PDA

View Full Version : Did i just out myself?

mysteryUser
11-16-2008, 02:09 PM
It seems recently (say the last 6 months), I have either come close to saying something, or had a response refering to me in a dress/skirt/en fem. this has happened on about 5 different occasions.

It might be me being less guarded and more open to my self. and more accepting but still wanting to keep this side of me out of the public.

2 points that really come to mind are below

a GG friend of mine, who is currently studying away from home, (across the water) who comes home 2-3 times a year invited me to her fancy dress party for her birthday. So wanting to keep my costume a surprise, and among the talk backwards and forwards (mostly via text/email/IM) was a message from her jokingly asking if i was going to wear a skirt. i my own joking responses.

The other was at work, talking about some stuff, mostly workplace dress code in general and my boss replyed to something i said to as; "u can wear a dess to work if u like" :p (think he might be a bit shocked if i actually did it tho)

Its always light hearted and fun/jokey but all things like that come from some truth. Its all in the fun of life.

Just thought id share thoes with you.

Shelly Preston
11-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Sometimes we read more into what gets said by friends and colleagues

We think they may know but it could just be the harmless fun that it seems to be

Don't jump to the wrong conclusion

Karren H
11-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah... Shelly's right.... we are more sensitive about things that are said in jest.... especially when it comes to gender.... I get called a girl, or a whiny old woman a lot at work...

mysteryUser
11-16-2008, 02:35 PM
yea, I'm kinda aware of that, just nice to talk about the issue.

talking about u getting called a girl at work, i think ive been called a big girl a few times. and that i tend to just shrug off.

The strange thing is - with the GG friend i didnt care as much, but then again, i know she would be more understanding. (even carried on the joke longer then normal lol)

Tracii G
11-16-2008, 02:49 PM
The work thing I would be careful about.I have picked my check up on a vacation day wearing girly jeans but thats only in the main office.The girls up front have said "cute jeans Tracii they look good on you too."So my guess is THEY have no problem with it and probably wonder about me. Now the guys I would get some major problems if I wore a dress to work.

Kerrie Sifton
11-16-2008, 02:55 PM
I think that we all become more sensitized about our feminine side. And maybe something does slip... however now I am just rolling with the flow.
Someone says something about me being a "girl" i just say... you betcha! and what of it.
I might even throw in a " I wish" !
Ciao
Kerrie

sometimes_miss
11-19-2008, 01:17 AM
I can't always tell when people are kidding and when they aren't. Many years ago, I was asked if there was any reason that I might call in sick for a particular friday; I thought it unusual that anyone might ask that, and of course said no, why? She said they were planning a birthday party for me and wanted to make sure I was going to be there (It was my first year there). And she then said, 'So, is there anything you'd really like for your birthday? Maybe some silk panties?' I acted a little confused, didn't look up, and said, sure, whatever; she acted shocked by that response, like she stumbled upon a pot of gold or something, you know, the eyes wide open, jaw dropped open expression, and I knew that wasn't the reaction she was expecting. A few seconds later she says, 'Uhhh, you're kidding.....right?' and now I'm scared out of my wits, and say 'of course', still didn't look up, as if I were giving her a ridiculous answer to a ridiculous question. I never found out whether she was initially kidding or had noticed that I spent a lot of time with the woman's magazines and catalogs, lying around, and read me. I almost got read at work last year too; I had an ad on a paid dating site, mentioned the crossdressing. No picture, but a very good description, and even though the location wasn't exact, due to my vocation someone figured it out. Now, that wouldn't bother me so much if they asked me in private. But then I start getting questions about if I like wearing thongs, stockings and garters, long or short skirts, etc., while other workers and customers are around. I closed that account pretty quick. Folks at work aren't CD friendly, I've seen how they talk about customers that they read.

Kelly DeWinter
11-19-2008, 01:24 AM
nahhh, the boss ment it . I'd take him up on it and wear a dress. :)