PDA

View Full Version : "That's the woman in you"

ruthie801
11-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Hi i was wondering if anyone could relate and comment about this situation.
I was having an argument with the wife (married 29 years she knows about Ruth for 16 or so and she hates the whole idea) Well I do all the cooking, washes and most of the housekeeping. In my defense and said to her " most wives would be happy with a husband that does all that I do for you" her respose was "you like doing it thats the woman in you" Its not the first time she has made comments like that even when we're on great terms. Once I was cooking and she was watching and she said "if only you were wearing a dress and pearls you could be June Cleaver" ( the mom on Leave it to Beaver). I was wondering if anyone else has the same situation.(ps the argument was not about CDing)

tricia_uktv
11-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi Ruthie,

It may suggest she has a problem with it? I would ask her a follow up question like,

why, does that worry you?

Although I understand you may not wish to take things that far.

ruthie801
11-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Trica
Yes she sure does have a problem with me dressing but she loves the the fact that i do housework

MJ
11-12-2008, 03:25 PM
"if only you were wearing a dress and pearls you could be June Cleaver" ( the mom on Leave it to Beaver). I was wondering if anyone else has the same situation.(ps the argument was not about CDing)

so did you run up to your room and change for her :heehee:

SANDRA MICHELLE
11-12-2008, 03:31 PM
I don't relate to this since I do almost no housework but wear more sexy clothes than my wife does. I do however do all the "manual labor" around our house.

ruthie801
11-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Mj
No i wish i could have

Clara
11-12-2008, 03:43 PM
I do most of the housework also. We have really 'reversed' roles. My wife is the one with the demanding and stressful job and I am the one who does cooking, dishes, laundry, grocery shopping... (she does help, though). It works for us well. And we were like this even before I started to dress. But I definitely enjoy doing chores more when dressed (I don't dress all the time though). Sometimes we joke that I am the wife and she is the husband.

frenchie
11-12-2008, 03:50 PM
What can I say I think you have to have a real heart to heart chat with your wife and sort out some problems, which it seems that you are having.You've been married a long time and she's known about your CDíng for a long time as well.What's gone wrong?Does she really accept it? or is there something about your cdíng she really hates?Or does she really just hate the whole thing?It's all about give and take, but if you both can't agree to that then I'm sorry I don't know what to say.Cdíng isn't an easy thing for wives to accept(generally).I've been lucky, but there are times when I know that my wife does not want me to dress, and I have to accept that. wish you luck Gina Frenchie

ruthie801
11-12-2008, 03:56 PM
thanks girls

Sherry-Stephanie
11-12-2008, 03:59 PM
mY WIFE DOES MAKE SOME COMMENTS ABOUT sTEPHANIE...BUT IT'S DONE MORE IN GOOD HUMOR THAN ANYTHING ELSE....

gennee
11-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Trica
Yes she sure does have a problem with me dressing but she loves the the fact that i do housework

A catch-22?

Gennee

:D

Shari
11-12-2008, 04:18 PM
If you quit dressing today and never, ever donned another pair of panties or stockings (fat chance of that happening, huh?), your SO would still use your dressing as a weapon every time an argument or disagreement occured.
Your situation is lose, lose unless she decides one day to embrace you for what you are.
GG's have a way of never forgetting some things. There's a statute of limitations on most crimes against the state, but when you're dealing with a woman, the playing field is forever tilted in her favor. Always was, and always will be.
There's no cure for this, other than misery loving company. I'm sure there's a great many here who would will agree with me.
I'm still trying to get a pardon, or at least probation for the comment I made on my SO's homemade bread almost 38 years ago.
Welcome to my world.

Karren H
11-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Mine says I like doing that so I don't have to do what she put on my to do list!!! Ahhh Yeah!!!! So I get in trouble when ever I try.... So I don't.....

Paulacder
11-12-2008, 05:20 PM
My wife and I shop togeather quite often. She will ask me to help her pick something out that may not be cloths related. She said she always ask my opinion because my "Fem. Side" has good taste.....

Teri Jean
11-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Ruthie,
I use to do most of the cooking, for about twenty years, and my wife would take care of the outside chores. Being a at home mom she enjoyed that and Iliked the inside work. But as Karen and Shari indicated if there was something she did not approve of I was reminded over and over. That is the nature of the beast. Sorry. Keli

Sally24
11-12-2008, 06:24 PM
My wife has realized that my feminine side has helped me write the poems and love cards she has recieved thru the years.

Ronni Seymour
11-12-2008, 06:26 PM
My wife likes the idea that I've taken on more of the housework, and I believe she kinda sees that as a fringe benefit of her acceptance of my CDing.:heehee:

insearchofme
11-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Shari

One thing my father said to me that will always stay with me is , "Women will forgive but they will never forget"! How true that is.