PDA

View Full Version : Aggresion? Going,going....

Kris Vasquez
11-13-2008, 01:09 AM
Not completely gone yet, but I'm a much better person because I crossdress.

jina
11-13-2008, 02:20 AM
I don't like to see a thread with no responses yet :). I actually like this topic (if my wife were awake next to me I might discuss the concept with her briefly to get her input - I think I know what she would say though).

It is simply put,... but I think there is some important food for thought here.

I have wondered myself since kinda getting into all of this... why not just treat violent male criminals with hormone replacement therapy ? (gee, a lot of us might start doing crimes just to get free shots). It certainly seems like that kind of therapy would work. The flip side of this is; where does male aggression come in and what purpose does it serve for society / the human race? I myself have always felt it was a bit of a cross to bear for me personally.

A darker question that arises out of this line of thinking that I'm not completely comfortable with is: is maleness becoming obsolete ? Humanity needed it when there were animals to chase and club down for food etc. This is a feminist philosophy and it's kinda ugly to me for some reason. I think exploring the fem side has given me an appreciation of the male from a different angle. There's something profoundly noble about the male ability to focus and maintain that aggressive intensity when it's channeled properly.

Jess_cd32
11-13-2008, 03:12 AM
Not completely gone yet, but I'm a much better person because I crossdress.

I noticed that about myself also.

Tracii G
11-13-2008, 03:24 AM
Interesting obsevation.Crossdressing to quell agression.
Estrogen shots for violent criminals....humm could work.
I thank Uncle Sam for my agessivness I guess.When pushed I push back hard.
I do think crossdressing has helped me be a more understanding compassionate person.Cool subject.

Sonia_cd
11-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Interesting...I actually look at this issue in the opposite. The aggression in the male side comes from one's inability to fully express one's inner feelings/desires/wants. Hence the calmness when dressed. But that's just my view...

erickka
11-13-2008, 07:55 AM
I'm also a whole lot more subdued, both vocally and physically when dressed. I think that being more relaxed and also having the totally femme mindset has a lot to do with it for me.

Angie G
11-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Good for you it really does help Soothe one.:hugs:
Angie

Kris Vasquez
11-13-2008, 10:16 AM
I guess what I was trying to say is that I find so many psychological benefits from this (kinder, more sympathetic, an inner peace) but are we losing some of our male persona along the way.

kaitlin
11-13-2008, 10:23 AM
I agree 100%...My wife has told me several times that I am a calmer and more loving :love: person now that I have opened up to my true interself!:thumbsup: Kaitlin

Phyliss
11-13-2008, 10:28 AM
.... are we losing some of our male persona along the way.

Wouldn't bother me if it all left. Never really did like my "guy" self.

Miss Tessa
11-13-2008, 10:29 AM
That has alot of validity to it.
I'm not a CD I am a diagnosed TS, but I know where you're coming from

When I lived as a male I was pretty violent and aggressive, much of which was a thick brick wall I used to hide my TS deep down.

When I began dressing in the very early beggining of transition, I lost alot of aggression by feeling more sensetive and feminine.
I have ALWAYS been sensetive, but before transition I hid some of it and put up a front, sometimes for good reasons like how I survived prison twice and county jail many times.

And when I took hormones the aggression left even more.
And when I took androgyne/testosterone blockers, even MORE left...

So I'm happily more femme now and less aggressive. I'm still a really tough chick though.

And Tracii, you said Estradiol shots might help violent criminals....That would NOT work... I'll explain why.

Do you know why there are so many Transsexuals in male jails and prisons?

Well it's because they take female hormones, which really makes a genetic male who never had a female puberty and never was socialized female as a young teenager act unstable and mentally and emotionally off balence.

The trannies take hormones and estrogens really make your mind less stable even for genetic women who have it natural and it fluctuates during their monthly cycles.
Here's my first TS girlfriend's example of one dumb thing she did that landed her in jail.
She's a T girl using hormones and she went to the 7-11 one night and tried to buy some cigarettes icecream, well there was a misunderstanding with the clerk about something, and one thing led to another and her highly emotional and impulsive mind made her hit the clerk and run out of the store without paying.

Trannies have been known to do murder on impulsive whims when they get mad or feel threatened by somebody because the hormones really do mess with your mind.

They bring some peace and satisfaction....But BEWARE! They will make you cry sometimes and your mood will swing.

I know from my own experience.

caressa
11-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Driving a car when other drivers' antics cause my heart to skip-a-beat, tests the limits of my passive nature...lol

Celeste
11-13-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't see aggression as a poor quality always,it seems a lot of women know how to use it to an advantage,I believe they posses it but its "tempered" not really on the surface.It can be sexy, if it comes off as a self assured mannerism.

Miss Tessa
11-13-2008, 11:23 AM
I agree with celeste.

I know as a transwoman, I have opted NOT to take testosterone blockers such as spironolacone, because I need and use some of that testosterone energy in order to be more confident and assertive.

I'm naturally not very hairy at all and never really had leg or arm hair and never could grow a full beard or mustache + I have had laser on my face so I don't need Spironolactone or avodart.

I like keeping some of that natural testosterone. I can just take estrogen hormones and they do wonders by themselves.

Deborah Jane
11-13-2008, 12:54 PM
I agree, crossdressing definately makes me calmer. In male mode i,ve got quite an aggresive nature, possibly because i try to hide my inner girly side from the outside world.

Tracii G
11-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks Tessa for the insight I see your point.

Miss Tessa
11-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah men hide most their feelings.

I was at the zoo yesterday with my sister and mother and since the three of us are women we were expressive about how cute the animals were and things like that and all screamed on the water slide.

I noticed a bunch of men and on group in particular that just didn't express themselves the same way the females did.

And I know some might feel the emotions, they just hide some of them in order to socially conform to manlyness.

pinkeverything
11-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Something going on for sure.

anouk
11-13-2008, 01:26 PM
I think the fact that I'm not an aggressive person and the fact that I'm a CD are surely related, but I don't see my non-aggressive nature as a consequence of crossdressing.

The one thing I have thought is that male aggressivenes is partly hormonal and also very much cultural: In utmost situations, where you seem to have no proper ways to handle the situations you act somehow regressively. For girls it is allowed to cry or turn totally helpless without loosing their pride as a woman. For men it is not allowed, because at the same moment you loose your manhood - the worst that can happen to man. So men tend to feel that they have to solve the situation somehow, however stupid the solution may be. In most cases the solution is aggressive, because then he at least saves his manhood, however stupid the action may be.

...and since I'm a cd, I don't have this kind of pressure to show my manhood at any expense. But I don't know which of these features comes first.

TrekGirl1701
11-13-2008, 02:46 PM
For me I become easily angered and I think it's because of the stress I put on myself trying to keep my crossdressing hidden from everybody and from making myself believe that crossdressing was a bad thing. But when I start thinking about crossdressing and actually putting something on I do become calmer. And since last week when I finally accepted myself I've been an easier person to be around. Granted my job can still be stressful, but other than that I've become more laid back during my non-work hours.

AliciaWeb
11-13-2008, 02:52 PM
I agree with Tesa, since I have been dressing more I have become much more emotionally free and feel better for it, so much more natural.

Alicia

Kate Simmons
11-13-2008, 03:35 PM
I've kind of leveled out these days. My previous avatar Ericka, however, thrived on aggression. One of her favorite expressions was: "Hey, you got a problem with that?" Gotta love it.:)

sometimes_miss
11-13-2008, 05:41 PM
A darker question that arises out of this line of thinking that I'm not completely comfortable with is: is maleness becoming obsolete ?
Never happen. The very vast majority of real females are attracted to stereotypical male behavior. Male competitiveness drives much of societies advances in the science and engineering fields. Do you think women would have wanted to explore outer space? Think of all the innovations we got from that area alone. War also pushes the edges of innovation. No, maleness will never be obsolete until the next form of life takes over completely (it's already here), or if we just all die out.