2008, 08:25 PM
I was talking to my shrink one session about what I perceived as my journey through the much talked about "Mid Life Crisis" thing. My comment that it really sucks having to go through a mid life crisis in both genders really got his attention. First he just had to laugh then he though about it and realized that I was serious. Lets just say the discussion got really interesting from the rest of that session.

Has anyone else out there had the same feelings?

Kerry Lee

Teri Jean
11-10-2008, 11:08 PM
My midlife crisis came with the loss of my wife and I'm still dealing with that. But that also opened the door for my CDing more openly. Since then I have dealt or dealing with both and it can be confussing but there are a lot of girls here to help and they have. Huggs Keli

StaceyJane
11-10-2008, 11:43 PM
I asked my therapist if I was going through a mid-life crisi withthe CDing and other gender issues she said no. I have always been a CD and everything else is a lot more complicated than a mid-life crisis.

LilSissyStevie
11-11-2008, 12:10 AM
My wife said to me, "When some men go through their midlife crisis they get a cute young chick, In your case, you want to be one." :heehee:

Billie_P
11-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Time for a convertible... Beetle.

noeleena
11-11-2008, 12:27 AM
hi... Stevie. is that a tonge in cheek saying there ..... to be a chick ....he he ..... for me at 61 i dont think so just being a women is good enough for this kid ..... ...noeleena...

sometimes_miss
11-11-2008, 06:11 AM
I'm not sure you'd call it a midlife crisis; but a few years after my divorce, I realized that there was no way I would ever have a normal family, and probably never have a wife who loves me for everything I am. Remaining alone, or the very idea of remaining in the closet deceiving a woman about who I am made me very depressed. So rather than continue to suppress the desire to dress up, I decided to embrace it. My desire is to be a beautiful female. Seeing as much of it is caused by a desire for affection, not sex (at least not with a man, anyway), there is no way SRS would fix that; you can't change a huge male into a svelte, pretty female. Just isn't going to happen. And I have absolutely no reason to desire to be a homely, middle aged person who was obviously once a male, but had surgery to have his parts changed to female, which is what I would always easily be seen as. Although, I can kind of understand guys who do it. Once we reach a certain point in our lives where things just aren't ever going to get any better, maybe we came out to our families and no one really accepts us, it may feel like we have nothing to lose, so we go for it all. At least part of it will be fun, and if that's something that's been lacking in our life for a long time, it may very well seem like something we'd like to try. After all, they do say to try everything once. And once we see no future use for our male parts, hey, why not.

Miss Tessa
11-11-2008, 06:18 AM
For me it's not midlife because I haven't got there.

I shouldn't even be living still, I should have died many times over.
I been shot with a rubber bullet in a Black Bloc protest. I've been shot by guy in a drug deal gone bad, and shot once more in the foot by my own self on purpose for some stupid reason..

I've OD'd countless times.

But I do feel your pain. Because I feel that living life as a mixed gendered person/third gender/TS girl is extra difficult because I often feel things would be MUCH easier if I was BORN a boy or BORN a real girl.

So just wondering what it's like to be a "REAL" gender is what's painful for me.

Kate Simmons
11-11-2008, 06:40 AM
Well, I officially came "out" at 54. My "crisis" was that I realized that most of my life I hadn't been able to express myself and my feelings fully. There seemed to be a restriction as to my willingness to accept these feelings and not be afraid of them. This created no shortage of difficulties in respect to my relationships with my family and friends in that I didn't have a problem with it but they did. They seemed unwilling to accept this "change" in me. Actually nothing had changed but I was now doing things openly as opposed to doing them in secret.

After the initial "pink surge" I got down to the business of really discovering who I was. This in essence stripped everything down and I had to start from "square one". When most of this work was completed and I had balanced and integrated the feelings I realized it was not so much what I looked like as it was who I was as a genuine person that really made the difference. The truth is I am both and neither and can fulfill either role as needed. My crisis was a necessary evil in that it helped me to discover who I really was.:)

Kerrylee61
11-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Life is a journey as they say, not a destination and I have at age 61 pretty much accepted that I am who I am and that's that. Fortunatly for me I have a wonderful wife who is supports me and accepts the dualaty of my personality. We've been married 37 years and has know about Kerry Lee for the last 15 of those years. I'm one of the lucky ones!

Interestingly enough, I haven't been out and about or even dressed for over 5 years. Not that the urge isn't there, it's just that I feel that no matter how good I look, it's still matronly and that doesn't cut it for me.

If I can't be the Diva so to speak then I don't want to be anything. That having been said, I do still wear my girly underthings on a daily basis and generally wear nylons in drab mode. Earrings always and my hair is long and wavy. So things are ok... what more can one ask in life.

Hugs
Kerry Lee

Janie Gunn
11-11-2008, 11:46 AM
My wife said to me, "When some men go through their midlife crisis they get a cute young chick, In your case, you want to be one." :heehee:

Well then, if 'mid-life crisis' is getting a cute young chick, then bring it on!!
:D where's my crisis then! :D

Janie

amber 07
11-11-2008, 11:51 AM
I agree with Stevie's wife. It would really be a drag (pun intended)to gow into an old man and look at yourself in the mirror every morning. Now I can look into the mirror when I want, and see a startling transformation. Being accepted as who I am by my Sherrie has transformed me into someone who looks forward to every new day with a heightened sense of excitement, thinking of where this new found freedom will take me. Happy Hugs to all, Amber

Nadia-Maria
11-11-2008, 12:09 PM
My mid-life crisis has been my divorce, a very conflicting one. It has been also the best opportunity to grow and beautify.

I became an adult, much wiser and much happier as well. Now I am happy en couple with my SO, and as a TGirl enjoying her gender gift and freedom as well.

Kisses

marny
11-11-2008, 11:57 PM
mature and good looking ty! too old to be young any more :eek:

Karren H
11-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Well I always thought of my crossdressing as my guy side's mid-life crisis... But now that I think about it... playing ice hockey a couple times a week is really his mid-life crisis.... and she either hasn't had one yet or because she can lie about her age... she will never get to that mid-life age... Yeah... and I'm having too much fun in both genders to have a mid-life crisis!!! :)

Nikki A.
11-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Like Keli-H my turning point (not a crisis per-se) was also the death of my wife. It has led me to really explore who I really am and what I want to do for the rest of my life. Right now it has given me the courage and the opportunity to go out in public and be me. I've met a few of you and thank you all for your encouragment.