PDA

View Full Version : Are you still a crossdresser

Shannen
11-10-2008, 11:05 PM
...if you have "transitioned"?

...if you are "on hormones"?

...if you are "full time"?

I would really like to know. Obviously, for those who have had SRS, they are no longer cross dressing when they dress in the morning...

ColleenW
11-10-2008, 11:36 PM

I would really like to know. Obviously, for those who have had SRS, they are no longer cross dressing when they dress in the morning...

I think someone who has gone this far would more likely be termed a transsexual.

trannie T
11-11-2008, 12:31 AM
We are trying to split hairs here. The most common defination of a crossdresser is one who wears the clothing associated with the opposite sex. The defination seems simple however we are a diverse lot. Instead of trying to include or exclude people in the "Crossdresser's Club" it is more important to achieve a level of self acceptance and to support the rights of all transgendered people.

Shannen
11-11-2008, 01:14 AM
... it is more important to achieve a level of self acceptance and to support the rights of all transgendered people.

Sounds good to me!

What rights are you talking about?

:hugs:

Raquel June
11-11-2008, 05:04 AM
I'm on hormones but I'm not fulltime, and I don't have a problem being associated with crossdressers on this forum.

But I've never liked the term crossdresser. Most people equate crossdresser with transvestite, and most people equate transvestite with a guy who just likes to wear women's clothes for some kind of sexual thrill.

I'd rather be called TS, TG, or even just tranny instead of crossdresser.

Nadia-Maria
11-11-2008, 09:16 AM

I would really like to know.

You are at least an ex-crossdresser. :2c:
So that you ever have been a crossdresser....:heehee:

Karren H
11-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Well according to the rule book...

Chapter 3 page 5. Paragraph 2... Your not considered a crossdresser after you have transitioned unless you meet any one of the following criteria;

a) you have a deep desire to wear male clothing and hide them away so no one knows...

b) you keep going into the mens rest room and try to use the urinal out of habit..

c) you frequent crossdressing forums and have to read threads that discuss the defniation of crossdressing to figure out if your a still a crossdresser or not!!

:D

Shannen
11-11-2008, 10:53 AM

Thanks for the clarifications so far, I've come up with a couple more...

...if you are looking for sexual experiences with "gurls" you met last week? (just to try it, ya know?)

...if someone else dresses you in girly clothes and then chains you to the wall?

MJ
11-11-2008, 01:18 PM
...if you have "transitioned"? in progress

...if you are "on hormones"? in progress

...if you are "full time"? in progress

well as debs said are you cross dressing if you wear your own cloths ? well they are mine they just look good on a gg as well as me :D

Valeria
11-11-2008, 01:47 PM

If you identify as a woman and you have transitioned (or are transitioning) to living as a woman, then no, you aren't crossdressing. It seems pretty simple to me -- it isn't "crossdressing" for a woman to wear women's clothing.

SRS and hormones aren't really the point -- those are arguably very important biomedical adaptations to make our bodies more congruent with our minds, but they don't define our gender. Full time is a useful benchmark for progress, and perhaps indicative of commitment, but part-time transitioners who are female-identified aren't crossdressing either (except when they pretend to be men). OTOH, if you aren't committed to totally living as a woman eventually, then you probably are crossdressing.

...if you are looking for sexual experiences with "gurls" you met last week? (just to try it, ya know?)

...if someone else dresses you in girly clothes and then chains you to the wall?
Looking for bisexual experiences with "gurls" has nothing to do with identity, nor does engaging in bondage games, so these don't really have anything to do with whether or not you are a crossdresser.

You are at least an ex-crossdresser.
Lots of people transition without having ever been crossdressers, just as lots of people crossdress without ever deciding to transition...

Nicki B
11-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Cross-dressing comes from two old English words, "cross" meaning cross and "dressing" meaning dressing.

Which bit of this are you unsure about?

Perhaps she was just 'cross'.... :heehee:

serinalynn
11-11-2008, 02:06 PM
If you identify as a woman and you have transitioned (or are transitioning) to living as a woman, then no, you aren't crossdressing. It seems pretty simple to me -- it isn't "crossdressing" for a woman to wear women's clothing.

I think Valeria hit the point with the above statement. You are no longer Crossdressing when you fully Identify yourself as a woman.

Your state drivers liscense shows your sex as Female and there is a female name on it. You apply for a job and are hired as a woman, You pay taxes and your SSN is assigned to you as a woman. You register to vote as a woman. ECT.

Shannen
11-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Looking for bisexual experiences with "gurls" has nothing to do with identity, nor does engaging in bondage games, so these don't really have anything to do with whether or not you are a crossdresser.

Very interesting Valeria... are you sure about that? I would challenge to you consider that every conceivable human activity actually is related to crossdressing!

Nicki B
11-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Cross-dressing - or gender identity?

The trouble with the term is it describes what people do - not who they are..

barbaralynn
11-11-2008, 04:09 PM
I am on hormones but not for the reason that gurls take them I take aldactone for a diuretic and when first started growing breasts it was like a dream come true for someone that has enjoyed feminine clothes for as long as i can remember. I had to research the pill for my wife and since this drug will not only make the bod feminine it will shrink the male equipment. I was supprised that the wife went along with it.

Valeria
11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Very interesting Valeria... are you sure about that? I would challenge to you consider that every conceivable human activity actually is related to crossdressing!
Yes, I'm quite sure. :)

I have no doubt that every conceivable human activity can be related in some way to crossdressing, but I never said anything to the contrary. That wasn't your question at all. You asked if such activities imply that you are not a crossdresser, not if they are related to crossdressing. What I was trying to communicate is that sexual preferences and practices do not dictate gender identity. A desire to be dominated and forcibly feminized, or a desire to have sex with "gurls", certainly doesn't provide any indication that your gender identity is female. Therefore, they don't give any indication that you are not a crossdresser if you wear women's clothing -- to the contrary, a desire to experiment sexually with "gurls" doesn't give us any indication that you even wear women's clothing (lots of "chasers" don't dress in women's clothing at all).

Shannen
11-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Ok, I've been asking these questions not to get information, but to make a point. Oh well, go ahead and shoot me if you must...

My point is that all of the above "situations" are being discussed currently in the MtF Crossdressing forum. I don't think they should be.

Simple as that.

I've re-read most of the forum rules, and forum descriptions themselves. Maybe I'm operating under the wrong assumptions, and maybe things just change...

I really appreciate the creators/maintainers of this board, I don't want anyone to think I'm attacking them. I have not taken my grievances to the moderators, maybe I should, but I would rather confront behavior directly rather than being a tattle-tale whiner.

Crossdressing is crossdressing, not having random sex, not getting sexual reassignment surgery, not describing how a TS is superior to a CD.

So why do we post this in MtF Crossdressing? Well, there is no "Sexual Hookups" forum.... Does there need to be? Could we have a good time here without talking about how many bisexual encounters it takes to figure out if you are straight/gay/bi? (The answer from a post here today is 3 if you are wondering... 3 random acts of homosexuality should be all it takes to figure out who you really are! Who knew???)

Why can't certain TS individuals figure out that when they are NOT in the Transexual forum, they don't need to post constantly about how a TS differs from a CD? If I want to know how the TS lifestyle is, I'll sign up for that forum and find out!

If I'm excited about how big my boobs are because I've been prescribed hormones, should I rave about it in MtF Crossdressing or should I post in the Body Issues? If I'm thinking about moving out to get away from that previously wonderful person that I promised to love forever, should I ask around MtF Crossdressing for advice on my marriage ending, or should I post that in Loved Ones? (Maybe we need and Unloved Ones forum?)

It was pointed out that the members of crossdressers.com don't represent the typical crossdressing population.

OK

I thought that this board was designed to support the straight/married crossdresser. When did that change? Did I miss a memo? (Maybe it came out the same day the "We won't delete panty pictures anymore" memo was published.

Hey, I know that 90% of the members here do their best to be civil in their communications and follow the forum guidelines. Thanks.

Maybe we need some additional forum sections? I assume the administrators will do that if it is necessary and/or wanted. I suppose I shouldn't be ranting away in public either... Admins, please feel free to instruct me in the proper way of dealing with the issues I've raised.

as always, :hugs:

docrobbysherry
11-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Crossdressing is crossdressing, not having random sex, not getting sexual reassignment surgery, not describing how a TS is superior to a CD.

When I stumbled on to this site a year ago, it took me a while to figure out what was OK here, and what wasn't. I understand your frustration, because I had plenty of my own back then!

What I've found out in the last year is:

Yes, this is a "crossdressing" site.

And no, we're NOT all the same. While we all have SOME things in common, we r as different as folks r in the general population.

U can relate to; Jane about homone use, Betty on bondage, and to June, with tucking only on weekends! Etc., etc., etc.

I have seen some real pissing contest here, until the Mods had had enough. But, for the most part, with 1000's of different individuals on line here, it's just amazing how well it all works!:)

sterling12
11-11-2008, 07:07 PM
This is why a lot of us have moved away from CD, TS, TV, or any number of other labels. A lot of us now prefer the term "transgendered," and it's used as an all-purpose umbrella term to cover anyone who fits anywhere on the TG "Spectrum." That way, we don't have to quibble about "what we are." We can just be transgendered....and, perhaps get along!

Don't get me wrong, you and I both answered a thread in the past few days that was apparently trying to point out some dubious difference between CD and TS Gurls. When we indulge in that sort of thing it only drives us apart, when we should be making common cause with one another. Trust me, the forces that would oppose a quest for equal rights for T Folk, look to exploit our differences and divide us. We shouldn't make their job easy for them!

A simple test to prove our commonality, rather than our differences. Think back in your mind, was there never a time when you didn't fantasize about becoming a genetic girl? I know a lot of people will claim that they have never considered such a thing, but I'll just bet that the majority of us have had that fantasy, at least in passing. So, with that thought in mind; what makes you so different from a TS Sister? For those who consider themselves "above" mundane CD Concerns. "Have you never been influenced to buy a pretty dress, just because it looked good to you?"

And that's my point, we are all "on the road." We just happen to be at different places on that road, and taking different journeys. But, "We share that road in common!" Do I mind that TS Gurls have a section to talk about how their bodies are reacting to Transition? Of course not! Nor should they care if I want to gab all day about my pretty stockings. We are just different folks doing different things.

Let us celebrate our gifts, lets quit trying to amplify our differences.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Nicki B
11-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Joanie always talks a lot of sense, IMHO.. :yt:

Shannen
11-11-2008, 07:52 PM
...lots of good points for sure.... I certainly don't think that the way I cd is the only way that it can be done.

I just want a safe place to bring my wife.

I just like to dress up pretty, I'm not gay, I don't want to have SRS...

"Honey, come join this forum where it is safe to talk to other crossdressers and their SO's."

or

"Honey, I'm on that site again where the gurls just swear to me I'll want to have SRS someday and dump your ^%$@&$$!!!"

It didn't used to be like that....

I don't want to exclude anyone, but can we have a safe place? Where do my rights begin? Where do yours end?

I know forum are a lot of work, and all that....