PDA

View Full Version : It is done

kysmet
11-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Well, it's been a while since I've posted on here. But I felt this was important enough to share.

I have finally taken that last step necessary in my cd'ing life. I told my dad that I'm a crossdresser. All of the important family members already know about me. He was the last one I needed to tell in order to be happy in my life.

Ten years ago I met my dad for the first time since I was 2 1/2. He left for his own reasons and then my mother made sure he never had contact with me again by telling his mother that I had died in a car wreck when I was four. My sister was actually the one who found him all these years later. Turned out to be quite the Springer story once we all got together and met. Oh, he also didn't know he had a daughter. :)

Anyway, I wanted to tell him. Hell, I tell just about everyone I know about it. I'm not shy about my crossdressing. That is unless I know it will do me harm (i.e. get me physically hurt, lose my job due to intolerance, etc.). But it's rare that I keep it inside. I always make sure that if I'm interested in a woman that she knows up front. So, when I met my dad I wanted to tell him. Then I met his wife and that decided me right there. I wouldn't tell him.

Well, he got divorced and moved on and another woman moved herself into his life. This one turned out to be no better than his ex. So, once again I couldn't tell him due to her. Now, seven years later he finally sees what kind of woman she is and kicks her out of the house.

By the way, I've been living with him since June of last year due to an ugly little situation in my life. Which isn't over yet. But I'm keeping a positive attitude about it.

Anyway, that was in July of this year when he decided to get rid of her. Well, with work and then him getting a new girlfriend I worried that things would start all over again. Not true. Turns out that this lady has two gay brothers and one of them dresses drag. She has a funny story about how her brother looks like their father in drab and their mother in drag. So, I keep my ears open and listen to her when she talks. I slip a thing or two in here and there to test the waters and I figure she's okay.

Halloween day I decided to tell my dad. I was as nervous as a long tail cat. But I did tell him, in my own way. I should have known what the response would be, but you know how that fear in us can be devastating.

He looked at me and said 'I know, I've know for a while. I was just waiting for you to tell me yourself.'

Well, I had decided that it was time for me to move back to Texas and thought that by explaining this to him he would understand better my need to get somewhere I can dress. He said he understood and that everyone has to live their own life and this is not the place to live my life the way I want to. He is sad that I want to move. He says this has been the best year and a half he's had with me. He wishes I wanted to stay forever, but we know that won't happen.

So, I won't say that telling everyone is a good thing. Sometimes prudence does play a good part. I will say that I've been mildly surprised by my family's reaction every time I told one of them. I've been blessed to have the positive reaction most of you dream of. I won't say that my life is perfect, but at least I can say that part of it is now complete.

Now if I could just fix the rest of it, I would be perfect. :D

Ericka Jean

Shelly Preston
11-15-2008, 01:41 PM
I am glad you finally managed to tell him but you did the right thing in doing it in your own time

I hope your other troubles get solved too

Sheila
11-15-2008, 01:45 PM
It is nice to hear positive outcomes on telling family and friends ............. to many have unhappy endings ......... am glad this worked out for you and that you are good friends with your dad as well :):hugs:

Di
11-15-2008, 07:26 PM
So glad things worked out in such a positive way with your dad:hugs: Wishing you much happiness in your future :love:

Scotty
11-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Best CD story I have read yet - glad it worked out.

Be glad you have him in your life too - many people do not - sounds like he's a good dad...

After thinking he lost you in a car wr eck I can only imagine he's happy to have you in his life as well.

Samantha43
11-15-2008, 07:44 PM
That's a wonderful story! I'm glad it worked out so well for you and your dad!

Sandra
11-15-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm so glad things have worked out for you :hugs:

MarcellaMcNul
11-15-2008, 08:02 PM
That is a wonderful story. Thanks for sharin'!

Janie Gunn
11-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Thats a lovely story, and so nice that you had such a positive response from your father re your crossdressing.

Janie

Miss Tessa
11-16-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm gonna pop the question to my parents.

They know I'm a Transsexual and I am 24/7 and out but to be finally happy I gotta ask, "So did you know before I told you?"

My mom did ask one day early in transition when I had girl's jeans and lipgloss and mascara on "Are you a girl? Are you a transvestite?"

I told her "I hate the word transvestite.It's an obsolete word."

That's how I had responded at the time.