PDA

View Full Version : transformation / makeover in Philly area

Lizzie Skirts
11-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know an affordable, professional, CD friendly dressing and makeover service in the Philly area?

Sarasometimes
11-12-2008, 10:35 PM
I tried CD tips many years ago and wasn't that impressed. She was OK but before booking a makeover and shopping expedition with her I stressed a limited cash situation and she said not to worry. We went shopping one day at mall and into Macy's by Appointment where i was only shown high end full priced clothes with high pressure to buy. I ultimately bought the cheapest $200 dress and returned the next day for a walk around philly with her. It was OK and she gave me some comportment tips but she isn't a really warm person. Very business like and rather inflexible. i was able to return the dress to a local Macy's and get a refund since slyly I kept the tags that she removed from the dress.
I have gone to a salon north of philly that has a very CD friendly makeup artist and staff. Let me know if you want details. i actually know of others as well. Good Luck, Sara!

Melissa_Z
11-12-2008, 10:50 PM
I've not tried a dressing service before, but I've purchased a zillion makeup books, one of which is from Kalina Isato (transvamp.com). Her book was nicely put together and helpful. In addition to her books, she offers a makeover service that I would totally do were I located in Philly. If you check it out, I'd love to hear about it.

Good luck :)

Kelly DeWinter
11-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Amada Richards close to Philidelphia, She is the Best ! Tell her Kelly DeWinter recommeded her. Jeannie and I both ave used her makeup and photography services. Have fun, I know you will.

True Colors Makeup Artistry

2523 Willow Park Road

Bethlehem PA 18020

Phone 610-216-6394

Email amanrich@aol.com