PDA

View Full Version : Coming out, very scary

stevie b
11-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Hi everyone, wellmthe ime has arrived a lot sooner than we hjad planned but its the right time.

Since dressing more and more it has become obvious that to me (I have found out who I am at last) and also to my wife that the future is looking at transistioning. My doctor has refered me to GIC and waiting for the appointment. My wife can't believe the change in me, its the answer to all my deep feelings.

We have told our best friends and they were great, the local support group is brilliant. The crunch will be this Wednesday when we tell our daughter. She is aware something is up and has made light harted jokes about me being gay. I can't lie about who I am anymore. This is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done, but it is the thing to do.

Will let you know how things go.
xx

avril findlay
11-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Good luck and my best wishes Stevie.

Michelia
11-11-2008, 11:06 AM
But why are you scared? And is your wife OK with it?

This is a huge step. I just wanted to know more...

Angie G
11-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Good for you if it's what you need to do then it's the right thing to do. You sound like this is making you a lot happier Stevie that great hun Is your wife OK with this.:hugs:
Angie

MJ
11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
all the very best to you and yours :hugs:

DeeDeeB
11-11-2008, 12:48 PM
It's wonderful that you've found yourself. All the best and keep us informed.

Dee :fairy1:

Sarah...
11-11-2008, 01:59 PM
I hope it goes well for you Stevie, telling your daughter. I'm glad you've found the courage to know who you are for yourself (which I have also done) and that you have also found the courage to know where you are going and to act on it (which I haven't).

Well done.

Best wishes to you and your wife.

Sarah...
xx

Adele
11-11-2008, 03:50 PM
well done on acting on your decision.

Good luck

stevie b
11-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi everyone thanks again for your support. The deed was done last night and daughter and son in law were told. After the devastating shock and the tears we were able to have a fairly good talk. This will take a long time to recover from but it had to be done She is talking to her mum who has gone through the process, I think it helps that we are still together. I feel a mixture of being a rotten father but also relief as its out in the open, I can now get on with my life.
Thanks again
xx

Sandra
11-13-2008, 09:25 AM
I feel a mixture of being a rotten father xx

Hey now you listen, you are not a rotten father ok!!

One good thing you have is a wife who is ok with you, and hopefully this will help your daughter with what she has been told, she has someone to talk to and so does your wife.

Celeste
11-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Hi Stevie,Honesty does not equal being rotten,you are giving them a lesson in standing behind what you believe in.

stevie b
11-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks ladies, I am really proud of my wife, She is spending the night with my daughter to give her support.
xx

Shelly Preston
11-13-2008, 04:55 PM
I hope your wife and daughter have a good long talk and all goes well

I wish you and the family the best of luck for the future :hugs:

kym
11-13-2008, 06:12 PM
best of luck to you stevie, please keep us updated on how things are going, you may encourage more to examine taking that huge step.

hugs
kym

Tracii G
11-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Have your daughter log on here and find out what is all about.Good lnfo here.