PDA

View Full Version : Are you a girl?

emmicd
11-16-2008, 12:04 AM
If you crossdress do you identify more as a girl?

When a guy crossdresses is he escaping his malehood and embracing girlhood?

Why do we as guys find dressing as girls so fascinating and enjoyable?

I know most guys would never dream of wearing a dress. I dream of wearing a dress all the time and I am a guy. Are other crossdressers girl wannabes or just guys who love femme fashion?

I guess I'm a bit of both. I like to dress because I like the feel of girlhood. I'm a guy though. I also love femme fashion.

emmi

Jenna1561
11-16-2008, 12:08 AM
I am a girl/woman. I label myself as pre-op transsexual.

Jenna

docrobbysherry
11-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Both for me too, Emmi. :)

And I'm TOTALLY clueless why I'm compelled to do this! And why I get such a charge out of it!:eek:

serinalynn
11-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I like being dressed femme. I like the feel of womens clothing. I'd like to ID myself as a woman, however I still have to work as a guy.

Billie Jean
11-16-2008, 12:38 AM
I love to wear dresses and makeup but I still like my guy time, so maybe I'm ambidextrious but not gay because I'm only attracted to women. Billie Jean

AmandaM
11-16-2008, 01:48 AM
For me, it's an outer expression of my inner feelings. The only way I can match what I feel inside.

bobbie_1048
11-16-2008, 01:53 AM
I like being dressed femme. I like the feel of womens clothing. I'd like to ID myself as a woman, however I still have to work as a guy.

For me, it's an outer expression of my inner feelings. The only way I can match what I feel inside.

it just feels so right, like that's the way it shoulda been :2c:

Tracii G
11-16-2008, 02:08 AM
I like stepping out of one part of me and into the other.
I feel good dressed up as a woman I feel good dressed as a guy too.
I love being looked at in girl mode by other women.
Went shopping in girl mode all day and none of the other ladies payed much attention to me no giggles ohh or ahhs.It was truly a great girly day.

Paul[a]
11-16-2008, 02:48 AM
Well, I'm a pre-op transexual, finishing school as a guy - Am I cross-dressing when I'm wearing my 'Typical Male' style of clothes, or when I'm in a dress or skirt? :daydreaming:

I've been already been called a Gender-Traitor, a Hypocrite, a Coward, and Worse - Trust me, you can't beat me up any more than I beat myself up!

I AM a Girl, but born as a male, and I am prostituting myself by continuing to 'pass' as a male, solely for the purpose of retaining my scholarship to attend school - Without my degree, I can't afford the cost of my final transition or pay off my existing debts. :chained:

I may be alone in being born male, accepting my transexuality, taking the hormones, and now having to bind my (admittedly minimal) breasts so I can 'pass' as male, but I do recognize that many others live with their own complications and difficult decisions -
We all make choices, and are often forced to compromise, to achieve our ultimate goals in life. Only time will tell if it is (or was) worth it.

"Life is a Journey, but WHY does it have to be So Damn Bumpy?"

Hugs, Paula

...2:47 AM, wondering whether this post goes too far, or says too much...

VeronicaMoonlit
11-16-2008, 04:07 AM
No, I am not a "girl", I'm 41 years old. We use the word "girl" as a descriptor for a pre-pubescent young woman. Am I a pre-pubescent young woman? No, I am not. I am not a "girl", "gurl" or even a "grrl". If luck, fate, and hope go my way I might end up a "woman" eventually. And hopefull by then I will be wise enough to be a credit to womanhood, someone other women can respect and admire as a woman.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Penelope
11-16-2008, 04:19 AM
Emmi,
I identify more as a female.I would say girl but I'm in my mid 40's now so perhaps'woman' would be the appropriate description?.

I hate being male more and more as I am a gentle person and many others have noticed that I am becoming moreso as I age.I hate conflict and macho male posturing and the entire facade (sorry guys no offence).

Being a musician I only enjoy being male when playing or listening to music(but not keen on most musicians I've met due to ego problems,and immaturity,etc). Having said that my gurl self is always just under the surface and I feel like telling others...

I love animals deeply and care for other people who are suffering injustice and make it known.
So overall I think more like a woman/girl and lately do not care who notices, hehe!.

Good question that Emmi,

Big Hugs to you

Penelope
:hugs:

Janie Gunn
11-16-2008, 04:43 AM
No, I dont identify as a girl. I like the feeling of womens underwear and I like the fashion. I've always been a male fashion junkie, and I'm always admiring the clothes I see some chicks dressed in, so for me I suppose its more of an escapism, a fun thing to do.

Janie

Deborah Jane
11-16-2008, 04:54 AM
I wish i had been born a girl.
But as i wasn,t, i was born a guy. [natures cruel like that sometimes :sad:]
I,m not really a girl.
I,m not really a guy.
So i must be a GURL!!!!

Jenniferpl
11-16-2008, 06:03 AM
I would say I am a lady in transition. My wife calls me a girlyguy. It just feels so right as a woman.

Miss Tessa
11-16-2008, 06:10 AM
I'm a girl. I'm a Pre-op transsexual.

Sarah...
11-16-2008, 06:12 AM
No. I identify as a woman. I have identified as female for 30 years but spent most of that time denying it on a daily basis as physically I clearly wasn't a woman. I would tell myself to "stop being silly and get on with being a man". It doesn't work!! In fact I spent way more effort in making sure I wasn't a woman every day of my life than I spend now just being me.

So, never really had the chance to be a girl, making up for it by being the best woman I can be now, whatever I'm wearing.

Sarah...

altoid71
11-16-2008, 06:23 AM
Am i a girl? genetically NO. Sometimes do i wish i was temporarily? YES

I enjoy being a guy and a lot that goes with it.

I think what drives us to dress is that feel of being sexy. Women's sex appeal is very strong. I personally yearn to have that unquenchable femenine sex appeal daily. Would i give my sexual identity up permanently to attain it? NO Would i value this feel when i dress if i were born a woman? probably not

This is what makes being a male crossdresser so enjoyable. When i feel sexy in my drag, im happy as hell. Sometimes i imagine myself as a femenine sex icon able to seduce men. am i gay? HELL NO. Its the combo of sexuality and femininityi crave.

Ultimate fantasy is me with another girl but me as a transexual.

take it for what its worth. I am a man, but 3 days a week from 10pm to 3 am i am fully a woman.

lynn2c
11-16-2008, 06:50 AM
I identify as a girl when I'm dressed. That's my "inner child", or so my therapist says. I"m still a guy though and see my self as that, although I don't care for that part as much. It's like my good traits are female and the ones I don't really care for are male. I spend 95% of my time dressed in male mode, so I'm finding ways to let lynn out without dressing the part. Not easy, but I'm working on it.

Anna the Dub
11-16-2008, 07:30 AM
I identify as female. To put a label on it, I am a pre-op transsexual. Some day, I want to remove that 'pre' and make it 'post'.

MJ
11-16-2008, 07:38 AM

Jenna

there are many many pre-op transsexual. here but they are in denial ...
as for me I too label myself as pre-op transsexual.

FanciJewel
11-16-2008, 07:57 AM
I am a guy because those around me recognize me as a guy. They know me as a guy and interact with me as a guy because I was born a guy and those around me responded to that fact. However, I do not like guys they are boring, "dumb", narrow-minded and ugly. I have found that I have migrated toward women and their conversations, emotions, intellect, and open-mindedness. Women are gentle and kind. Women are intuitive. I have often looked around when in a group of people and found that I am in a group of women and enjoying the relationship and conversation as a women. My department at work is made up only of women. This is not a sexual attraction but a relational one.--Fanci

Teri Jean
11-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm a guy that loves to dress as a woman. Would I like to be a woman, maybe for a time but I like the things I do as a male. I guess I would have to say................................. Oh I don't know but I'm having fun and enjoying the ride, does that make sense? Ooooops I have the blond wig on again. Keli Got to go change again.

Tasha McIntyre
11-16-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm TOTALLY clueless why I'm compelled to do this! And why I get such a charge out of it!

I'm with Doc robby here. I don't know why I dress, but I sure do love it!

Janie Gunn
11-16-2008, 09:19 AM
FanciJewel,
However, I do not like guys they are boring, "dumb", narrow-minded and ugly. , and I think you are just proving that SOME are, making THAT comment!

Janie

sometimes_miss
11-16-2008, 09:19 AM
yes.

Sometimes. But not always.

Various reasons. You can have ten different people, and ten different reasons.

I know most guys would never dream of wearing a dress. I dream of wearing a dress all the time and I am a guy. Are other crossdressers girl wannabes or just guys who love femme fashion?
Could be either, or both. I would want to be a female because it fits more of other parts of my life that I cannot change. But there are distinctly male parts of my personality as well. Which is why I describe myself as pangendered. I have an interesting mix of both male and female thoughts, ideas, desires, and behaviors. My frustrations with being a male, and being unable to express my female feelings, are much greater than the opposite, due to the way our society is structured. There is much that a female can do that for a male, is just not acceptable. Yes, the reverse used to be true, but times have changed. While women cannot really 'have it all', they do have a choice as to what they want to try to have. Straight men do not. We have one, and only one, role to play. Leader; provider; protector; we're not allowed to complain, we must be strong and stable, always. We must be willing to sacrifice ourselves for others. And of course we must never ever embrace female behaviors lest we make others feel insecure because of it. Much as women were 'trapped' into a certain lifestyle expectancy until very recently, men are often now the ones, 'trapped'. It will take a while for things to change.

Katie Ellen
11-16-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm not a girl. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Jennifer Devine
11-16-2008, 09:27 AM
I prefer being a woman to a man any day!
The clothes are more comfortable and sexy and i just love making myself look beautiful.
I really love wearing skirt suits! It just feels really sexy dressing like a professional woman;)
I'm a straight male but when i'm a woman, i just feel like i want to wrap my arms around a hunky guy. The emotions of being a woman just makes me fantasize! ;)

Jennifer xxxxxx

MarciManseau
11-16-2008, 09:44 AM

Jenna

I'm a no-op transsexual, no-op because I'm content as I am, and surgery scares me. Besides I doubt I could ever afford it, unless I meet a rich man.

I'm also completely bisexual, preferring to choose a lover for who they are rather than what they are. On that, we both agree.

Sherry-Stephanie
11-16-2008, 09:54 AM
For me now that I'm about 8 months into this and I guess I'm pass the fad or curiosity stage....I find that for me it it allows me to be both female and male and crossover from one to the other...what does that make me....my guess is I'm "bi gendered" where I feel most comfortable being either or and just when the mood strikes me and I can dress female I take on a female"ish" feeling....like now I've got just heels and when I walk in them I feel like I'm walking like a woman and feel like a woman...so it works for me as far as my feelings and as well as my identiy and acceptances goes....Not sure if I would say I'm a freak of nature or just enlighten to the point that I feel OK with it all....guess it all depends upon where your sitting ....

sometimes_miss
11-16-2008, 10:28 AM
More girl than boy, enough for it to become an obstacle in my life. But not so much that I cannot function at all, for which I guess I should be happy. It could always be worse.

Jessicaparkson
11-16-2008, 11:23 AM
I classify myself as a pre-op transsexual.

suzypier
11-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Sometime I really wonder if I am not a girl inside a man body ?????

StaceyJane
11-16-2008, 02:24 PM
When I dress I feel like a woman.

justmetoo
11-16-2008, 11:49 PM
No, I'm a guy who likes some so-called "girl" things.
Is a woman who likes some so-called "guy" things a boy?

Clara
11-17-2008, 12:24 AM
Yes and no. When dressed I am a girl who knows that she's a man and who enjoys being a man who enjoys being a girl. Is that clear?:)

Brandiwvr
11-17-2008, 12:45 AM
as popye said i am whos i am.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
11-17-2008, 01:47 AM
Me?

When I am dressed up...

I am a faery Queen :)

*hugs*

Zarabeth

renee k
11-17-2008, 08:25 AM
there are many many pre-op transsexual. here but they are in denial ...
as for me I too label myself as pre-op transsexual.

I guess I'm in denial as well. I have done things to make myself passable, such as electrolysis, dabbled with hormones, minor plastic surgery etc; But just can't take the steps to follow through with becoming a full time transsexual. Family and career being the reasons. Maybe if I win the lottery I'll throw those concerns to the wind and become who Iam deep down inside.

Huggs, Renee

Terra_Branford
11-17-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't identify as anything, male or female. I don't think I have a gender identity at all. I do love dressing though, partly because women have infinitely better choices as far as personal appearance goes, which gives me a little extra self-confidence, and partly because a haphazard mix of masculinity and femininity like me is more acceptable from a woman than a man, so I can be myself more.

obsessedwithpantyhose
11-17-2008, 09:36 AM
while i wish i had been born female,,im not gona change into one,,,
but i feel its not fair that only females get to wear all the fun clothes,,,the freedom of movement you get wearing a skirt is unexplainable unless you have worn one,,,and i know you all dont want me to get started on about how much i LOVE wearing pantyhose... :D :D

MarciManseau
11-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Is it possible that transgendered people are truly a new gender? Wow, maybe I'm Evam = Eve + Adam.

Smoochies, Marci :love:

paulaluvssz8
11-17-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm a guy who loves to dress like a woman from time to time. I do love the feel of womens clothes.

Joanne7098
11-17-2008, 12:50 PM
been doing this since I can't remember when, probably since 10 or a little older, just makes me feel good about myself, and feels natural to me,

Sophie_C
11-17-2008, 02:11 PM

I guess I'm a bit of both. I like to dress because I like the feel of girlhood. I'm a guy though. I also love femme fashion.

emmi

There's no escape. I've had a strong feminine nature to myself as long as I can remember (I even remember being corrected to 'stand like a man' when I was in grammar school). I see gender as not fully binary, although I do lean heavily to the female side.

It would be an RELIEF to actually just be myself and accepted as that versus the temporary 'escape' you are talking about.

I can't relate.

Valerie
11-17-2008, 10:54 PM
What a big question... I definitely feel more like a woman, but when I look at the mirror there is the evidence of the masculine, which has served me well. Perhaps the clue, which I have seen in many messages from others, is that I hate photographs of me in drab, but love photographs of Valerie... Yes, yes, if I have to take sides, I would be a woman, but fortunately I am part of this unique and privileged band of people who bridge both genders. Not easy, but extraordinary and something to be proud of.

Valerie

Janie Gunn
11-17-2008, 11:48 PM
It seems that many of you arent happy being the male that you were born as. Kind of like girls who arent happy being who they are and strive to be like models they see in magazines, what is the phrase, 'not happy in your own skin' , or something like that?
I guess maybe its simpler when youre doing it for the fetish, the desire to wear the clothes, because I dont try and analyse this with any 'born to be' or 'genetic' or those other theories in regard to myself, when I ask myself why I do this (a question I rarely ask myself), the answer is clear and most of all uncomplicated - for the fun of it, I enjoy it, the thrill, but ultimately I like being me, the male I was born as, I dont have any problems with that.

:hugs:
Janie

suchacutie
11-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Well, let's see if I can make sense out of this:

Part of me is masculine: He likes carpentry, reducing logs to firewood, plowing the garden, cooking, football, baseball, tipping back a few beers, and then there's the intimate stuff :).

Part of me is feminine: She likes shopping, makeup, chick flicks, shoes(!), crocheting, chit chat with her girlfriend, facials, cooking (ok we both like that but we cook different things), dusting (ok, that's weird, I know), and just generally looking attractive. I also have different perspectives on things from "him". Oh, also he's right-handed and I'm left-handed (no kidding!).

So, part of me is him and part of me is her. I don't know why, it just is!

tina and him!

avril findlay
11-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Genetically, no, but I love dressing as a woman. Not being able to wear a dress or a skirt is unthinkable!

Trinni
11-18-2008, 05:16 PM
I have been dressing since I was a kid and love the feeling of being dressed. Sometimes I get that inner girl feel when I am dressed or not but I am definitely a guy. I like doing guy things and I have taken a lot of the tests like the ones currently posted on this site right now. Depending on the test and time, I usually score anywhere from 20 to about 55 percent female.

tanyalynn51
11-24-2008, 09:16 PM
I wrestled with this question for a long time before I realized I was a woman in a man's body. I think crossdressing for me is just an external expression of an internal fact. It just took me years to realize it.

Amy Hepker
11-24-2008, 09:47 PM
I am a true girl inside, I have always wished I was born female, I am praying that in my next life I come back as a female.

Alex!
11-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Nope. I'm 100% man - one who likes to dress like a girl now and then.

Karren H
11-24-2008, 10:10 PM
I don't know what I am... and I really don't care either!! lol caught somewhere between two genders.... not quite fully fitting into either....

jennifer41356
11-24-2008, 10:20 PM
I have always felt like a girl and related better to them, so for me , to be able to experience all that is to be feamle would be awesome, all the good with all the hardships, i would do it in a second:love:

TGMarla
11-24-2008, 10:20 PM
I'd have been very happy, I think, had I been born female instead. However, as a GM, I have a lot of guy in me. I'm somewhere in between genders mentally. Physically, I'm a guy, but I sure like the feeling of "being" female. And I absolutely love feminine clothing. So mark me down as a little of both as well. I'm not transexual, but there is a big part of me that sure wishes I could be female.

Tess
11-24-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm certainly a man, but not a very manly man. Dressing as a woman is a wonderful adventure to me and it releases a strong feminine side of my personality. I'd love to have the ability to switch back and forth between male and female, but my primary role is as a man.

Jennifer_Cross
11-25-2008, 01:39 AM
I go with FanciJewel..... You could not have put that better.

I have always prefered the company of females and so I find dressing helps me get that bit nearer to the Fem side of me.

Kal
11-25-2008, 04:33 AM
I'm 100% male though I like to dress up every week or so and enjoy it. Though I love being treated as a girl when dressed and I'll probarly look to do it more often.

Laurie909
11-25-2008, 04:35 AM
When I see a photo of myself dressed as a woman, I always think to myself, "That looks right to me."

Senban
11-25-2008, 04:59 AM
I wasn't sure how to answer this at first but then I read this...

That's exactly it. I don't associate with being "male" even though I may be such on a genetic level. I feel somewhere in-between male and female, but far closer to female than male. Always have done, ever since I was very small. I even refer to myself in female language a lot of the time, but naturally and not through any form of forced affectation - I'm not role playing but rather allowing what's inside to express itself.

I do also enjoy an element of "playing dress up" but then females often do I guess, whether it's expressed with real clothes or by playing with Barbie dolls or whatever.

vivianann
11-25-2008, 05:10 AM
I identify as a girl.

RachelDenise
11-25-2008, 05:52 AM
It seems that I go back and forth. I am comfortable with my femme side and drab side as well. If the world would leave me alone it would be very fun and interesting! But life has a away of intruding. So, I'm a guy who thinks he is a girl at times and wishes he could go back and forth at will. Sort of bi-bye if you will.

sallyjones
11-25-2008, 05:57 AM

the joy of dressing is more for me that other you know the rush and then finding it more comfortable.

jillleanne
11-25-2008, 08:47 AM
definitely a lady when on femme, a lesbian totally. I cd simply because I was born this way, no other reason. Can't remember not cd'ing. And I do not dwell on why, conversely, I focus on totally accepting who I am.

izzfan
11-25-2008, 07:40 PM
When "En Femme" I think of myself as a lot more feminine and generally find myself feeling a lot happier and more able to express my emotions. I certainly don't feel very male and it would be quite nice to be treated like a lady if I ever got the courage to go out on a day other than halloween.

However, when I say that I feel female, it is more like a "tomboy" (even though I almost always wear skirts/dresses when en femme) or a more mysterious/ mischevious/ gothic and slightly geeky woman (eg: wearing a long black dress/ purple crushed velvet blouse and a long black skirt and sitting in the corner reading an obscure and interesting book).

This is certainly interesting and is definatly a part of me but it would be unwise of me to neglect my masculine side because, just as my feminine side will suddenly emerge if I ignore it for long enough, my masculine side will do exactly the same thing if I am really feminine for long enough. It's a wierd balance.

Marjory
11-25-2008, 07:48 PM
I like being a guy who has a female side that likes to dress in women's clothes. Sometimes I feel very feminine other times I'm a guy in a skirt. Depends on my mood and how things are going in general.