PDA

View Full Version : Transgender or fetish?

Vicki65
11-13-2008, 02:39 PM
After giving it a lot of thought, and doing a lot of reading, I'm not sure 'Crossdresser Forum' describes this place appropriately. It seems to me that a significant proportion of people would like to present as female 24/7 or actually become female. I imagine this aspect isn't driven by anything sexual.

When I started CDing, the reasons were primarily sexual - or at least when I was old enough to be able to experience sexual feelings it was! When I experienced my first orgasm, I was wearing patent stiletto knee boots!

However, these days, whilst there is often still a sexual aspect to it, it doesn't always involve anything sexual. I frequently dress just because I like the way I feel. I'm wondering what the spectrum of experience here is?

Alex!
11-13-2008, 02:48 PM
The spectrum of gender identity is as varied as the electromagnetic spectrum; that is, there are as many expressions of gender as there are different waveforms - infinite :)

Indeed, the expressions are so diverse that the term "gender" as applied to human identity is losing its meaning entirely. Much like race, in fact. For me, there is H. sapiens. Every individual is a subtle variation on that theme.

Still, people love to talk about these issues as if there is some sort of deeper meaning behind it all :)

As for my crossdressing, I do this today as a form of artistic expression. There is no sexual component.

DeeDeeB
11-13-2008, 02:53 PM
I've always found women's fashion far more interesting than men's. It's such a gas to be able to explore it in a personal way. I'd love to be a fashion designer, but it's such a tough field to get into, and at my age....So I do the next best thing.

Dee :fairy1:

Vicki65
11-13-2008, 03:00 PM
The spectrum of gender identity is as varied as the electromagnetic spectrum <snip> - infinite

Well, not quite. The EM spectrum terminates at one end at DC and the other end (currently) at cosmic rays (being pedantic) :D

Still, people love to talk about these issues as if there is some sort of deeper meaning behind it all :)

Not really my intention. Just being nosey as to who does what for which reason - broadly speaking.

deja true
11-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Um...one from column A...one from column B...one from column C...etc...

All these elements (motivations?) have appeared in each of us, I'm thinkin'.

And for some it's not a matter of a progression from one to the other over time.

'Some times ya feel like a nut...'n sometimes ya don't!'

All are valid, btw!

StaceyJane
11-13-2008, 03:10 PM
I do it because I love being a girl!!!!!

Vicki65
11-13-2008, 03:10 PM

Thats why I left it multi-choice - knock yourself out! :D

Teri Jean
11-13-2008, 03:15 PM
back in my teens it was more of a sexual release but today it is a way of expressing my personality. Keli

2B Natasha
11-13-2008, 03:20 PM
I second the motion put forth by Keli-H.

MJ
11-13-2008, 03:31 PM
it's because i am a woman. There is no sexual component . never was. but everyone does this for there own reason. what ever floats your boat i guess.

avril findlay
11-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Easy, because women's clothes better express my personality.
I couldn't have put it better myself.

ElaineB
11-13-2008, 03:34 PM
We need an "I don't know" option!

LindaTS
11-13-2008, 03:50 PM
There's not much doubt in my mind as to why. I'm a woman, pure and simple. I just hope it becomes a full time proposition in the near future.

Kelly lynn
11-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Just like Keli-H, when I was in my teens, my dressing was more in the form of 'using' items of femanine apparal as an addition to my teen sexual urges etc. Although even then, I soon found myself drawn strongly to wearing (for play) rather than just 'using'. A change took place when I was in my early 20's, and I came to realise that I felt somehow 'different' when partially or fully dressed en-fem and emersing myself in my fem alta-ego. As I explored more, I became aware that I did indeed feel more at home, natural and relaxed when in my girly persona. So for me I guess it started as purely sexual, but became more of an expression of my inner feelings. I'm not unhappy or troubled when masculine, but feel so much more at ease when en-fem and would if able, spend more time as 'Kelly' that as my male self.

Carol Crossdress
11-13-2008, 04:39 PM
I started out wearing lingerie and other "sexy" female clothes as a sexual thing, progressed to putting on lipstick, bought a dress, and then about 15 years ago had a makeover at Carla's in San Jose. When I first saw myself it was like a bright light coming on. I had finally found Carol. Since my wife went through this progression with me we have found some balance but I think now I 'm about 50/50 sexual/expressing a side of myself.

Marvina Martian
11-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Well this was easy enough for me to answer, since I am transitioning! :love:

AmandaM
11-13-2008, 05:56 PM
It's both for me. Doc says I'm a transvestite with transgendered tendencies, according to the old standard. I tend to agree. My gender dysphoria comes and goes.

Mandy60
11-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Because I feel like a woman most of the time.

Nicki B
11-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Thats why I left it multi-choice - knock yourself out! :D

I looked at the thread title and thought 'why can't we do both?' :strugglin

Then I looked at the options and could, at various times, have ticked at least five..

Many of us are fluid - and why shouldn't we be? :)

Ballerina
11-13-2008, 07:26 PM
At first, it was purely sexual. I think the taboo and the part of me denying what I was, brought on that rush. But, now that I've opened my mind, I find it to be more of an expression to a part of me. There's still that buzz, but nowhere near what it used to be.

Jenna1561
11-13-2008, 07:32 PM
it's because i am a woman. There is no sexual component . never was. but everyone does this for there own reason. what ever floats your boat i guess.

I totally agree! I am a woman and sometimes, unfortunately, have to crossdress as a man and go to work. Hopefully one day I'll be able to be me at work.

Jenna

Miss Tessa
11-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey I wanna know on these polls who hit what boxes!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

rhondamichelle
11-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I guess for me it's part sexual part psychological. I relate better to women then men.though I have best friends that are both male and female. In past relationships where my SO has accepted my cd'ing there was nothing more absolutely fantastic than both of us slipping into something slinky and curling up on the couch, you know, that depth of sharing.

Rhonda Michelle

Mitzi
11-13-2008, 07:43 PM
For me, dressing started as a delicious sexual fetish, and after all these years of dressing, it still remains pretty much just that.

Mitzi

docrobbysherry
11-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Vicki, your poll is a GREAT idea! But, I had to hit the first three to cover my bases! I don't think the results will have any meaning!

All these elements (motivations?) have appeared in each of us, I'm thinkin'.
And for some it's not a matter of a progression from one to the other over time.
'Some times ya feel like a nut...'n sometimes ya don't!'
All are valid, btw!

Rite Deja! I can't image many folks clicking just one choice!:doh:

Hey I wanna know on these polls who hit what boxes!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA

The first 3 for me, Tessa. How about u?:heehee:

Lanore
11-13-2008, 08:04 PM
I feel deep inside I am female. Always have and always will. I really don't know how else to feel. I love who I have become.

Lanore

sherib
11-13-2008, 08:16 PM
I just like the look and feel of womens clothes. I like the feel of the clothes against my skin. The thightness of the gridle to shape my body as close as possible to the female shape. And for a few hours to feel feminent. I guess a little of both. does that make sense?

marny
11-13-2008, 08:25 PM
have to agree with MJ

Tess
11-13-2008, 09:19 PM
I almost want to say "the heck if I know". It certainly started out sexual but is now much less so. I love the way dressing makes me feel feminine and I always regret changing back to drab. But I'm not a female and wouldn't want to be one full time so that isn't the reason I CD.

TGMarla
11-13-2008, 09:35 PM
With me it's more of a TG thing, rather than fetish. But I'll admit that some of the fetish clothing I see is fairly erotic and appealing to me. Overall, though, my crossdressing is for expressing a big part of my personality that is decidedly female. It's a conduit for that part of me that needs to express itself in a feminine manner. When I look in a mirror while dressed, I like to see myself as myself, only female.

prissy101
11-13-2008, 09:53 PM
I don't think anyone can say that crossdressing is anything but sexual, for what ever reason we do, it it conects with sexualality.

suit
11-13-2008, 11:17 PM
I don't think anyone can say that crossdressing is anything but sexual, for what ever reason we do, it it conects with sexualality.

aboslultly ! cross what ? sexual perceived bounderys of clothing and manuerizums....wellll that last part might be a stretch . if the clothes say female..and femals desire males ( most of the time ) that road that splits inthe woods makes all the difference.
for me its a imaginary fixation on the pinacal of female forms the interface of her skin with her amazingly tight form fitting clothes....
I fear she has clue to how nice they feel and fit. and if she does ..why wont she share ?

txrobinm
11-13-2008, 11:38 PM
definitely started as fetish. Hard to go out that way, though, so became more mainstream over time. The more I did it, the more it became a reflection of my non-conformist, sensitive side of my personality. I chose the 2 most popular responses.

Joann0830
11-14-2008, 12:00 AM
I dress the way I do because it is my way of expressing who I am inside and feel inside, When I was growing up and going to school the teachers and Nuns always had us write as a means of expression whether it was a book we read or just a story we heard or what we did for the summer vacation, as I had achieved age and experience and education again, I was told that expression is how we show ourselves. In the fine arts of painting and sculptor. we again express ourselves. The point is being creative shows who we are and whats inside of us. When I dress and do my makeup and hair and clothes I feel my artistic side rise to the top in that I am creating not only a picture but a portrait of who I really am and how I percieve the way I should look in appearence, My creative self and artistic self showing ME as my creation to be expressed to everyone. Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

I have seen on this site such Beautiful creations from what was men, I make reference to the post In Boy mode to girl Mode. Such Fine artists:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

Clara
11-14-2008, 12:16 AM
My simple answer would be it makes me feel good and relaxed. When I'm in 'sexy' mood I wear sexy clothes so it could be viewed as 'sexual'. But most of the time it's just about feeling good. No artistic expression, no big effort. I'm just happy to put on female t-shirt and female sweatpants and relax and enjoy myself.

sometimes_miss
11-14-2008, 02:24 AM
Not exactly how sure I am. Not fetish, because I don't need, or use female clothing for sexual pleasure. TG, well, I'm not exactly a female either. Thought processes and the way I see the world are male. Management style is male, verbal patterns, and communication patterns, all male, so I'm pretty sure my physical development during gestation as well as the rest of my life was male as well. I have no attraction to males, in fact, even further, a strong dislike to male musky odor, and a distrust as well, which can probably be linked to molestation as a kid. So you can make a very strong case for the 'nurture' side of the argument for why I feel as if I should have been a girl, why I feel like I should be the girl during sex, and why always I continue to feel like I should be wearing female clothing. Yet, I don't have that 'yearning' to be a girl every moment of the day that most transsexuals I've conversed with tell me about. Not TV, not TS, but more than CD? I don't know where I fit.

erickka
11-14-2008, 07:26 AM
I too am with Kelli and Lisalotte.

Crissy Kay
11-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I am in no. 1!!! It is still kind of a fetish for me. I have tried on other things, and just don't care for them. Its either frilly stuff or drab for me.

rustynail
11-14-2008, 09:28 AM
For me, dressing started as a delicious sexual fetish, and after all these years of dressing, it still remains pretty much just that.

Mitzi

I'm with you there Mitzi,

Vicki65
11-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Nice to see I'm in the second most common group :)

Raquel June
11-14-2008, 05:08 PM
The only answer I really liked was "Because you feel womens clothes better express part of your personality," but that could apply to most people here (and I guess that's why it's the #1 answer so far).

I would call myself transgendered, but I'm still not comfortable saying that I dress "because I'm female." I just don't feel right saying "I'm female" when I present as male during the week.

Even if I got SRS, I doubt I'd say I was female. I'm transsexual, and "female" doesn't tell the whole story anymore than "male" does. I'd rather be female. I wish I had been born female. But no matter what I wear or how many hormones I take, I have male attributes, too.

Jonianne
11-14-2008, 07:38 PM
For me, the two answers "womens clothes better express part of my personality" and "sometimes sexual" both accurately describe my reason for crossdressing. I started at age 7 when dressing as a girl very much resonated with my being. Later at puberty, my male self also found it beautifully erotic. Through the years, I find that my need for expressing the femme part of myself has much more to do with being who I am, than just having erotic feelings.

FlygrlChristy
11-14-2008, 09:49 PM
As for me I'm in a state of flux, from confusion about what I was doing at such an early age, and yeah the pleasure I derived from that. On to dressing more and realizing how much more I enjoyed feeling feminine, pleasure became secondary, sensuality, the look and presentability became more important, and of course shopping. Then to the strong realization that the reason I do this is that I'm TG, feel that I should have been born that way, and regret that things did not turn out that way.:daydreaming:

So the three that fit that shift in my mental faculties, at least, whats left of them would apply.:D

Christy

Samantha43
11-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Not at all sexual
Because you feel womens clothes better express part of your personality

I guess those two would best describe me. Like some of the other girls mentioned here, it was a sexual thing when I was younger. Now it's just part of who I am.

marny
11-14-2008, 11:50 PM
i thought I was more TS until i started spending time here. More CD now. i think it has helped me alot. Love your boots!

Billie_P
11-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Hey I wanna know on these polls who hit what boxes!!ok, I'll bite. Figuratively.

Sometimes sexual, but not always
This sort of ties in with the next selection which is the primary reason for dressing.

Occasionally when wearing lingerie around home, it's time to give the prostate some love'n. :D

With full dress there is the rare desire to "get on my knees" in front of a guy. This hasn't been done. :o

Most time it isn't anything beyond feeling good and free without any sexual content to it.

Because you feel womens clothes better express part of your personality
Typically it just makes me feel better without any sexual consideration. A trip to the video store, convenience store, shopping for clothes.

victoriamwilliams1
11-15-2008, 12:35 AM
For me dressing is a form of expression as well as stress relief with out it being of a sexual nature.