PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comment

Jaydee
11-13-2008, 07:06 PM
The other day I made an off hand comment to my wife about looking forward to having a glass of wine at a charity concert we were attending. She responded with "Why are you drinking so much lately?" I was surprised for a couple reasons. I am not much of a drinker, maybe 3 glasses of wine or beer a month. I admit that I almost never used to drink at home, except at family gatherings. Since our last child moved out a couple months ago, I have felt more comfortable having an occasional wine in the evening. My wife doesn't have anything against drinking, she just doesn't enjoy it much.

It also surprised me because she was apparently more interested in my supposed drinking than my CDing tendencies. She knows that I wear panties(black, no lace) daily and that I have been "experimenting" with pantyhose and bras. I have not been able to discuss my dressing desires with her, she just doesn't want to discuss it. She was more concerned and wanted to discuss the drinking rather than the dressing. I find this interesting and sort of humorous. I would have thought that the dressing would be more of a concern to her. Maybe this is a good sign that her attitude toward my dressing is better than I thought.

It will be interesting to see what happens next. I think convinced her that there wasn't some deep psychological meaning to the occasional wine. Maybe she will be more open to the dressing discussion.

Jaydee

MJ
11-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Maybe she will be more open to the dressing discussion.

Jaydee

you will never know until you try. :hugs:

Sheila
11-13-2008, 07:29 PM
or it could mean hun, that no way in this lifetime is she gonna come anywhere near that "pig in a poke" .......... don't assume anything with us GG's ................ find a time, to sit and talk to her about this, if she says "no way do I want to see it" .......... then you will know where she stands, if she says "fine do it, just don't let me see it" ... then okay .. and if she says "actually your right it does not bother me" then great, good result .....if the latter transpires then, just make sure the dreaded pink fog does not ensue, turning it into .. "well yeah, now it does bother me"
:hugs:

Nicki B
11-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Are you drinking more, lately? :strugglin

Miss Tessa
11-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Somebody who's so prudish when it comes to drinking alcohol, especially as little as you drink which is nothing really....Must be crazy disapproving of crossdressing.

I feel your sorrow.Walk on eggshells!!

That woman you're married to must really think we're doing something bad if she thinks being a drunk is a bad thing.

rhondamichelle
11-13-2008, 07:57 PM
the last child out of the house initiates a transitional phase where like "we took all these yaers to raise the kids and now there gone, what are our roles now?" Usually last until the first grandchild is born then the roles revert back to the ones you had when the kids were home! Except the grandchildren goes home with the kids!

sandra-leigh
11-13-2008, 08:16 PM
That woman you're married to must really think we're doing something bad if she thinks being a drunk is a bad thing.

I have relatives who were deeply affected (physically and emotionally) by drinking-to-excess within the family. They are still struggling to come to grips with it, even 50 years afterwards.

marny
11-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Don'''t know if you saw my last post about pushing the envelope. in my experience it gets harder as you go. Most likely, the furhter you go the more your out there. i just about don't care who knows anymore. I think i need to be out. Not sure how my wife is going to take it.

Jaydee
11-13-2008, 08:37 PM
I don't think I drink much, maybe one drink a week, almost never more than 2 in an evening. It is not that she is not against drinking, it was just that she was concerned that maybe my more frequent drinking at home (she knows that I drink socially on business trips, and that is not a concern) could have some sort of psychological meaning.

I just realized that maybe the two are related, maybe she thinks my more frequent drinking is another aspect of the apparent gender issues. I don't know. I am not ready to bring it up right now. I think I will let the dust settle on this first. Thanks for the comments.

Jaydee

Sammy777
11-14-2008, 06:55 AM
It was just that she was concerned that maybe my more frequent drinking at could have some sort of psychological meaning.

I just realized that maybe the two are related, maybe she thinks my more frequent drinking is another aspect of the apparent gender issues. Jaydee

This is exactly or close to what I was thinking.
She may think your rise in drinking, even as slight as it is, is your way of couping with the don't ask don't tell present CD'ing state in your house right now.

Most people don't notice going from say 6 beers to 8,
but people will notice going from 1 to 3.

Even if you can't get a discussion going about the CD'ing, at least talk to her & tell her that the extra drinks have nothing to do with the CD'ing or inability to discuss it.

If that is indeed the case.
Hell your adults, the kids are gone, so sit back, relax & toss a few back. The job is done, lol, at least till the grandkids come, lol.

Bootsiegalore
11-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Remember in "The Godfather" where the Don (Vito Corleone) says.... "I like drinking wine more than I used to"? AMEN!

I like drinking wine now more than I used to as well!

Tara

trannie T
11-14-2008, 05:18 PM
As an expert in human behavior {I got a 'C' in Psychology} it may be that she mentions your drinking because she will not discuss your crossdressing.

DonnaT
11-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Wine (red) is good for the heart. So an occasional drink if wine is good for you.

But, it doesn't seem like you are drinking enough to get the benifit. ;)

Jennifer Cox
11-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Wine (red) is good for the heart. So an occasional drink if wine is good for you.

But, it doesn't seem like you are drinking enough to get the benifit. ;)

:yt:

I though we were supposed to have 5-a-day :D

Tina B.
11-14-2008, 11:41 PM
:yt:

I though we were supposed to have 5-a-day :D

I thought that was fruit, oh yeah, grapes are fruit!
But for real, maybe be it easier to complain about your drinking, than face the dressing.
Kids are out of the house, people fear change, any change can be scary.

Scotty
11-15-2008, 02:03 AM
If you've ever been with someone with alcoholic tendencies and you see someone you love drinking more than usual, it raises red flags.

I too would be on her side, ONLY until I felt comfortable about the situation - explain the daughter thing etc....

I rarely drink but on occasion - and then in summer sometimes I let loose and everyone questions me.....sure, got drunk a few times last year - had a great time and went back to business as usual with fall......:)

Stephanie-L
11-15-2008, 01:27 PM
I find it interesting that I have gotten almost the same thing from my wife. She knows I like to dress, but doesn't approve at all. So it doesn't come up, she does NOT see it. But, if I take more than 1 drink in a weeks time, she comments that I am drinking too much. I have a stressful job, and lately home life has been difficult, so unwinding with a drink sounds good, but I also know that I could easily make it a habit, so I watch it. I think it is all a part of her control issues, and not one of the better parts of our marriage. Hopefully it will be worked out eventually........Stephanie