PDA

View Full Version : I had an open door...

susancheerleader
11-15-2008, 09:41 PM
... but shut it HARD!

Tonight, I was at my sisters, to celebrate my nieces 17th birthday.
One of my nieces knew of my "Cheerleader" dressing on Halloween.
From that, it spread to my sisters, of course. But nothing was said.

Tonight, while at the birthday party, my sisters and friends got a bit drunk.
On the Ipod, came the song "I'm just a sweet transvestite" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Everyone was surprised that yea, I knew the song when it started...

Some where, my sister mentioned me dressed as a cheerleader. Another friend, then asked if I was a transvestite and don't worry saying I am.(Note: To me there is a difference of a transvestite, and a cross-dresser)
Of course, due to many things, I denied I like dressing in girls clothes.
I didn't feel it was time to open up yet, although the door was open for me to do so.
I guess I just don't have the nerve yet.

Teri Jean
11-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Susan,
Your time will come and when it's right you will know. But the get together with the girls must have been fun. I dressed for Halloween and did a pre Halloween preview in a different skirt and blouse for my sisters-in-law and they loved it. Only one has been told that I dress on a regular basis, like daily, but the others must suspect. Have fun girl and hike the skirt now and then. Huggs Keli

Genifer Teal
11-20-2008, 07:12 PM
I would have said something open ended like: "I had fun dressing as a cheerleader but I am not like Dr Fank N Futter."

That is just me. I like to take the middle ground.

Gen

linnea
11-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Especially in the past four or five years, I have hoped for and listened for "openings," but as yet none have developed. My wife wore some of my boxers (she doesn't know that I don't wear them myself any more except to sleep in sometimes). When she announced that she was wearing them, I thought that I should take that lead and say that now I would have to wear some of her underwear. I didn't say it, but I've been thinking that if she wears mine again, I may see how she responds to my saying that I guess that I'll wear hers.
I think that she'll probably just laugh it off, but who knows.

Angie G
11-20-2008, 09:37 PM
That's OK Susan when you want them to know then you can tell them. Don;t do it before your ready hun.:hugs:
Angie

erickka
11-21-2008, 07:49 AM
I agree, susan. You'll know when the time is right to tell . I think you handled that well.

yms
11-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Yeah, I agree. Don't beat yourself up over something like this. You were caught off guard. Next time (and there will be a next time) you'll know what to say.

Yvonne

Jess_cd32
11-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Didn't sound like the time or place to me either, esp when everyones been drinking ontop of it.

LisaElizabeth
11-21-2008, 08:36 AM
I don't think alcohol and coming out are compatable!!!
I think when you decide to bare all, it should be to a sober person!!!
Just my 2 pennies,
Lisa E

SANDRA MICHELLE
11-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Yeh you could walk through that door and you would never be able to close it again. Do things on your own terms but remember that you control the time you can open up unless you get caught by someone that knows you and then you have less control.

Vivian Best
11-21-2008, 10:54 AM
My brain is just not quick enough to take advantage of opportunities like yours that come along every once and a while. My wife knows I'm a CDr so it's not just that but other moments that are missed opportunities. Later, I think of real witty and great come backs that are too late to take advantage of the opportunity in time. Oh, darn it!!!!

Carly D.
11-25-2008, 05:53 PM
I had a similar situation a couple years ago on New Years Eve when we were playing clue dvd and I had to be miss scarlet and my brothers were saying they always knew I was that way.. I just said yep.. that's me.. wish it could have stuck.. but everyone was buzzed... and I was sober..

Amy Hepker
11-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Oh come on, now don't you wished you would have told them, you may have had fun with them. They may have even helped you. They may have taken you out. Another missed chance. Better luck next time.

CandyDarling
11-25-2008, 06:26 PM
I saw Craig Killbourne on television - when asked if it was true if he was a crossdresser he replied, " Yes - but just a little bit!" It completely deflected the question. That question that I am just waiting for when its my turn to be asked.

StacyCD
11-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Wait a minute! I just wish I had the opportunity to dress up as a cheerleader for Halloween!