PDA

View Full Version : What matters?

tricia_uktv
11-12-2008, 03:08 PM
A quick but I think very important question after spending a lot of time with another t-girl last week.

Is it important to you whether you pass or whether you are yourself when dressed?

Kate Simmons
11-12-2008, 03:31 PM
The most important thing to me is to always be myself Tricia.:)

gennee
11-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Being myself is more important than passing.

Gennee

:)

Karren H
11-12-2008, 05:23 PM
I'll read you the text off the tee shirt I'm wearing

"HOCKEY"

Nothing else matters.......... NOTHING.......

Including passing... imho....

Miss Tessa
11-12-2008, 05:26 PM
That's a good question.

I think it depends largely on the motivation of why somebody dresses.

A CD dresses because they have a female side they like to express thru clothes and it's not necessarily sexual or fetish in nature. It's an expression of feminiity and some like to be themselves and talk in their regular voices and use their own mannerisms.

TV's crossdress for more fetish/sexual reasons and tend to be highly sexual people.

TS's dress to assume the full time role of a female after they have transitioned and the vast majority change any and everything they can in order to pass and be accepted as female in society. So they use a femme voice, and adopt femme mannerisms they must practice and practice to perfect in order to be the woman they want.

So it's up to the person and their gender identity I suppose.

DonnaT
11-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Being myself. I hardly ever pass ;)

MJ
11-12-2008, 05:35 PM
being myself is way more important .. :hugs:

Teri Jean
11-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Be yourself first and then if there is something you want to work on such as make-up or your mannerisms etc do so but again be true to who you are first. Lots of huggs. Keli

Vivian Best
11-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Just being myself knowing there isn't a snowball's chance in hell I could pass.

CD Susan
11-13-2008, 03:45 AM
Just being myself is what matters most to me. Passing is nice but how does one know if they are indeed passing or not? I don't concern myself with whether I am passing or not but rather am I enjoying the experience. If the answer is yes then in my mind I am passing and that is all that matters to me.

carolinewalker_2000
11-13-2008, 03:57 AM
For me the important thing is to outwardly show the real person inside. However, I also feel that we should make the best of whatever feminine potential we have. So even if we know in our hearts that we wouldn't pass in public, it is right that we should try and achieve the best for ourselves. (Tothose girls who can go out with a reasonable confidence of not being "read", I say "lucky old you; enjoy"!!)

Angie G
11-13-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't pass well so it's just being myself hun:hugs:
Angie