PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing and emotion!

emmicd
11-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Crossdressing is a way to express my feminine side and a way to stimulate my emotions. Guys don't express emotion like girls do. When I'm in male mode I am not very expressive. When I crossdress I am flodded with emotion. I get all excited in slipping on my undergarments and pantyhose. I enjoy putting on my pretty dress and cute cardigan, sweater or jacket. I also enjoy slipping into my girly shoes. I am so emotional when I crossdress. It is exciting and fun to dress as a girl!

Do other crossdressers get emotional when they dress like a girl?

emmi

Clara
11-16-2008, 12:00 AM
I am emotional no matter whether dressed or not. (I'm afraid I've always been way too sensitive for a guy).

Danielle Hyatt
11-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Yes I do when I put on my bra and froms.

Danelle

docrobbysherry
11-16-2008, 12:05 AM
I FEEL emotions, but often don't show them!

Male or female mode, same-o same-o!:o

Kate Simmons
11-16-2008, 06:00 AM
Dressing can sometimes serve as a vehicle for getting in touch with our feelings and emotions. These feelings and emotions are inherent in all of us. As guys we suppress them mostly due to societal conditioning but this is really artificial. True freedom comes when we are able to express ourselves freely in either mode and realize we can be ourselves regardless. Sure it's nice to have all the "glitter" and the ability to look nice but it's not always necessary.

When we realize the energy is free flowing, it not only goes a long way in enhancing how we demonstrate the feelings but affects our overall outlook as well. Put simply when we become a genuine person, it shows others who we are inside regardless of external appearance. This is the "secret" that women instinctively know. When we finally get past the "preliminaries" we understand that it's the person who makes the clothes and not the clothes that make the person.:)

Miss Tessa
11-16-2008, 06:09 AM
I do this 24/7 so I am now just on regular emotional rollercoasters. (Tessa's manic-depressive)

What I'm saying is once you do this 24/7 you just become emotional about other things in your life and CD'ing or being TS is no longer a vehicle for emotion.

You can still express which clothes you like to wear though.

Sarah...
11-16-2008, 06:17 AM
True freedom comes when we are able to express ourselves freely in either mode and realize we can be ourselves regardless. Sure it's nice to have all the "glitter" and the ability to look nice but it's not always necessary.

:yt:

As I intimated in another post nearby, I spent a lot of time putting down the real me to try and present as "typically male". Yeah, daft I know, I even had a screwy view of what was typically male. I stopped all that malarkey and now let the emotions do what they want. This is an infinitely better way to live. I cry more but I laugh more too. Life is just more enjoyable with the proper emotions doing their thing.

Sarah...

avril findlay
11-16-2008, 06:32 AM
If you were a boy raised in Scotland To show any emotion except laughter or scorn would mean you were a "girl" or a "poof".

Sarah...
11-16-2008, 06:43 AM
If you were a boy raised in Scotland To show any emotion except laughter or scorn would mean you were a "girl" or a "poof".

Oh, yes indeed!! I was regularly referred to as such until I learned to suppress that part of me and to stop having girls as friends.

Sarah...

Kate Simmons
11-16-2008, 06:47 AM
:yt:

As I intimated in another post nearby, I spent a lot of time putting down the real me to try and present as "typically male". Yeah, daft I know, I even had a screwy view of what was typically male. I stopped all that malarkey and now let the emotions do what they want. This is an infinitely better way to live. I cry more but I laugh more too. Life is just more enjoyable with the proper emotions doing their thing.

Sarah...What I finally realized Sarah is that there is no such thing as being "typical" male or female. That is all an illusion generated by the facades of society and we tend to perpetuate it either intentionally or unintentionally. Once we get that idea out of our heads, we are free to move forward to become the real person we are. We begin by breaking the "taboos" to express our true nature. One has to be careful with this, however, as we can very easily just exchange one set of "standards" for another. To truly accept ourselves we need to accept all of the feelings. Then who we are is determined by us and no one or nothing else.:)

Janie Gunn
11-16-2008, 07:06 AM
I've always considered myself too emotional, but nothing changes in that regard when I put on girly clothes. I tend to be sillier, trying to act girly in front of the mirror etc, but thats about it.

Janie

deja true
11-16-2008, 07:08 AM
My own experience reinforce Arianna's and Sarah's advice.

My attitude and emotions remain the same as deja or as what's-his-name these days. And as Sarah so concisely put it...

This is an infinitely better way to live. I cry more but I laugh more too. Life is just more enjoyable with the proper emotions doing their thing.

But just to maintain a little peace and avoid the snide remarks, what's-his-name puts up a little more of a butch appearance (with expressions and gestures) than deja when he's surrounded by macho workmates. But on her own or with copacetic friends, deja is deja, dressed or not!

It was a little revelation to realize that what's-his-name's was the manufactured personality, not the other way around.

FanciJewel
11-16-2008, 07:39 AM
I have head this refered to as emotional literacy. Men have the same emotions as women but they are not as literate. They don't know what to say or do to show emotion. Women on the other hand do know what to say and do to show emotion. When I dress it seem as though I become more emotionally literate. My wife recognizes it and often comments that I need to "get dressed" so I am more emotionally expressive. It is a strange change but it happens.:thinking:---Fanci

Deborah Jane
11-16-2008, 07:53 AM
As a guy i used to be emotionally cold, until i learned to accept the girl inside myself.
I think a lot of this comes from our upbringing, when i was growing up as a boy you got told to "stop crying and be a man". If you showed any emotion other than those accepted as being masculine you were ostracised by any other guys with you.
In my case, being aware of what and who i am, i went to the other extreme to hide who i was, i never showed emoticion in any form and that seemed to make me more of a guy than the other guys.
Nowadays i,ve accepted who i am and i,m a far happier, better balanced person for it.

avril findlay
11-16-2008, 08:17 AM
I have to agree. My attempts at trying to be "macho" were a bigger disaster than the Titanic. More like the Queen Mary!

Jonianne
11-16-2008, 08:40 AM
I have always been extremely sensitive, but it wasn't untill I totally accepted my femme self and not repress it, that I have allowed myself the freedom to be very emotional. Now, it doesn't matter if I am dressed or not.

Funny, a few years ago when my son wanted to go to the movies with me, he asked me, dad, you're not going to cry like you did the last time are you?

Teri Jean
11-16-2008, 08:47 AM
I have to agree with Clara, I have always been more emotional and feeling than most men but when you get up in the morning and dress for breakfast at 4:30 am just to change into the work attire two hours later you have to know the feeling is great. I'm fully dressed and it is Sunday morning and it is 7:47am. What is a girl to do. GET DRESSED and have fun. Huggs Keli

MarinaTwelve200
11-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Not that I am all that emotional to begin with, but when I CD, I can drop all of my male "guards" and habitual restrictions in that department---Its ONE of the main reasons that I find CDing to be so "relaxing", "de-Stressing", etc. something less to worry about or be concerned with.

jules3367
11-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Crossdressing is a way to express my feminine side and a way to stimulate my emotions. Guys don't express emotion like girls do. When I'm in male mode I am not very expressive. When I crossdress I am flodded with emotion. I get all excited in slipping on my undergarments and pantyhose. I enjoy putting on my pretty dress and cute cardigan, sweater or jacket. I also enjoy slipping into my girly shoes. I am so emotional when I crossdress. It is exciting and fun to dress as a girl!

Do other crossdressers get emotional when they dress like a girl?

emmi

Most definitely - that's part of the reason i do it !

sometimes_miss
11-16-2008, 09:55 AM
I guess I am because I only dress at home, alone. I can express whatever I want to, with no consequences. In public, I have to hold my thoughts to avoid embarrassing moments. So, yes. I'm more emotional when dressed up.

BrianaMarie
11-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Girls, I have to admit that I am thankful that my SO is a CD for this exact reason. There are so many men that can not relate with a GG on an emotional level and lets admit most men can't relate on almost any level imaginable, lol. I often tease her about being in "guy mode", when she's being arrogant, questioning my thought process, teasing or simply not relating, lol. As a GG, it's nice sometimes to have that "guy mode" but when I'm feeling emotional or need that added support it's nice to have someone who can open up emotionally, relax and if not totally at least somewhat understands my trials and tribulations as a woman. :o

Karren H
11-16-2008, 10:33 AM
I don't get any more emo dressed enfemme than in drab....

unclejoann
11-16-2008, 10:43 AM
I think I allow myself to be happy when I am dressed.

nicole123
11-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I can so relate with a lot of what is said, growing up and being told “you are too emotional, stop Crying! Man up.” Forced me to just hold all of it in. then I start showing aggression and anger, because that is the manly thing to do, and then everyone has a problem with that. Now later in life I do understand , no yin without yang.

Annie D
11-16-2008, 11:45 AM
When I am dressed in drab (most of the time), I feel as though I in a corner at a party and I am just watching everyone else enjoy themselves and have a good time. I hardly ever come out of this type of behavior and personality. I am somewhat reluctant to let people know much about me. I may let them know what I have done in the past but never about who I am. In my job, I am a leader and a motivator and facilitator and when I am working, I feel as though I am performing a part and playing the role that is expected of me and I try to play the part to the best of my ability.

When I am dressed as a woman, I somehow feel as though "Wow! Here I am in a skirt, feminine top, wearing makeup....oh the heck with it, I might as well be outgoing and happy because that's the way I feel!" Although fear of being outed is constant, I feel liberated because this is who I am for everyone to see, no secrets, no lies, just me they way that I am the happiest.

When I am Annie, I am outgoing and friendly with total strangers and when I am my male self, I really need to know you before I can be as outgoing and let my guard down. Sometimes I feel guilty in drab because I feel as though I am living a lie but it's okay to lie because I really just playing a part in a play.

Annie D
11-16-2008, 12:01 PM
If you read my first post, here is what happens to me every year about now.

I am a high school volleyball coach and we celebrate our concluded season with a banquet and the girls all dress semi-formally (yes, I am jealous) and I stand before the players and parents and talk about the wonderful things that their children have done, shared together and taught me through the time I have had the pleasure of experiencing with them during the season or years in the program.

Several times when looking back to the year and the things that we have shared and relating how proud I with them, I always, always break down with tears and cannot talk again until I compose myself enough to continue and then a few minutes later, it happens again.

Emotional......not me, I'm a macho male coach!