PDA

View Full Version : Is that a MAN over there?

Phyliss
11-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Picking up from Karen’s thread of “fool the natives”

I had my appointment for my facial, pedicure and manicure today. ( 3 and a half lovely hours) . So here I am sitting at the nail dryer letting my fingers ‘finish off” and an elderly couple walk in. Hubby is helping her. They were a “walk in” so she could get her hair cut and styled a bit shorter than what she presently had. The reason she wanted it shorter was the fact that she was somewhat blind and had a difficult time combing it, and “he” was all thumbs when it came to something like that. L… , the owner told the lady she’d be happy to do what she could to help her.
“Pa Kettle” takes a seat and “Ma” finds her way to the chair. L… begins to do her thing to the hair, which really wasn’t that long. I had kinda glanced over to them once and went back to watching the world go by from my seat by the window at the dryer.

Now, I should say that I was not dressed in a skirt, ( bad form when getting a pedicure ) nor did I have my wig on. Simply had my hair in a pony tail, light red clip on earrings, along with my ladies plaid shirt and girl jeans, still wearing my flip flops while letting my toes fully dry, and legs crossed, in a delicate fashion.

Didn’t hear exactly what “Ma Kettle” said , but I did hear L… say, “…Yes, he’s one of our good regular customers.”

Besides “Paw”, I knew I was the only other “HE” in there. If one had looked carefully at that moment they would have seen my hat size grow by 4 units. Didn’t acknowledge that I’d heard anything, but simply continued to sit looking out the window. Tried to look out of the corner of my eye to see if “Paw” was checking me out, but without looking directly at him, it was hard to tell.

After my nails dried, L… called me over to the chair for my eyebrow waxing. It was then that I asked her if I thought I’d figured correctly about what was said. L… confirmed my thoughts. Believe me I tipped rather generously today in thanks for the compliment

Seven step cleaning, masque, and moisturizing facial for 45 minutes
Soak, mint masque, sea salt scrub, and paint (with design) pedicure
Acrylic nail fill in and repaint light pink manicure
Eyebrow waxing

$ 107. 00 PLUS 30% tip and reschedule next appointment.

Great way to spend an afternoon

Teri Jean
11-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Phyliss,
Sounded like a beautiful day out and the comments from the owner must have been honey to the ears. I think it's time to make an appointment. Thanks for sharing. Oh yes, Pa Kettle is probably still tring to figure out what happened.HeeHee Keli

Jodi
11-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Phyllis, Combined for manicure, pedicure, and facial, that is about what I pay. I also tip about 25-30%.

Jodi

KateSpade83
11-15-2008, 10:17 PM
OMG - I'd never pay money for any service like that! I want something I can keep, ... clothes!

Sally24
11-16-2008, 10:51 AM
OMG - I'd never pay money for any service like that! I want something I can keep, ... clothes!
Clothes go out of style and wear out. Memories are forever!

renee k
11-16-2008, 02:44 PM

Kate, the pampering that goes along with those things is great for your sole. Not to mention how much better you look when you walk out the door!

Renee

Miss Tessa
11-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Sounds like a fantasy of mine.

I have the money but I don't go downstairs to the salon in the strip mall and get my nails done except only on occasion.

I dont really go for the other stuff but I would like to I just am lazy.