PDA

View Full Version : a crossdresser in every household

quietone
11-13-2008, 11:39 AM
ever wondered if there was a crossdresser in every house.would be kind of cool to find out what the percentage would be.

sandra-leigh
11-13-2008, 11:58 AM
It is very hard to get reliable figures on cross-dressing. There is another active thread at the moment that presents an estimate from a therapist (0.1%), but we really don't know. Many people believe that estimate to be fairly low (e.g., 5-10%), and other people believe the 0.1% estimate to be too high on the basis of "If there were that many of us, why don't we meet them more often?".

I would suggest, though, that further discussion take place in the other thread, "There are a LOT of crossdressers out there", http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94136

immike
11-21-2008, 06:00 AM
It is very hard to get reliable figures on cross-dressing. There is another active thread at the moment that presents an estimate from a therapist (0.1%), but we really don't know. Many people believe that estimate to be fairly low (e.g., 5-10%), and other people believe the 0.1% estimate to be too high on the basis of "If there were that many of us, why don't we meet them more often?".

I would suggest, though, that further discussion take place in the other thread, "There are a LOT of crossdressers out there", http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94136
I am the crossdresser in our family.My life is very secret,because I carry a guilty secret.
My whole entire life,I have been secretly dressing in mothers clothes,although I recently
started to invest in my own wardrobe

Jamie M
11-21-2008, 06:08 AM
it's at the very heart of the problem that when trying to work out the level of cd'ing in the world that cd'ers are on the whole very secretive about what they do so pretty much any figure qouted on the subject it at best a WAG. I've seen figures everywhere from 1% right up to an unbelievable 50% but then that was for a well known and less well respected store in the UK so they were no doubt a little biased on the subject ;)

All we can be sure of it's that regardless of the actual percentage figure we're far far far from being alone :D

tawneyfox
11-21-2008, 06:27 AM
One can make the argument that F2M crossdressing has been around since the early 50's. Think of the time when a Woman wearing pants was a social fau paux. (sp?).

Social acceptance of M2F crossdressing seems to be fairly new. (Milton Berle and Monty Python excepted {RuPaul set us back a few years}). I am seeing in my life that gender fluidity is more and more excepted. I still wouldn't wear a skirt to work. We still have a long way to go, but I do think that what we are working on here at Crossdressers.com and other places is making things easier for all of us. "All of us" in the terms of our community and the general public. :2c:

Deanna2
11-21-2008, 06:36 AM
A CD is usually defined as someone who wears clothes designed for the opposite gender.

That means if your wife wears your old shirt to do the gardening then she is a crossdresser. I defy you to allege that she is (heaven forbid) a crossdresser and live to tell the tale.

What the statistics don't talk about is whether the 'offender' is merely wearing panties or is full on with a dress, wig, etc.

Meanwhile the world lives in ignorance.

Christine Kelly
11-21-2008, 08:15 AM
I believe that the true number is about the same or greater than the estimated homosexual population. 1 in 10, would seem about right. I might even say, 2 in 10 or twenty percent. But, then, that is not counting all the ones who WANT to dress but don't.

Mary Lee
11-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Check out the shirts females ware at fast food joints. They are male shirts. So are females working at fast food joints cross dressers?

I read someware that if every man that has at one time tried on womens clothing, such as there wives panties, then 85% would be the number.

Nadia-Maria
11-21-2008, 03:25 PM
ever wondered if there was a crossdresser in every house.would be kind of cool to find out what the percentage would be.

Before to get figures, you have to give an accurate definition of who you consider as a crossdresser.

If you think a crossdresser is :
. someone who considers him/herself as a CD or TG,
. AND often need to wear female clothes (what means has crossdressed at least several dozens of times if not several hundreds ot thousands of times)

Then you will probably find less than 1% of the male population fitting this definition.

If you think a crossdresser is someone who has ever worn a piece of female clothing you may find a figure higher than 90%.

Heather Dur
11-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Tend to agree with you, Nedia. All a matter of degree, ranging from curious to the need to cd. Would be hard to give it an actual percentage as for most it is such a secret behavior which has become more public with the use of the internet and groups like are here. A interesting question might be "Did you ever find out that someone you know and didn't expect to be a cd is?" I was surprised when bearing my soul to an old and good friend, to have finished telling him of myself, and then having him tell me that he also has been crossdressing. This is someone I have known for most of my life. Needless to say, we had many interesting discussions after we told each other. Would also say that I have told very few people outside of my wife, sister, and that friend.

Karren H
11-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Well were running at 50% in our household... and my wife wears only friggin jeans that i'm going to have to round it up to 100% one of these days!!! :)

gennee
11-21-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm the only Cd in my immediate family. Wife and son knows but not brother and sister. I have Native-American blood and crossdressing and transgender has been identified in over 130 tribes. May be the fulfillment of an Indian prophecy.

Gennee

:)

avril findlay
11-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Reminds me of that old Roxy Music song "In every dream home a heartache".

Deborah Jane
11-21-2008, 08:30 PM
When i read the title of this thread i thought it was an advertisement.

I was expecting something like this....

Family life too mundane?
No surprises in the laundry basket?
Never found odd items of clothing that don,t seem to fit anybody in your house?

Then you need a Crossdresser

Discover items of lingerie you know aren,t yours in strange places throughout the house.
Find wigs, although you know no one who wears one.
Hear rumours from your neighbours about a woman you don,t know coming and going from your home.
Notice stilleto shoe imprints in your flooring, although you only ever wear flats.

And finally....

Watch in amazement as the guy you thought you knew becomes a girl you don,t.

nvlady
11-21-2008, 10:40 PM
When I was growing up I had one brother and no sisters.
I am a CD and my brother is not and does not know about me.
And my brother may be on this forum getting ready to say the exact same thing.
Ha, ha, beat you to it.

trannie T
11-22-2008, 01:49 AM
We have little idea as to how many of us are out there. There are several reasons for this:
With so many of us hidden so deeply in the closet any survey will fail to include those who refuse to identify themselves as crossdressers even to a researcher.
It is difficult to define what constitutes one being a crossdresser, from those who thought about wearing a pair of panties to those who dress 24/7 we are a diverse bunch.
There is little interest in research in crossdressing and crossdressers. We are not a high priority issue for scientific research.
For these and other reasons we don't know how many of us there are and we shall not know for quite some time.

Jocelyn Quivers
11-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Not that it gives an actual percentage or number but look at EBAY as an indicator of there being a large percentage of crossdressers. Does anyone really think GG's are the majority of bidders who are are bidding obsessively paying $30-$40 dollars for 1 pair of pantyhose. Also size 12 shoes, dance leotards, lingerie, and size 12-16 dresses?

Nadia-Maria
11-23-2008, 03:22 PM
When i read the title of this thread i thought it was an advertisement.

I was expecting something like this....

Family life too mundane?
No surprises in the laundry basket?
Never found odd items of clothing that don,t seem to fit anybody in your house?

Then you need a Crossdresser

Discover items of lingerie you know aren,t yours in strange places throughout the house.
Find wigs, although you know no one who wears one.
Hear rumours from your neighbours about a woman you don,t know coming and going from your home.
Notice stilleto shoe imprints in your flooring, although you only ever wear flats.

And finally....

Watch in amazement as the guy you thought you knew becomes a girl you don,t.

LOL !!!!

Deborah, you have a great sense of humour, and this contribution of yours could compete for the best "blonde thought of the year" !!