PDA

View Full Version : Let's play stump the natives!!!

Karren H
11-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Well... Came back from the mine this afternoon.... exersized for an hour and hit the sauna.... took a shower.... and then decided to go out and get a Subway sandwich... But didn't feel like getting all gussied up... So I decided to see how fem I could make my male self just to see what kind of reactions the locals would have... (Southern West Virginia)

I had already started playing with makeup so made some tinted moisturizer.... a little mascara, neutral eye shadow... lip plumper... totally under dressed including fanny pdding... fem shirt, male jeans... nylons no socks ... tennies.... a wind breaker and a light tan ball cap... Over all I looked pretty femish..

So headed to the Subway and a husband and wife were coming in ahead of me and he opened the door for his wife and then held the door for me... I said thanks in my not so fem voice and he did like 5 double takes... I almost busted out laughing..... he kept looking my way when they were ordering....

And on the way back to the hotel.... stopped by Walmart to pickup some toothpaste....... got a few simular looks... But everyone was pretty nice.... and of coarse ended up in the womens clothing..... Grabbed 3 skirts and went to the fitting room and asked to try them on... the SA pointed me to the men's room which didn't surprise me since I talked first and she didn't really look up... So I tried on the skirts and didn't really like them and when I came out I told her I didn't want them... She said put them in the basket marked "Men's" and I replied "but they are ...... holding them up... "Ohhhhh... I'll take them and put them back for you...." Thanks!! :)

So tonight was a fun experiment... Anyone up for a game of Stump the Locals? lol

carolinewalker_2000
11-13-2008, 04:07 AM
Great tale Karen; however, you call all that preparation "not gussying up"!!!

caressa
11-13-2008, 05:10 AM
Excellent, Karen... Yes, you were probably one of the couple's dinnertable-topics that eve, lol.

And no-matter-what, the top 3 words in retailing: 'Make The Sale...'

Susan4
11-13-2008, 05:20 AM
Great story ... I hope your 'game' catches on.

In any event, it's a good example of ... if you can't pass, go out anyway and 'be the show'. Your self-esteem and confidence gives you a good time ... and locals something to watch and talk about. Everyone wins.

Hugs

Jonianne
11-13-2008, 05:32 AM
Being a "native" myself, my first thought is Karren be carefull!!! The Hatfields and McCoys did not just "play" feud.

stephanie.ts
11-13-2008, 07:13 AM
I'm going to try to play your game this weekend. Great story!

Miss Tessa
11-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Jonianne is right.

We go so long in between times of violence and arguments with strangers that when the crap finally jumps off again, we're not ready for it and it all happens so fast.

You could go a few months without someone teasing or trying to hurt you in femme mode and the BAM someone does something again and it catches you off guard.

That is why I like to pass as much as I can and not go out looking like I'm in between genders.
Even if it's just making sure both my top and bottom and shoes are femme and throw on some lipgloss, I still gotta pass or blend so people hopefully won't tease or get violent.
It may be exciting to do these little in-between-gender-lets-get-reactions games, but passing helps keep you safe!

erickka
11-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Karren, Only you can get away with pulling something like that, and get away with it! You're too much!! LOL

Rhonda Jean
11-13-2008, 09:45 AM
I've done this a lot. Makeup, hair done, earrings, nailpolish (sometimes). It was kind of my "transition" time back to male mode when I was coming back from out of town when I was married. I didn't feel the need to be perfect, because I wasn't trying to pass. Sometimes my clothes are all male, but usually I'm crossdressed from the toes up, just not obviously so. You know, jeans, flats, unisex top.

Also, around where I live, the places I go frequently only know me in one of three ways. Male, androgenous, or CD. For instance, the dry cleaners and a couple of thrift shops have only seen me as a guy wearing makeup, etc.. Several stores only know the completely fem side. A few have seen me transition from m - f, but once I've gone there fem I don't go back male. Hard to keep track of sometimes, and is at times inconvenient, but I like the options it gives me.

Most surprising? I get a lot of compliments on my makeup when "in between". My makeup is as fem as ever except I stick with brown eyeshadows and more muted lipsticks and I don't scrape my skin off trying to get a really close shave.

CD_DIANE
11-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Hey Darlin....

If you were anywhere near Bluefield, I think they have a mall ?
Also... was there someone playin a banjo ?

Diane

Angie G
11-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Sounds like a fun game Karren.:hugs:
Angie

Kendra Irene
11-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Just one question Karren. Were you wearing any wig at the time? I'm trying to invision you dressed like that and with no wig. LOL

Kendra

Sam-antha
11-13-2008, 11:25 AM
That was a real for fun outing

It sort of goes to show that shop assistants never bother with the customer, just the items involved.
I am not too sure that they even care how many items are involved going by her penultimate remark...

Daphne Renee
11-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Only you Karen could pull off something like that. :) I am glad you had a good time though.

lauraabdl
11-13-2008, 11:29 AM
I've done this at a local Dollar store (dressed somewhat in Femme and mostly in drab) and have not had any bad reactions, some strange looks but no bad comments. I really like how they do double takes but cant find the words.
Laura

Celeste
11-13-2008, 11:41 AM
You did O.K. Karren,I would avoid getting lost up in the mountains though.LOL.

Miss Tessa
11-13-2008, 11:55 AM
I did a double take when I saw you wish a mustache "laura". In fact I think it's downright offensive to women to parody them like that.I have no idea what is going thru your mind. It offends me in some weird kind of way.

shannonsilk
11-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Sometimes I don't even have to try. My hair looks kind of girly and with earrings and gender neutral clothing I have been thought to be female several times. They all look surprised when I end up using the men's bathroom, for instance. Or if they get close enough to see my whiskers.
And then, this one time... they kept peeking into the bathroom from the hall, then going back out to debate what they had seen. or thought they had seen.

stevie b
11-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Karen its great to read about your little adventures, you keep pushing the boundaries.
take care
xx

Sam-antha
11-13-2008, 03:30 PM
I feel that boundaries are there for pooshing and for having fun with.
Most of you have no idea of the fenced boundaries of say 197x. Those walls have now been properly pushed back.

~Samm

Sophia de la luz
11-13-2008, 03:41 PM
I did a double take when I saw you wish a mustache "laura". In fact I think it's downright offensive to women to parody them like that.I have no idea what is going thru your mind. It offends me in some weird kind of way.

Twice today Miss Tessa I've read about how you are offended my other people's apparently inadequate portrayals of women. Are you offended by your own parody of women... or is your portrayal downright accurate. Give me a break. You're posing with a pistol. Most women would probably not deem that anything but a parody. So, please, get off your high horse.

Ronni Seymour
11-13-2008, 03:57 PM
You just can't leave well enough alone, can you, Hockey Girl?!!
Gotta shake things up!:heehee:

unclejoann
11-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Karren, have you finished your Honey-Do list yet? Get back to work.

sissystephanie
11-14-2008, 01:13 AM
Those who have read many of my posts know that I push the envelope almost every day. Since my wife passed away over three years ago, I spend a lot more time dressed. When I am dressed, if I feel like going out I do. No wig, and usually very little, if any makeup! Just a guy in female clothing. I go shopping (both grocery and mall!) and out to eat that way about 3 times a week! I do get some "looks" and a occasional comment, but since I know who and what I am I don't care. Anyway, some of the comment(actually most of them) are compliments on the outfit I am wearing!!!:love: I was buying gas recently while wearing a plaid skirt and a pink top and 3 inch heels. A lady probably in her fifties pulled up to the pump next to me. When she got out of her car she was wearing an almost identical outfit. She looked over at me and said, "for a man you sure know how to dress like a lady!" I just smiled and said, "I like to think so." I saw her at the same service station again and we had a nice chat. She did tell me that I ought to wear a wig, since what little hair I have is cut down to about 1/4 inch!!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Penny
11-14-2008, 01:19 AM
Hi Karren,

I love this game. I use a baggy turtleneck with a bra and little boobs plus small hoop earrings. I generally say nothing. The object is to get people to guess "is she a he or is he a she?". And just when you think they think they know, walk away with you best feminine wiggle and wipe your nose with your sleve! Aint life great.

:hugs:
Penny

Tracii G
11-14-2008, 01:33 AM
Karren you are a trip!!!!!I'd like to party with you Mr miner man.
Wed I went to the PO In guys jeans grey hoodie white Tee no makeup Pink ball cap and a bra and no forms (tiny tiny) black converse tennies.
The lady behind me was having fits trying to address an air mail envelope.She kept looking over at me in disbelief and writing in the wrong spaces.
I was having a hard time holding back the giggles.:eek: