PDA

View Full Version : Feminine fingers

Patti Remick
11-14-2008, 12:26 AM
HI all,
Why do long (and usually painted) fingernails make a hand look much more feminine? It seems to me almost every genetic woman I see (young to old) has long painted fingernails. Also how do genetic women deal with day to day tasks (typing at a keyboard, getting dressed, etc) with long fingernails?

Thanks
Luv and Hugs,
Patti Remick

Penny
11-14-2008, 12:39 AM
You called? I don't post much anymore but long nails make the hand thinner.
One gets used to doing handy tasks. As for me, I sand them, buff them, shape them and use an off white on the tips with clear polish. No matter how the rest of me looks (male or female). "Them's is my nails"!

:hugs:

Penny

sissystephanie
11-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Penny is right. Longer nails do make the hand look thinner and more feminine. I have been blessed with small rather feminine hands even without longer nails. But I do get a manicure (Acrylic) every two weeks. My nails are about 1/4 inch beyond the tips of my fingers and I love them that way. They are also rounded like any woman's and always painted a pale pink!!!:love: BTW, I also get a pedicure along with my manicure. But my toes are uaually a pretty bright red!!!:love:

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

tamarav
11-14-2008, 12:56 AM
Wearing long nails is just like any other thing, it just takes practice. As a hair stylist I cut hair, shampoo, do color (with gloves) and makeup and permanent makeup on people. It just takes some time with them before you become so used to them that they just feel right.
I also keep hemostats around when I can't pick something up or need an extra helper to do something.

Tami

Angie G
11-14-2008, 01:06 AM
They take a little geting use to hun.:hugs:
Angie

Michelia
11-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Wearing long nails is just like any other thing, it just takes practice. As a hair stylist I cut hair, shampoo, do color (with gloves) and makeup and permanent makeup on people. It just takes some time with them before you become so used to them that they just feel right.
I also keep hemostats around when I can't pick something up or need an extra helper to do something.

Tami

You do have some long nails. I cannot believe you can do everything with them like that. They are immaculate.

One day when I get a few days off work I will have to try some.

Violet
11-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Ooh, I can't really function with long nails. Plus, I'm a fairly anxious person, so I chew on my nails all the time. I actually keep them polished to keep myself from biting them! But, like the rest of you, I am in awe of other GGs who can actually maintain long, lovely nails.

Then again, I'm an artist, so long nails wouldn't really be conducive to that anyway.

avril findlay
11-14-2008, 11:41 AM
The hands of the Virgin Mary seem to be elongated in many paintings. Maybe this is why slender hands are supposed to be a female trait?

lil red
11-14-2008, 07:06 PM
For the last month or so I have been letting my nails grow and they have been painted any number of bright colors (although this week was chocolate brown but very shinny). Most people either dont have a reaction or it is a posative one. One of the most manly men that works with me ( he drives a differant truck than I do but we work the same route as we haul coal to a power plant) just told me that he thought it was cool that I paint my nails and even cooler that I have the guts to do it in public. It takes a little getting used to the length but after you do all you have to do is sit back and enjoy them.:2c:

Tess
11-14-2008, 08:09 PM
It seems to me that hands are one of the most difficult parts of our bodies to make appear feminine. It's a size thing (men have bigger, less delicate hands than females) and I don't know of a way to shrink your hands so using a slight optical illusion may help. Longer nails help to make the fingers look longer, hence thinner. I'm not sure how well it works, but at least you get to have pretty finger nails.

Jennie CD
11-15-2008, 12:50 AM
:love: Due to having Cancer and my Chemo treatments - I have long nails - but unfortunatly they are ugly. But now that I have taken 2 bold steps outside - I will be able to have my dear Friend Robbie fix my nails and we shall see. I really would love to have painted nails. And have them long also - with nice dark pink polish. :thumbup:

victoriamwilliams1
11-15-2008, 01:02 AM
I used to wear nails but I have my natural nail just a little longer, however when I wore the long false nails it took a few hours to get used to them.

CD Susan
11-15-2008, 01:22 AM
I am fortunate that I have small hands relative to my body size and height. I keep my nails about 1/4" past my finger tips and always have clear polish on them in drab and some color while en femme. It is difficult to perform some tasks with long nails. I have a lot of trouble putting the small retainers on the back side of pierced earrings. I try to avoid wearing these small earrings and tend to wear types that do not use these small retainers. Having long nails can be difficult at times but is worth it for the sexy look that they have.

Jolene
11-15-2008, 01:32 PM
I have in my opinion attractive female coworkers who keep their fingernails short. In a factory setting it makes good sense. I know other females who have Quite attractive long nails. It guess it depends on what each women is comfortable with. I would fall into the " They break Quite Easy " group.

Tamarav is someone we all admire. :)

Deborah Jane
11-15-2008, 01:37 PM
My hands are small for a guy and i,ve just started growing my fingernails properly. The biggest problem i,ve been finding is texting on my mobile [cell] phone, most of my text messages look like they,ve been sent by someone who can,t spell [Oh hang on, thats normal for me :doh:]

joann07
11-15-2008, 02:38 PM
I have relatively small hands too. Luckily my body size and height are right around the average of most GGs so I blend in very well.

Around my area, I don't see very many GG's with long nails or polished nails so I don't grow them too long nor to do I use nail polish.
However, I do see lots and lots of nail polished toes because most GGs around here wear sandals, thongs, slippers, and flip flops.
Because I'm a feet and toes admirer, nothing beats seening them, especially covered in nylon, while I'm out and about. :c9:

Hugs!

rhondamichelle
11-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Unfortunately when I dress I have to use press-ons because I play guitar and have to keep my real nails short!

Rhonda Michelle

TGMarla
11-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Long nails help one's appearance quite a bit, especially when you suffer from "guy hands" like I do. Fat, wrinkly, weathered stubby guy fingers....grrrr.....bring on the nails, and some of that goes away for a while.

Michelia
11-15-2008, 11:04 PM
I cannot believe you do not get major reactions to this. Maybe one day I will try this. But where I work I would not dare to even use clear polish. They already make comments and they are only as long as my finger tips! They are too neat and pretty I think.

For the last month or so I have been letting my nails grow and they have been painted any number of bright colors (although this week was chocolate brown but very shinny). Most people either dont have a reaction or it is a posative one. One of the most manly men that works with me ( he drives a differant truck than I do but we work the same route as we haul coal to a power plant) just told me that he thought it was cool that I paint my nails and even cooler that I have the guts to do it in public. It takes a little getting used to the length but after you do all you have to do is sit back and enjoy them.:2c: