PDA

View Full Version : If you'd had the internet when you were younger..

jenncrosser
11-10-2008, 10:07 PM
I think the internet is such a transformative thing. I know If I had the internet when I was out of high school, and out of my parents house, I probably would be different now. I lived with roommates for many years, but after they all crapped on me, I decided I'd have my own place.
Well, needless to day, I went shopping from time to time. I loved to dress up when I was at home, but that's all I did, and I didn't do it often enough.

If I had this forum and so many ways to connect with others who shared the same interest, I might have gone out and, in fact, may have considered going full time female. I love wearing panties that much. In fact, I might not have any male undies now, but that isn't in my current realm of possibilities. If not, I am sure I would have gotten the nerve to shop more openly, instead of slinking around and quickly picking out some panties and maybe the first dress I found in my size (a 10 at the time, I do miss those days). I would have probably gone out to the t-friendly clubs en femme and had a good time and meeting people.

Anyway, I would often have a lot of guilt about it and tried to suppress the desire to dress, and now I would have you all to lean on.

But I am in another situation now, and my twenties have passed and those possibilities are becoming further removed.

I am certain I would be more likely to be seen in a skirt then I am now, which is not so likely at all.

What do you girls think?

SexyLatexSamantha
11-10-2008, 10:14 PM
I agree. If I had the internet when I was starting to dress, my life may have been different. I probably would have dressed a lot more and had some different friends. This forum would have been a Godsend if it were around when I were younger.

Barbaraheels
11-10-2008, 10:22 PM
I've dressed most of my life, but my dressing really took off because of the internet. The internet didn't really start to take off until I was a teenager and I didn't even get on the internet till my late teens or early 20's. I consider myself very lucky to have discovered so many other gurls out there like me. Because of the internet I decided that I would continue to dress and stop surpressing my urges. It also has been kind of a curse for me because in a way it can be addicting!

Rachel Welsley
11-10-2008, 10:26 PM
WHAT??? none of you got your Commodore 64 online?? I was on newsgroups with K-State CDrs when I was 12.

serinalynn
11-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Yes, it would have been nice to have the internet in the late '60's and early '70's. I believe I might have :daydreaming:done a whole lot of things differently. I really never had roommates when I was younger, (I was 20 y/o in 1969) I preferred to live alone. Even then I had a few items of womens clothing that I could put on in the priacy of my own appartment.:heehee:

StayceeCD
11-10-2008, 10:42 PM
My life would have been completely different.. Who knows, I may have transitioned.. Thats not in the cards for me now though..

Kendra (Tx)
11-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I'd have to agree with Staycee...The internet proved to me that "We" are many and all over the world...If I'd had the internet when I was in my teens...I'd have probably graduated High School as Kendra and would have taken a different path through life...Who knows??? :daydreaming:

http://kendra954.com

StaceyJane
11-10-2008, 11:26 PM
If I had the internet say right after I had graduated from college I would have gotten together with other crossdressers in the Fort Worth area. I probably would have been dressing quite regularly. In fact since I lived alone I might have been fulltime except for work.
Instead I was never able to connect with anyone in my area so I suffered in silence.

Stacey :)

Lacelover
11-11-2008, 12:28 AM
It would have given me the information so that I would have figured out that I was not a freak. I would have known that there were many others just like me. The everlasting effect on my life is something that we will never know. I am glad that this site is available for all of us. It has been an oasis in the desert for me. Thanks to all who contribute.
Lacelover

charlene_d
11-11-2008, 12:32 AM
The internet has made all the difference in the world. It allows us to shop from the privacy of our own home. It allows us to be connected to other CD'ers so we don't feel so freakish.

Charlene_D

Monique L
11-11-2008, 12:46 AM
I would have had a much nicer wardrobe and a whole lot more shoes.

Clara
11-11-2008, 12:58 AM
If there wasn't Internet and this forum particularly, I am not sure I would tell my wife. And for sure I wouldn't embrace my female me as much and without any negative feelings.

Niya W
11-11-2008, 01:13 AM
looks around, graduate in 1996. Went on line in 1997. SO yeah the net help me . First a I was tranny chaser online , then I became came a tranny, well came out

Joy Carter
11-11-2008, 01:39 AM
My life would have been completely different.. Who knows, I may have transitioned.. Thats not in the cards for me now though..

Ditto's. Might have been saving my lawn mowing money, as a teen for hormones.

avril findlay
11-11-2008, 02:06 AM
Well I wouldn't have wasted so much time thinking there was something wrong with me. I'd have been able to visit a site like this and see that there are thousands of girls just like me all over the world. And of course internet shopping!

Jess_cd32
11-11-2008, 02:35 AM
Well I wouldn't have wasted so much time thinking there was something wrong with me. I'd have been able to visit a site like this and see that there are thousands of girls just like me all over the world. And of course internet shopping!

Yea so very true Avril.

sometimes_miss
11-11-2008, 06:18 AM
Not much would have changed, I don't think. My family was poor, neither parent paid much attention to me other than to punish me when my grades were bad. I don't think anyone would have allowed me to start testosterone suppressing drugs early enough to stop me from reaching my current height, although maybe I would have learned not to work out so much which would at least have prevented me from becoming so bulky. I wouldn't have been able to afford SRS either. No, sadly, I think that I still would have wound up right where I am. A mess.

Miss Tessa
11-11-2008, 06:22 AM
I used to suppress the desire to dress.

I felt guilty, and extra guilty every time I smoked marijuana because it made me paranoid.

So after quiting drugs and accepting myself I full tymed it and took those mone'z.

DeborahAnne
11-11-2008, 07:30 AM
I do think I would of taken a different line in life if I had known then what I know now. I spent about 30 years believing that there was no one else out there and that I was some sort of pervert for doing what I was doing. The great thing the Internet did for me was that in 1997 when I first got a computer and went into chat rooms and talked with others I realised that I was not alone and that was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Suddenly a great burden was taken from me and I began to live my life more as I had always wanted without the guilt feelings.

Sarah...
11-11-2008, 08:02 AM
I agree with others - I'd have found out sooner that I wasn't alone. Whether that would have enabled me to transition at the right time or not is a moot question.

Sarah...

marykrissmithcd
11-11-2008, 08:02 AM
I agree with everyone, had I had the internet things would be different. I grew up thinking I was the only one with these feelings. Going to college, no one had a computer. If by chance you had to use one, you went to the one computer lab on campus and usually restricted to 30 minutes toward your project. After 17 years, my first wife divorced me because of my cd'ing. So I spent the next couple of years alone, still no computer but they were around for $3000 at radio shack. I couldn't afford one at the time. Had I made the investment and found girls like in this forum, I would not have gotten married a second time. Instead, I remarried only to have my new wife and son move in with their computer. So I learned how to use it and guess what I found out. Surprise, hundreds of girls like myself. Since I wasn't very computer smart, my 2nd wife found an e-mail to another CD so she found out about Marianne. I'm still married after 11 years but completely in the closet. She does not accept and won't even try to learn about it or how I feel . Oh how things could have been different.

Christie ann
11-11-2008, 09:18 AM
It would have been great to see that there is a whole community of us. I spent too many years thinking that there was something seriously wrong with me...of course, I used to get more done before Internet surfing (and reading crossdressers.com) became an acceptable use of time.

ronda
11-11-2008, 09:19 AM
if i had the internet and all the info i have to day everyone would know me as ronda i know i would have had srs :battingeyelashes::)

susan fuller
11-11-2008, 09:41 AM
If I would have had the internet when I was young I would be Susan all the way today and loving every minute of it. I have always thought I should have been a woman. I feel my best when I am Susan and all dressed up. I am dressed as Susan most of the time now.

Samantha Kelsey
11-11-2008, 10:07 AM
I've been CDing for fifty years (god is it that long?) and have been out of the closet for six. I've had a PC since they came out but only in the last few months have I used it for anything to do with CDing and it hasn't changed anything.

Crystal Alberta
11-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Well, I did have the internet when I was younger. I first went online when I was in high school. I would have been about 16 at the time, dressing for three years or so. CD-related sites were among the first things that I found. Even so, I stayed in the closet. What the internet did do was let me know that I was not alone. As I look over my years of CDing, I can see that I've been lucky to avoid the denial and fits of purging that some of the other girls on this site have written about. I may not have come out to many people, and I may not go out in public (yet), but at least I have always been at peace with myself, accepting my femme side as a part of who I am.

Crystal

BillieLynne
11-11-2008, 07:33 PM
I was on Compuserve in the early 80's. My nickname was BillieTV. It was helpful back then to know there were others out there, but I was (and still am) deep in the closet!

Billie Lynne

imarocker2
11-11-2008, 09:17 PM
If this site and others like it existed in the mid 1980's, I would be a woman right now and only my hairstylist would know. But hindsight is 20/20.

Next life, perhaps.

S. Lisa Smith
11-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Things would have been different, not sure how, but I'm sure they would have been different.

Tess
11-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Looking back to when I was growing up, like 50 years ago, with a whole life in front of me, having a fully functional Internet would have changed my life. Think of it in that Back To The Future "time space continuum" thing. One little change back then could have had a major impact on the future. For me life has produced a wife, two kids, and three grandkids. A little change at the beginning and I might have blotted out five lives. Oh yeah, it would have made a difference with my CD'ing and in other areas too, maybe not for the best.

meg_dc_00
11-11-2008, 09:44 PM
When I first went college in 1993, there was no internet (besides newsgroups). In 1995, I found Transformation Magazine and I began to think I wasn't alone. In 1997, I found urnotalone (ironically), and the rest is history.

Life without the internet would suck! Its wonderful to know there are thousands of us girls out there.

Laura_Stephens
11-11-2008, 10:14 PM
If the Internet had been around when I was young, perhaps Al Gore would have been shown to be a CD -- right after he invented it.

cindybarnes
11-12-2008, 06:51 AM
I started learning how many there were like myself when I bought web tv for a couple hundred dollars. God it was slow but I didnt care.One of the sites I found while surfing was Vicki Rene's "prettiest of the pretty,,,wow !! Hundreds of cd's posting their photos. some even from my town. I got the nerve to post a pic there and it was all over,, my ego took it from there LOL
It wasnt long and I got a real computer,,found a cd chat room that had your avitar while you chatted so you had some idea who you were chatting with. Thats where I found a group of friends that would get out for girls nights out and I finally got out,,,,,, a lot LOL
Now I hardly get out much ,so if I had the internet when younger it would have given me a earlier start but I dont think much would be different

Cindy

Raquel June
11-12-2008, 11:50 AM
WHAT??? none of you got your Commodore 64 online?? I was on newsgroups with K-State CDrs when I was 12.

I got a Commodore 64 when I turned 8 in 1983 and was getting on CompuServ with a 300 baud modem back then. There wasn't much interesting on there, though. When I was 15 in 1990, that's when I got on Prodigy, and they had message boards. Then pre-Internet AOL came around, but I wasn't on there too long since they charged hourly and I ran up a $450 bill in a month and got it canceled (although my parents managed to talk their way out of most of the bill).

I took a lot of college classes when I was in high school and had pretty regular Internet access in 1992-93, but when I really started getting in touch with other weirdos was when I got broadband in my dorm in 1994 and discovered IRC.

Anyway, what a lot of people call support is really overrated and might not even be a good thing at all. Crazy people can easily find others who are as crazy as they are and encourage each other. I'm not saying that crossdressinig is one of those things, but the Internet is not the solution to everyone's problems. I have tons of fun going out, but my contacts with CDs are usually via text messages and the occasional email. These are people I would've met with or without the Internet.

Look back on the past few years of your life. How much time have you spent on the net that you can honestly say was a positive use of your time on earth? There are some great people on this forum who I really like, but the majority of time spent on the Internet isn't much better than vegetating in front of the TV.

When I first went college in 1993, there was no internet (besides newsgroups).

There were MUDs and IRC and newsgroups and gopher sites and all kinds of software flying around FTP. There was plenty Internet stuff in 1993. NCSA Mosaic (the first graphical browser) came out in April 1993, and the WWW took off pretty quickly after that.

FlygrlChristy
11-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Well I wouldn't have wasted so much time thinking there was something wrong with me. I'd have been able to visit a site like this and see that there are thousands of girls just like me all over the world. And of course internet shopping!:yt::yrtw::clap:

I couldn't have said that any better, the only thing wrong with internet shopping is the guessing, at what may or may not fit, it's such a hit or miss adventure. Somebody needs to come up with a virtual cd model, so we can try on the clothes and shoes before we order them.:daydreaming::D

Christy

trisha59
11-12-2008, 01:13 PM
I would not of had to go through the trial and error of making fake breasts:stirthepot:

Deborah Jane
11-12-2008, 02:13 PM
I wouldn,t have thought i was the only one, i would have realised it was ok and i,m sure i would have transistioned, as i often dreamed about becoming a woman when i was younger. I just didn,t know how to go about it and by the time i,d found out i was already on the path i ended up taking in life, which went nowhere :sad:

SANDRA MICHELLE
11-12-2008, 03:16 PM
I would have known that I was not the only one doing this and if I had the knowledge I have now I would have probably gone full time en-femme. My life would have been much changed.