PDA

View Full Version : What about your voice????

Sherry-Stephanie
11-12-2008, 02:02 PM
many of us venture out to one degree or another....and some of us look fantastic dressed to the point that no one would really suspect your CDing....but oen thing we don't have a lot of control over is our voice. How do you handle your voice not giving you away or is it jsut something that comes with the "territory"????

charlie
11-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Hello Sherry-Stephanie!
I love going out and yes, I had lots of problems when it came time to talk. After a long night I still fall victim to falling into male voice even today. A lovely lady on YouTube helped me train my voice as it is today. Here is that link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJZjcKYOQr0

She has done several videos on voice change and is kind of silly and disorganized, but very informative. Her other sets are on the right of the page. Good Luck!

tricia_uktv
11-12-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't try so I suppose it comes with the territory. I am on hormones though and my voice is both softer and quieter than it was. I will get ready when looked at closely so the voice is the least of my worries - and it doesn't worry me being read, I know what I am.

stephanie.ts
11-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Right now I use a softer tone when speaking as a women, but it's not passable (and normally I don't care). Usually my voice is what gets me read when I go out. Often times to avoid speaking my girlfriend will order for me, or do the talking. Eventually I would like to see a speech therapist as I am sure the voice is something that eventually can be controlled.

MJ
11-12-2008, 03:21 PM
the best you can do is show confidence in yourself it's not about how you look or sound it's the confidence in how you carry or present yourself. my voice gives me away every-time do i care nope..

Kate Simmons
11-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Sometimes it not so much how you sound or what you say but how you say it. Eliza Doolittle comes to mind: "The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain.":)

Marissa Mae
11-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeeeahh, I use my male voice. If you take a good look at me, it isn't the only thing that will out me, so there is no reason to attempt it. Well, I can't say I haven't changed my voice a bit... I use a slight inflection at times, but no lisp or falsetto. Maybe someday I will just "find it" and be able to switch it on and off.

Miss Tessa
11-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Are you kidding me? I sound like a genetic woman when I talk. I get called ma'am over the phone and when I speak in public at stores and stuff.

Just speak in a female voice and train your voice. It's that simple.

It takes a little practice and voice training that you gotta work on.

But I think that's a poor question you asked because it has a very obvious answer. You never met a TS or CD before?
Many of us speak in voices that sound like any GG.

All you gotta do is simply speak in a femme voice and you won't have your cover blown.

In fact if you don't even ATTEMPT to make your voice and mannerisms feminine and yet you dress up femme, I think that is horrible because it is making a outright MOCKERY of women and the female form. And that offends me.
I hate CD's and especially people who claim TS especially who 'mone and get surgery and still talk in their natural male voice because it's setting a poor example for the TG community as the rest of society would see it and it makes a parody of womanhood.

And you other gurl, hey, you was sayin that you was gettin a softer girlish voice from 'mone'z???

Hormones do not change your voice at all. Neither do Spironolactone or Avodart.

Only FTM TS's who take testosterone get deeper voices from their monez.

I just had to press edit and check ya on that so ya'd understand hunny.

AndiSwitch
11-12-2008, 04:48 PM
thank you!
Andi

I agree.

My voice always gives me away - and mostly I just dont care.

Andi

Hi Tricia

Love your reply - it is good to know who you are. I sometimes get carried away and forget. and actually when my voice gives me away it reminds me.

Andi

Miss Tessa
11-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh jaa...
And I forgot to let you know something....

Use *lots* of inflexion in your voice.

Males generally talk VERY monotone.

Females use inflexion that goes up and down for the most part.

Not all girls do it much but most normal girls do.
I use more inflexion at some times than others depending on my mood.
It's hard to describe this, but there are videos that are on youtube dot com that have trannies giving tutorials on speaking femme and using inflexion.

Don't spend money on Miss Calpernia's genderlife TS voice DVD's...

That woman is trying to con you.

Go to youtube and don't get hustled by Calpernia Addams people!!!

TSchapes
11-12-2008, 06:25 PM
I got to meet Kathe Perez of Exceptional Voice (http://www.exceptionalvoice.com/). She trains T-girls on how to talk like women. She is a trained voice therapist and gave a voice training session at SCC.

I bought her three CD's that cost around $87. I play them on the way to work and practice that way. I try and do my best when out, though I'm sure it's not perfect. It's one thing to get the cadence and enunciation right, but the timbre is a little more challenging.

Love, Tracy

Deborah Jane
11-12-2008, 06:39 PM
I just speak Latvian, they,re more confused by what i,m saying than how i look :heehee:

jennifer41356
11-12-2008, 10:41 PM
I am lucky to have a female sounding voice, get mistaken for a lady over the phone and when people hear my voice and dont see me, they usually say ma'am:love::drink:

avril findlay
11-12-2008, 11:06 PM
I just make sort of grunting noises and point at things!
Seriously, I don't try to adopt a "female" sounding voice, I would sound rediculous, and I wouldn't be able to stop myself laughing. When I'm out dressed I'm either in a friendly pub or club where nobody's really bothered what your voice sounds like, or with my sister and a GGfriend for more formal outings,where they do most of the talking, (shopping etc.).

Bethany_Anne_Fae
11-13-2008, 12:05 AM
I've been a voice-over artist for a long time so altering my octaves is easy for me. It gets a bit harder in a corset, and then I adopt the Judi Dench voice ;)

works for me

Zara

sometimes_miss
11-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Wow, when watching the youtube video of CandiFLA it was like an epiphany, how it's not all the tone, but the style and inflections of how we speak that makes so much of a difference. All I could do is remember back to listening to Lauren Bacall and thinking how low her voice was, but unmistakably feminine. Now I understand. Is going to take some practice though. I can clearly tell that my larynx isn't used to operating at the higher notes.