PDA

View Full Version : cry all night

marny
11-11-2008, 02:48 AM
most times I'm Ok but sometimes i Just cry.does anyone else feel the same?

dancinginthedark
11-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Yes I have and do at times still. And I'm not even a CD. Self acceptance is something we all have had to work at.

Check out this thread :

Self Acceptance – A How to (get started) Guide (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27586)

and this one:

Tis the season...Do you know the signs? (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91941)

(http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91941)

Jess_cd32
11-11-2008, 03:05 AM
most times I'm Ok but sometimes i Just cry.does anyone else feel the same?

Well I'll say that when I did cry almost every night not that many years ago it was because I didn't know if I'd ever recover from a serious accident and be able to walk again more than 30 feet, let alone just go take a shower when I wanted to. The non stop pain for years on end gave me more good reason to cry, let alone my pets dieing one every year during this whole ordeal, 3 in all.

This put things really in perspective for me whats truly important in life anymore and now you'll see me doing nothing but laughing anymore in my life. I've been to hell for years and not planning a trip back anytime soon.

If I'm ever going to cry again it will be over something worth while like those situations, not because of the way I was born, a cd.
Just try and come to grips with it the best you can and remind yourself of one thing, did you make a choice to be a cd? I didn't think so, so just accept who you are and start enjoying it:hugs:

marny
11-11-2008, 03:49 AM
Thanks Hon. Good perspective!

Jess_cd32
11-11-2008, 04:09 AM
Thanks Hon. Good perspective!

Your welcome, and DancingInTheDark also makes a very good point to think of about the "seasonal affective disorder", I've researched that alot in the past and it seems to affect alot of people this time of the year. We all have our days, just glad that they do eventually pass:hugs:

BillieLynne
11-11-2008, 06:06 AM
I find that I cry alot more at tearjerker movies and moments. Sometimes it's in public and embarrassing. I think my hormones may be out of balance. I'm not taking hrt.

Billie

Miss Tessa
11-11-2008, 06:10 AM
I cry sometimes, and with hormones and androgyne blockers it only gets worse gurl!

You're gonna cry more and more once you start monin'.

I sometimes cry in for no reason at all and in public too.

AliciaWeb
11-11-2008, 06:16 AM
I am like Billie and cry at romantic movies, also music and opera. I cried at a military cemetary in France too, can't drive along that road again. Just a soppy tart I guess.

Alicia

Jonianne
11-11-2008, 06:24 AM
Recently I have felt so depressed over life stuff and have wanted to cry for days. It's like I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

sometimes_miss
11-11-2008, 06:27 AM
I'm just kind of floating through life right now, terrified of being outed and becoming a subject of ridicule keeps me from meeting anyone, and the incredible loneliness is tearing me apart. It leaves me very depressed, but on the surface I work very hard to appear 'normal'. I think it takes a toll on me, inside; because when I'm alone, little emotional things will make the tears flow and I can't stop it, things that, years ago, didn't bother me at all. I think it takes a lot of mental energy to keep all those feelings pent up, and every once in a while, some tiny event, driving past a wedding and seeing the oh-so-happy couple, or even just seeing two people kissing on the TV, the emotional dam just breaks and everything comes pouring out. At least that's how I understand it.

LACD
11-11-2008, 06:39 AM
I, like some of the others cry at movies, and other things. I hear Taps and I can tear up. Before I came out to my wife, we both wrote it off as being tenderhearted. Now, I can tear up with her and we both think it is my femme side working. I find that I get depressed and cry easier when I don't get to dress for long periods.

deja true
11-11-2008, 06:56 AM
A lot of little changes in my own life got me out of that in the past several months:

- I started volunteering at a number of local activities: It made me see that many needed more help than I did. And helping and thinking of others got my mind off myself...

- I made it a point to get deja out of that musty, decades old closet and actually meet others like me face to face. I found that, instead of guilt and recrimination in what we do, there's actually joy and adventure in it...

- And, in both of these cases, by putting my thoughts out there, and becoming involved with others as a helper or as a social friend, I obsessed less with myself and realized that as deja or as what's-his-name, I was actually a pretty good person. I smile a lot more these days and cry a lot less (except at those movies on Lifetime!).

Karren H
11-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Nahhh... I don't cry for no reason or all night... One thing I don't have time to cry.. I'm either too busy or if I'm out enfemme I'm having too much fun!! Yeah a sad movie will moisten the eyes... And I get chocked up watching Extreme Home Makeover.. Lol.

My wife has SAD and she just wants to hibernate in the winter and living in the secound clowdiest part of the country, she never sees the sun.. So we bought those full spectrum lights. And she will set infront of the when she used the computer or reads.. Helps a bit.. Me, hell when i worked underground and din't see the sun for weeks sometimes.. I'm your basic mushroom.. Keep me in the dark and feed me BS!! Hahaha

pink femme
11-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Absolutely.

I guess my crying is because I am unable to share my emotion and feelings about being a Crossdresser (or wannabee Woman!! :battingeyelashes:) with the Family members who mean so much to me.

Crying is such a strange emotion...it happens both for happiness and sadness. Unfortunately in my case, the later dominates!!

Pinky

Sherry-Stephanie
11-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Strange as this post is being here today....

I have been crying all morning....because today is the day I lose my best friend for 13+ years....today I am putting down my German Shepherd who has been the love of my life...I can not begin to tell you how special she and I have been other than saying that we've been attached to the hips ever since day one.....

She is old now and her hips are totally gone....God game her to me to take care of during her life here...and today is the day that I give her back to Him because he needs a "Good Shepherd" to replace the Shepherd that He is giving life to somewhere today....

As the Irish proverb goes...."an old soul for a new soul"....today she will pass from me so a new soul can be born....

I grieve deeply for her going today, but at some point in time when I cross over she'll be there waiting for me...and when we're together again we'll be both in good health and young again to spend all time together.....

My dear Dakota, you have been my best friend and my constant companion and now it't time for you to go to sleep....as you pass I'll be there with you...I'll hold you and I'll let your spirit pass through me as you take your journey home to our Creator....and you'll forever live within my heart of hearts...I love you dearly and I'll always have your memory with me....You are old and tired and for me to hold on to you now isn't right...I need to let you go free so you can pass over into the Heaven to be with God....I know you'll come back soon and let your spirit tell me that your OK and still here....and then I can begin to let the sorrow that I will have in losing begin to heal....

I can never put into words how much I love you dear girl, but in my heart and your heart you know how special you are to me....

Now close yopur eyes, rest and when you awake you'll be at the "Bridge" healthy and young again and with your sisters Lucky and Pumpkin once again....

I love you girl with all of my heart.....you will be missed but never forgotten....

Dad....

susan fuller
11-11-2008, 09:49 AM
I have always cried at sad movies or if something sad happens. I also cry at weddings and some other happy events. I have always been this way. I think I have always been a woman inside.

Miss Tessa
11-11-2008, 10:53 AM
The good cries of womanhood are great but there are bad cries to be expected.

I teared up today when I saw my homegirl's 12 day old baby.And then I thought she's so lucky to have been born female.

Trista
11-11-2008, 11:09 AM
There are lots of times I cry. Due to the nature of my hormones going crazy from time to time. Sometimes things people say don't bother me at all. But when the hormones are off, the same thing can be said and I just cry. I am usually alone when I cry. Which is good in some ways cause I get it all out. But when I feel this way I want my SO told hold me and tell me everything is going to be OK.

paulaN
11-11-2008, 11:34 AM
I have been crying a lot lately. Mostly over my divorce. And of course what Sherry wrote a couple of post up. That made me cry very hard. I have been there, Sherry gets prayers form me. What she wrote really really touched me deeply.

The funny thing is that I lost my dad back in August and I still have not had (the cry) about that yet. I mean the real cry. The I lost a loved one cry. I don't know what is going to bring that cry on but I am sure that some day (maybe one of the up coming holidays) will bring the lost loved one cry on, and the flood gates will open up. Funny how different things can effect a person so differently. A story of putting a dog down and I am balling my eyes out. Loosing my dad, and I still have not had the cry yet. Go figure.

crystal99
11-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Like most people here i cry at sad films, might just be something that sets me off but not a blubber more of an understanding cry, the power of a good movie.

I have been crying recently about acceptance and decisions i need to make with my life at the moment, although when dressed i dont cry, its when im in guy mode. It kinda feels like its not boy me crying but Crystal forcing an opinion on the situation. (i know, im gonna see a counceller soon xx)

MJ
11-11-2008, 12:35 PM
I cry sometimes, and with hormones and androgyne blockers it only gets worse gurl!

You're gonna cry more and more once you start monin'.

I sometimes cry in for no reason at all and in public too.

This is so very true. all the girls here who just started the hormones will find out soon enough .

- I made it a point to get deja out of that musty, decades old closet and actually meet others like me face to face. I found that, instead of guilt and recrimination in what we do, there's actually joy and adventure in it...

and that makes all the differance in the world .
i tend to cry a lot i put it down to the hormones the funny thing is i feel so good after a good cry

StaceyJane
11-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Sometimes I feel so emotional I want to cry. It's hard when you don't have any one around to talk to. That's why I love this place because there are so many people here on the same journey that I'm on.

Edyta_C
11-11-2008, 12:52 PM
For many years I suppressed crying as it was not "manly" to cry at sad movies and other things. Now I feel free to cry when I am made sad. This release makes me feel so much better after I get it out. The holiday season is very sad for me. Since I have had some success with curing my depression the season isn't so bad, but used to be a bummer. I have lost my first wife right after new Years day. Also my Mom, my Dad, my Brother, and several pets, all in early January. So I am always apprehensive at this time of year.

You girls have helped more than I can ever say. I can talk about these things now with my SO and others.

Thanks Edyta (Edie)

LilSissyStevie
11-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Like some others related, I've had so much bad stuff happen to me (and within me) in the past that it's difficult to work up a good cry over normal, everyday tragedies. I did plenty of crying in mental hospitals, jails and rehabs when I was younger. If you see me crying today, it's most likely tears of joy. I sometimes can't believe how wonderful my life is today.
:love:

SherriePall
11-11-2008, 02:09 PM
When I first told my wife and she had a negative reaction to the news, I spent a lot of nights silently crying myself to sleep. I also did a lot of crying when we talked about my CDing.
Now, I'm doing pretty good except there are still movie scenes that I have to get up and leave the room.
Years ago, one of the worst times I had crying was watching "Pride of the Yankees" -- the story about Lou Gehrig. As he stood at the microphone at Yankee Stadium and proclaimed himself to be "the luckiest man on the face of the earth," really ripped me apart.

Ruth
11-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Facing up to your feminine side releases the ability to cry freely when you are in a heightened emotive state (either up or down), so we're all (on this site) more prone to tears than the average guy in the street.
I used to feel very uneasy about having brimming eyes when I used to masquerade as a man, but now I blubber cheerfully over all sorts of soppy things and my wife knows it's just Ruth having her moment.
It's a lot healthier than holding it all in, as well.

Charlena
11-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Yes I cry, but not nearly as much as I need too.

Ronni Seymour
11-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Those certain movies and really moving music can do it for me.
Of course, real life events will move me. And I can say, as I've come to embrace my femme self, the tears come easier. I think it's emotionally healthy. So....cry!:sad:

Alice Torn
11-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Sherrie, Yes! Good movie! That made me well up, too, and at the end, when Gary Cooper walks off into the tunnel! Also, when Judy Garland, chants, "There's no place like home." And goes home to Kansas, from Oz. And, the happy ending to "Its a Wonderful Life." All make me tear up.

Tracii G
11-12-2008, 02:24 AM
Sherri I know what you mean when it comes to pets.I had to put my miniature red Pom down last summer she had been my bud for 15 years.
It was 3 in the morning and she was howling in pain so I had to put her down myself that was tough.
Having been in the killing business years ago you would think it wouldn't bother me but I cried like a baby.My hearts out to you.

PrettyFlowingGown
11-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I shed a tear during a sad movie, or when I see someone I love in tears or very sad. I've gotten very emotional in recent years, where-is when I was young I was never emotional at all. You could beat me up, push me off my bike, anything and I would'nt cry. Still, today, if I'm hurt physically, I dont budge, but like I said, if its a movie, or maybe, even a sad song that reflects something relevant to me, I'll cry.

Miss Tessa
11-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Sometimes_Miss, I feel ya.

When I began transition, my love life and sex life went down the toilet.

I needed time to really get inside my own head and train myself to look and behave female in order to pass as one successfully, which is hard for a TS person since they usually repress their feelings and most make dire attempts to "man up" most their life to hide their gender issues.
I was also just getting sober and more and more clearheaded so it was that which made transitioning even MORE difficult in the very beginning.

Nowdays, I have my life together and have good friends and I'm constantly making great new friends who are TG or GG or even might get a bf if I find Mr.Right.
So my sex life has improved after I did transition and got my stuff together and stay clean and sober.

So don't worry Sometimes_Miss....

If you transition the way that is right for YOU, then you'll find true friends and lovers after you have gotten your life in order and are ok with your TS/TG identity.
People will accept you and befriend you.
All you have to do is to love and accept yourself first.

I consider myself my own best lover.... I love who I am, love my personality, and love my own body.

The confidence helped me get less lonely. and sometimes it's fine to be alone.

TxKimberly
11-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Of course. :)
Believe it or not, this is part of being human. Even your standard run-of-the-mill men feel this way sometimes it's just that THEY wont admit it as easily as we will.

FlygrlChristy
11-12-2008, 01:20 PM
My dear Dakota, you have been my best friend and my constant companion and now it't time for you to go to sleep....as you pass I'll be there with you...I'll hold you and I'll let your spirit pass through me as you take your journey home to our Creator....and you'll forever live within my heart of hearts...I love you dearly and I'll always have your memory with me....You are old and tired and for me to hold on to you now isn't right...I need to let you go free so you can pass over into the Heaven to be with God....I know you'll come back soon and let your spirit tell me that your OK and still here....and then I can begin to let the sorrow that I will have in losing begin to heal....

I can never put into words how much I love you dear girl, but in my heart and your heart you know how special you are to me....

Now close yopur eyes, rest and when you awake you'll be at the "Bridge" healthy and young again and with your sisters Lucky and Pumpkin once again....

I love you girl with all of my heart.....you will be missed but never forgotten....

Dad....

OMG, Sherry, that made me cry, that is so sad. It reminded me of an English Springer spaniel, that I was in love with that I had to give away, broke my heart. It also reminded me of how much, I'll miss, and how hard it will be if our current Schnocker, (Schnauzer, Cocker mix) were to pass. I think both the kids and I would take that pretty hard.:hugs:

Christy