PDA

View Full Version : Common sense?

Nicki B
11-16-2008, 07:51 AM
In the UK, Mariella Frostrup is well-known for her deep, husky voice that demonstrates you don't have to have a high pitch to sound very feminine..

But her writing and broadcasting is notable for it's common sense and I think this is worth sharing? :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/feb/17/familyandrelationships

chrissie-h
11-16-2008, 09:26 AM
A very honest and pragmatic answer from a GG who comes over as not being that familiar with, or particularly interested in, the cross-dressing scene. She makes a very interesting comment about once being vaguely attracted to Eddie Izzard. There's maybe hope for us CDs yet!

deja true
11-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Good one from Mariella! She summarizes points (with humor) that take us threads and threads to get to.

I've "tagged" it so we can send it out again as a general answer when somebody asks the general question " What does this mean to my realtionship?"

(And coming from a well regarded commentator with no obvious pro-CD agenda,it may actually carry some weight!)

Nicki B
11-17-2008, 06:27 PM
I said 'I think this is worth sharing'! :heehee:

Anna the Dub
11-17-2008, 06:48 PM
A very honest and pragmatic answer from a GG who comes over as not being that familiar with, or particularly interested in, the cross-dressing scene. She makes a very interesting comment about once being vaguely attracted to Eddie Izzard. There's maybe hope for us CDs yet!

My GG best friend finds Eddie Izzard incredibly sexy, and is not put off by his crossdressing whatsoever.

battybattybats
11-17-2008, 10:17 PM
I've heard that a lot of women approved of Dr Fankenfurter from Rocky Horror!

And the Glam groups had hoards of female groupies.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
11-17-2008, 11:13 PM
and lets not forget Captain Shakespear ;)

ReineD
11-18-2008, 01:09 AM
How wonderfully objective! Thanks for sharing, Nicki. :hugs: